http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...ans/103973922/

Building on my earlier post about FCA killing the 200 and Dart. This still seems really short-sighted to me. GM, not so much, i guess. They have too many product lines, but for Ford, anyway. Gas prices are GOING to go back up, and look what happened in 2008 when all the US automakers were caught with long-neglected car lines no one wanted. Only difference is this time, they'll have NOTHING in those segments rather than bad products. And of course looking at the longer term, the planet is going to run out of oil entirely, so why waste more of it with moves like this? Is anyone really still doubting climate change is real after the butt-kicking Florida and Texas just got? Seriously?!

Anyway, getting back to the article itself, it's not that strange to me Buick may cancel the LaCrosse. It's a lame product. And this idea of theirs the Regal can be a wagon-only is just stupid. I like wagons as much as the next guy, but Americans buy sedans all day over wagons. This may have just been fantasy, but I read somewhere recently they're considering a "Buick Firebird/Trans Am". Again, that's just stupid. Why sell a very close copy of the Camaro when you could offer something unique on the same architecture. I've also heard better-substantiated rumors Buick is considering resurrecting the Grand National/GNX name for a turbo V6 sedan. That makes a ton more sense to me. Buick would be drawing on its OWN performance past and not competing directly with a Chevy product. AND, it would slot nicely in place of the LaCrosse. AND it would bring back and affordable RWD sedan offering now that Chevy has canceled the SS.