Close

FEP User

Default "football" exhaust

Good Day,

Lookin to retrofit the above onto a '69 250/4.1 in a '66 - '77 Bronco.

I'm about to tap some keys on the 'puter at my PT parts delivery job to source/price it.

What yr/make/model/motor do I enter to find this gem?
    Guess:
    ? '77 - 83/ Ford / Granada 'stang Fairmont Zepher / 200 ?

I'll take it home and see if the frame rails and exhaust manafold will fit the thing.
    Promise to report back if I can use it or hafta go more money for the CI headers (!! $250).
    No promise on pic, tho. (never have been able to post on these vBulletin created forums/sites)

Thanks!

See http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-spec-Bcode-I6

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Well, the twin wire O2 fitted on to the primary cat B aNd X codes

Attachment 81018

I searched and search a while back. The catalytic converter above isn't 49 states legal, but it gives the dimensions of the down pipe. Don't have the link anymore. Its not as good as the stock one I've shown form my pictured links in the post above, Ford di a niuce job on it, the aftermarket number is pretty shocking, but hey, they tried, and its only a low rent Ford in line six, so who cares? LOL!

Search perameters:-

These are the dimensions of the football cat converter for A code 4.1 liter 250's, and B and X code 3.3 liter 200's. Granadas/Monarchs in the last year 1980, and all 1981-1983 Fox bodies with the 3.3 liter engine. 75-79 Granadas/Monarchs with L-code 4.1's might not have had it. It was to avoid having a feedback carb, it gave great emissions, but get 'em clogged, and they were a fire risk.

What is good is that the exhaust manifold from one of them does the trick. You won't get it new. Its a tough little SOB, and if you divide it into two holes from the big a$$ single, you'll make it into a dual out header for next to nothing. You can put a metal divider back up to the centre of exhaust 3 and 4, worth 10 hp at least on a stock 99 hp 4.1 or 87 to 91 hp 3.3 engine.

Loved the nice, smooth sound the football exhaust gives with the stock cat and dual exhaust out back. The exhaust gave an extra 6 or 7 hp in manual or auto 1981 3.3's over the 85 hp in earlier T codes till 1980. There are several B and X code hp ratings, depending on if the fan clutch is engaged, but they are all the same, though the 1982 lost four hp again down to 87 hp with emission changes.

A quick note.

The 4-1-4" out let exhaust is found on three engines from 1980 to 1983.

200/3.3 B code 1980 to 1982 Fox platform

(care of powerband on Fordsix.com)

200/3.3 X code 1983 Fox platfrom

and the one year only 250/4.1 C code 1980 Monarch/Granada

Without the cat attached, it will fit any engine bay.

You find the exhast on ebay all the time

Casting no EOBE 9430 KE

Replacement cat is around.

Fox body primary light off catalyst E1 BE 211 replacement is Catco #66991

Part numbers are under the American Granada, Monarch and Versailles
    Parts Interchange (1975 – 1980)

See http://jhkaster.bizland.com/Granada/...ange_Final.pdf

Page 57 on,

5212 Catalytic Converter, front, Item 125 stamped E0 DZ 5E212 A or Item 125 stamped E0 DZ 5E212 E

5250 Catalytic Converter back Iyem 129 and 132.

Page 178 on, 9430 Exhaust Manifold–Right or In line

Item 337 is E0 BZ 9430 F
    or 339 is E0 BZ 9430 G

See http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ont-I6-project

The big foot ball converter B and X code exhaust found on the 3.3 Foxes from the 1981 model year had a large single outlet

which can be divided up two or four ways. The single approx 4.25" hole can then run two exhaust pipes, sort of like this Opel 1900 twin carb header

one pipe can then go under the sump like this[/quote]

That allows you to run a 5.0 style full dual exhaust system, even with quad pipes if you wanna look like Daniel Boone packig a Pen Long riffle.

The stock 4.25 " exhaust football converter B and X code 3.3

It can be divided up into two pipes, and then one led under the engine to the left, and the other to the right, so you can run a V8 style exhaust.

A great example of the VK Ei style exhaust is this

Or contact Emerald 74 4x4, and have him make up a set like this

see http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=384015