Close



Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1165
  1. #1
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Cool 1979 Coupe-The Tangerine Machine

    My oldest son is going on 16 and will be eligible to get his driver's license in May. I have been continually searching for parts and such for my other cars but I always check out any four eyes for sale too. I didn't think he needed anything too fancy or powerful to start with for a first car. My first car was an '81 coupe with a straight six and I liked it while I had it. Maybe he will join the site and take over this thread one day.

    I spotted this little car almost a month ago. I had started a thread asking for opinions about this coupe that ended up being only around five miles from my house They were asking $1500 OBO.

    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...angerine-Coupe

    The car is pretty much all original. It has only 59000KM (~36000 miles) on it currently. The original owner had bought it new for his daughter to drive to University. After that it wasn't used much and sat for many years. The PO bought it from the original owner in Kelowna, BC a couple of years ago. This is where it was originally sold: DSO - B7 = Pacific Ford of Canada district sales office

    The wife of the guy I bought it from used it as a daily driver for two straight years. I have a copy of the out of province inspection when they brought it here. April 2011 and it had 39000KM on it then.

    Here she is:

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...f2f5e.jpg.html
    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...06702.jpg.html
    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...68b5b.jpg.html

    Update Aug. 2015:

    Here is a copy of the Marti report. I originally posted it here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...e-Marti-Report

    Stats say there were 156,666 1979 Coupes built. There were 3820 built and painted Tangerine (2.4%). There were only 332 with this paint/trim code according to the report (0.2%).

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...5zkxz.jpg.html
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Changed PB links
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) T-Top GT RestoMod:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...other-79-Coupe!

  2. #2
    FEP Senior Member foxylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nanjemoy, MD
    Posts
    916

    Default

    I like it!! Congrats!!
    Amy MCA #81079 3rd generation concours gold card judge
    1979 Cobra
    1979 Ghia coupe
    1982 Mercury Capri Black Magic - White
    1984 T top coupe 13k miles
    1993 Yellow /black feature convertible 14k miles
    1993Yellow/black feature convertible AC delete
    1995 Ford Probe
    1995 Cobra hardtop convertible
    2016 EcoBoost Convertible

  3. #3

    Default

    Cool beans! I hope your son will be as happy as i was when i bought my Mustang. My first car when i turned 16 was my 86 5.0 coupe. My Mom & Dad didn't want me to have it because of the V8 but they said if i payed for it with my own money then i could buy it. I was one happy camper to be driving a 5.0 Mustang to high school in 1990!! Sounds like a nice father/son project,congrats!

  4. #4
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Post Door Tag Info

    FoxChassis broke down the VIN is that other post:

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...e23d6.jpg.html

    "That's a very early one, likely made within the first few weeks of production. It was made at the San Jose (Milpitas, CA) assembly plant. The 2.8L v6 engine was available only for the first part of that year. Don't know how easy it is to find parts for it but it was available in the 1974-79 Mustang.

    VIN
    9 = 1979 model year
    R = San Jose Assembly
    02 = Mustang 2-dr coupe
    Z = 2.8L V6 engine
    103144 = 3,144th 1979 Ford scheduled for production at San Jose Assembly

    Door Tag
    Date - 09-78 = September 1978 scheduled build
    F0150 = 150 lbs front accessory reserve load
    R0103 = 103 lbs rear accessory reserve load
    Exterior Paint Colors - 85 = Tangerine
    DSO - B7 = Pacific Ford of Canada district sales office
    Body - 66B = Mustang 2-dr coupe
    Int Trim - DA = cloth & vinyl seating, low-back front buckets (D), Black interior color (A)
    R - [blank] = no radio
    S - [blank] = no sunroof
    Ax - Y = 3.08:1 axle ratio, non-locking differential
    Tr - V = C-3 automatic transmission
    VV = front springs
    MM = rear springs"

    I found this in the console after we got it home:

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...b86e4.jpg.html

    I've looked a little for the buck tag, but I haven't spotted it yet. '79 and San Jose could have been in different locations. I am going to look deeper soon. I heard it could be around the driver's headlight or even on or near the bumper.

    "3,144th 1979 Ford scheduled for production at San Jose Assembly": I wonder what number Mustang out of those "Fords" it was? Or was that number all Mustangs?
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #5
    Earl Ingstad evlgt85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    7,050
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Love the car, the color, all of it.

    Sadly, it's asking a lot, even of a stocker, to have the buck tag survive all these years. I've found them smooshed under the radiator before, just about any place it could be attached at the very front of the vehicle seems to be a possibility.

  6. #6
    FEP Super Member 80Notch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ewing, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    FREEKIN SWEET!!! seriously awesome and will be a killer first car! not fast so he cant get in trouble but its still a mustang you can still make it look cool...hell my old notch was a bone stock 2.3/4 speed slow as hell...threw a set of welds on it and drove it that way over a year ...thumbs up for days!
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

  7. #7

    Default

    Buck tag is lower, below the driver-side headlamps. See >> THIS << image.

    Mustang/Capri were the only Ford/Mercury models made at San Jose and Dearborn but the decoder I made covers all Foxes, and some of them were not the only Ford/Lincoln/Mercury made at one assembly plant, so it's easier to just say "Ford/Lincoln/Mercury" instead of that particular model.

    Owner Card/Metal Tag
    9R02Z103144 = [VIN decoded above]
    85 = Tangerine exterior paint color
    B7 = Pacific Ford of Canada district sales office
    66B = Mustang 2-dr coupe
    DA = cloth & vinyl seating, low-back front buckets (D), Black interior color (A)
    01J = September 1 scheduled build date
    YV = 3.08:1 axle ratio, non-locking differential (Y), C-3 automatic transmission (V)

    The lack of any other codes after "YV" means no radio, no A/C, and no sunroof.
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

    FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

    Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    Cool beans! I hope your son will be as happy as i was when i bought my Mustang. My first car when i turned 16 was my 86 5.0 coupe. My Mom & Dad didn't want me to have it because of the V8 but they said if i payed for it with my own money then i could buy it. I was one happy camper to be driving a 5.0 Mustang to high school in 1990!! Sounds like a nice father/son project,congrats!
    My parents felt exactly the same as yours...a 16 year old shouldn't have a ttop V8 as his first car. That didn't stop me from buying an 86GT with the money I saved from working at McDonalds from the time I was 14. In the end they came around to trusting me with the car and I had a lot of great times in it (that car is the reason Im a part of this forum today...it sparked my love affair with the Mustang, and foxbody's).

    To the op, I hope your son has a similar experience and this car pushes him to get involved in the Mustang hobby. He has an excellent looking first car, and with a couple tweaks, he can make it look a little more contemporary and all his own. I really hope he enjoys it, tell him congratulations from all of us. It's an awesome looking Mustang!
    Cheers!

    Mike (TopGear85)



    Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

    Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

  9. #9
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 80Notch View Post
    FREEKIN SWEET!!! seriously awesome and will be a killer first car! not fast so he cant get in trouble but its still a mustang you can still make it look cool...hell my old notch was a bone stock 2.3/4 speed slow as hell...threw a set of welds on it and drove it that way over a year ...thumbs up for days!
    There is so much that can be done pretty cheap too:
    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...06702.jpg.html
    http://s222.photobucket.com/user/trb...N0675.jpg.html
    (Thanks trbofox for the image and inspiration!)

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Buck tag is lower, below the driver-side headlamps. See >> THIS << image.

    Mustang/Capri were the only Ford/Mercury models made at San Jose and Dearborn but the decoder I made covers all Foxes, and some of them were not the only Ford/Lincoln/Mercury made at one assembly plant, so it's easier to just say "Ford/Lincoln/Mercury" instead of that particular model.

    01J = September 1 scheduled build date
    That is pretty darned early.

    So this is the 3144th fox built at both plants? Thanks for the location hints for the buck tag too. Once we get it indoors I'll get to look closer. I hope the build sheet is hiding safely somewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    My parents felt exactly the same as yours...a 16 year old shouldn't have a ttop V8 as his first car. That didn't stop me from buying an 86GT with the money I saved from working at McDonalds from the time I was 14. In the end they came around to trusting me with the car and I had a lot of great times in it (that car is the reason Im a part of this forum today...it sparked my love affair with the Mustang, and foxbody's).

    To the op, I hope your son has a similar experience and this car pushes him to get involved in the Mustang hobby. He has an excellent looking first car, and with a couple tweaks, he can make it look a little more contemporary and all his own. I really hope he enjoys it, tell him congratulations from all of us. It's an awesome looking Mustang!
    After I lost my first coupe, my dad wouldn't co-sign a loan to get my '85 TC. My aunt did it for me instead. I flipped it one stupid half drunk night and could have died but walked away. My dad is still mad at her, but I learned from it (plus I bought my '82 after). We can all act a little juvenile and stupid on occasion and we have all done things we wouldn't want to do again I suppose (or admit to doing). I hope he is as responsible as I am now
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 09:50 AM.

  10. #10
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default First Plans

    The seller was offering this car for $1500 obo. He had recently done the brakes, shocks, exhaust (Y back) and it had new tires. When we test drove it, it ran pretty good. It was pretty tight, handled well and stopped decently too. The obvious problems are that the car is leaking oil. While we out we stopped and checked under hood. The idle was REAL low and it was almost stalling. When we returned to back it into the spot, it did stall in front of him and I had to two foot it into place. I called the next day and explained due to the work needed on the engine and the ad being OBO I would start my offer at $1000. He said that was what he had put into it recently and that he would take it. I was elated as I was expecting him to counter somewhere in the middle. I would have even paid the $1500 but it had sat for a few weeks already.

    Oil leaks. I haven't looked too closely, but it looks like the oil pan, front seal, or front cover. One or all, not sure. It seems to blow some blue at start up and I'm sure I saw some driving. So I think maybe valve seals or rings? It sat for a while before being a DD again :confused

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...2dd85.jpg.html

    It is the 2.8L Cologne V6. Not the most common but it seems there is hope and potential for this engine. I am thinking we will pull it this fall (this looks simple compared to something newer) and possibly go as far as rebuilding while we have it out and porting the heads myself.

    There are some rust spots around the car but they are actually not too bad. Not even close from going through so maybe easy fixes? Judging by the nice gloss under the trunk lid its going to look real good! A clay bar, polish and wax will do this wonders as it sits!!

    There are a few mouse holes in the drivers floor carpet and some foam torn off the back of the back seat. The headliner is starting to separate and will need to be replaced one day. The exhaust IS leaking at the inside of the Y, just upstream of what was recently replaced

    I can see some wheels in the future for him to get too. I sure wish I hadn't jumped the gun and sold my five spoke Ronals . That would've looked good and been cheap!
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Changed to direct link photos

  11. #11
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Inside

    This interior is real nice. Nothing too 70's crazy. She was originally a radio delete but has a dealer AM radio in it. Nice un-cracked dash pad, nice doors and panels. A good console but the shifter bezel is peeling and the "chrome" is chipping. All of the original glass seems to be in it even.

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...be890.jpg.html
    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...6816f.jpg.html
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 10:17 AM.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    So this is the 3144th fox built at both plants?
    Each plant starts at 100001 for Fords, and they are not interleaved between plants, so this one would be the 3,144th scheduled for production at San Jose Assembly.

    There would also have been a 9F0__103144 at Dearborn Assembly.
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

    FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

    Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

  13. #13

    Default

    If he's a real good kid and he truly looks up to you & respects you, please by all means put him a 2 barrel 302 roller motor in that puppy!! Don't let his buddys be ragging him for not having a 5.0 for gods sake. Trust me, i had friends that drove 4 banger foxbody's in HS and they were picked and joked at because there car didn't sound like a true Mustang suppose too. Plus chicks will be all over him just because his car is COOL and sounds bad ass!! My 86 coupe was a babe magnet in HS and all my buddys loved it when they heard those Flowmaster's roar through the parking lot!! Just lay down some STIFF rules for him to follow if he were to act up with it and get in trouble. I remember my dad caught me doing a burnout in front of my cousins house on a dare and he plainly told me what would happen if he caught me acting a FOOL in my Mustang....well long story short....i had to ride the school bus for a MONTH!!! All my friends gave me a hard time for having to ride the bus while my sweet 5.0 Mustang sat in the yard for everyone to see. That truly broke me from acting up ever again while i was living at home with my parents.

  14. #14
    FEP Super Member 80Notch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ewing, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    Nothing wrong with the 6 banger! let him get used to driving before you do any kind of engine mods...thats what my dad did with me...my first car was an 85 SS monte carlo and i damn near killed myself in it

    aside from paint and the rims this car was 100% stock engine /trans/rear wise...it was slow as hell but damn it looked good!

    Last edited by 80Notch; 09-16-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

  15. #15

    Default

    IMO you can get killed just as fast in a 4 or 6 banger as you can a V8. It all depends how you use your BRAIN!!! If you act stupid then stupid stuff will happen. You have to respect ANY car regardless of what size engine it has. I had a good friend of mine in HS that when he turned 16 his dad gave him a 1970 GS Buick 455 as his first car. To this day he has NEVER got a ticket for speeding or acting up in that car because he was raised right and he respected that car for the power it had plus his dad would have skinned him alive if he would have raised hell in that car. A 302 will just make the COOL factor a whole lot more when he drives it to school plus he will respect the car more with a V8 under the hood. I just know if my 86 coupe would have been a 4 or 6 banger i would have not been a happy camper but that's just my opinion, each to his own though.

  16. #16
    FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 80Notch View Post
    Nothing wrong with the 6 banger! let him get used to driving before you do any kind of engine mods...thats what my dad did with me...my first car was an 85 SS monte carlo and i damn near killed myself in it

    aside from paint and the rims this car was 100% stock engine /trans/rear wise...it was slow as hell but damn it looked good!

    Your car looks great!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

    Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6



    My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

  17. #17
    FEP Super Member JTurbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    5,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 79mustangcobra View Post
    Your car looked great!
    Fixed it for ya...

    The tangerine notch is so cool, glad it got into the hands of an enthusiast! Looking forward to your updates.

    JT
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

  18. #18
    FEP Super Member 80Notch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ewing, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Fixed it for ya...

    The tangerine notch is so cool, glad it got into the hands of an enthusiast! Looking forward to your updates.

    JT
    thanks for the correction
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

  19. #19
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Each plant starts at 100001 for Fords, and they are not interleaved between plants, so this one would be the 3,144th scheduled for production at San Jose Assembly.

    There would also have been a 9F0__103144 at Dearborn Assembly.
    That makes a little more sense then. Still pretty early in the VIN's.

    Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    If he's a real good kid and he truly looks up to you & respects you, please by all means put him a 2 barrel 302 roller motor in that puppy!! Don't let his buddys be ragging him for not having a 5.0 for gods sake. Trust me, i had friends that drove 4 banger foxbody's in HS and they were picked and joked at because there car didn't sound like a true Mustang suppose too. Plus chicks will be all over him just because his car is COOL and sounds bad ass!! My 86 coupe was a babe magnet in HS and all my buddys loved it when they heard those Flowmaster's roar through the parking lot!! Just lay down some STIFF rules for him to follow if he were to act up with it and get in trouble. I remember my dad caught me doing a burnout in front of my cousins house on a dare and he plainly told me what would happen if he caught me acting a FOOL in my Mustang....well long story short....i had to ride the school bus for a MONTH!!! All my friends gave me a hard time for having to ride the bus while my sweet 5.0 Mustang sat in the yard for everyone to see. That truly broke me from acting up ever again while i was living at home with my parents.
    I think he really just wants to have something drivable by the time he gets his license and not put a lot of money into it. If he chooses to upgrade later that can be his deal. I can just help

    Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    IMO you can get killed just as fast in a 4 or 6 banger as you can a V8. It all depends how you use your BRAIN!!! If you act stupid then stupid stuff will happen. You have to respect ANY car regardless of what size engine it has. I had a good friend of mine in HS that when he turned 16 his dad gave him a 1970 GS Buick 455 as his first car. To this day he has NEVER got a ticket for speeding or acting up in that car because he was raised right and he respected that car for the power it had plus his dad would have skinned him alive if he would have raised hell in that car. A 302 will just make the COOL factor a whole lot more when he drives it to school plus he will respect the car more with a V8 under the hood. I just know if my 86 coupe would have been a 4 or 6 banger i would have not been a happy camper but that's just my opinion, each to his own though.
    I know he's not too concerned about what is in it. We've talked about how original it is and how we could keep it mostly so. We think it's a nice capsule. We're looking forward to working on the 2.8 together to get it in good order!

  20. #20
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    The tangerine notch is so cool, glad it got into the hands of an enthusiast! Looking forward to your updates.

    JT
    Thanks a lot. I like it just the way it is myself (although I personally like the forward scoop on them as well). A nice set of rims maybe, fix the rust spots and polish her up. It's going to look good! The color is awesome. The day I brought it home it was overcast and drizzling. I felt like the tangerine was a torch that stood out!

  21. #21
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The car has four nice "Mustang" mud flaps on it but we found these in the trunk buried under the fabric behind the seat.

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...3754d.jpg.html
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: FUPB

  22. #22
    FEP Supporter 82GTforME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    4,090
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Body Stamp

    I know there was a thread earlier this year asking about these types of stamps but I don't think there was anything to them. This is the passenger front quarter over the wheelwell.

    http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/82...e2074.jpg.html
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 07-08-2017 at 10:22 AM.

  23. #23
    FEP Super Member 80Notch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ewing, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,198

    Default

    a forward facing scoop would be awesome and mabe just a set of clean 10 holes? i know mine had the same rims/hubcaps yours has now upgrading to a wider tire made the car ride completely different
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    I know there was a thread earlier this year asking about these types of stamps but I don't think there was anything to them. This is the passenger front quarter over the wheelwell.
    That is when the inner fender was stamped.
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

    FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

    Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

  25. #25

    Default

    Awesome awesome awesome!!! Love it! Especially the 2.8 badges!!
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking to buy 82 T-Top Mustang GT, and 79 - 82 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black, Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •