Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    PS Walking-Tall, aint gettin at ya, love your 3.8 emissions removal too, especially on what was the only bad system Ford ever made, the 3.8 set up....At least you don't have emmissions wasps in your state for 30+ y/o cars...If some one from Ford would please like to explain why they made the 82 to 86 era 3.8 system so bad......if it wasn't bad, your car would be doing sub 18 second 1/4 miles and 30 mpg like all V6's should.
    There are a variety of emissions wasps in Canada's provinces, and they focus all their attention onto 1988-and-newer stuff. That suits me swell, as you won't ever find me behind the wheel of anything newer than ~'85, for a number of reasons and a couple bad experiences with said (corrupt) Nazis. I don't know what my Mustang will do in the 1320 (it's no powerhouse, and I've never been concerned with that department), but it certainly runs and drives and consistently acts and behaves better any given day/time/temperature/weather than it ever did, or I'd guess than any 3.8 does as-is factory-wise and working "good", and the 32 mpg average it got on it's last long trip is icing on the cake and are great reasons to switch to and dial in a carburetor if you're able to "legally".
    Last edited by Walking-Tall; 03-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/