Close

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1501

I won’t get my new countertop delivered from the manufacturer until the 28th. It was supposed to be this weekend.

I’m going to finish the walls in the bathroom this weekend hopefully, then I’ll get back after Booger for a little bit.

I knew work was going to be dead this morning, so I brought down the fourth rail to cut out the floor pan area using my air tools.
    Name:  9ABE7F0C-8BAC-4B77-9596-B8835C281144.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  96.4 KB
    Then I cut out some small patch panels for the trimmed area. I cleaned them all up for welding tonight. I need to do a little fitting and trimming first, but that one is about done.Name:  11EDAECF-0F00-43C9-92EF-A6521C85E8BA.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  91.0 KB

discovered this thread Monday, been having a blast reading the progress. keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ray

1986 Mustang "Frankenstang" '03 IRS 3.8 CFI
    1997 Crown Victoria, partially Grand Marquis

Quote Originally Posted by 86frankenstang View Post
    discovered this thread Monday, been having a blast reading the progress. keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, it’s been fun.

I know I said I wasn't going to post the details of the right side cs since it's basically a copy of the left side, but I haven't had much of a chance to work on Booger because of the bathroom. So you're getting the details anyhow.

I got home and fit and trimmed the rung and welded the pieces together.
    Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  107.4 KB
    Then I dressed the welds.
    Name:  IMG_0075.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  109.1 KBName:  IMG_0077.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  101.6 KB
    Not much for tonight. Hopefully I'll get more time to work on it this weekend. I have to finish the walls of the bathroom this weekend though.

Looks Puuurty!

Quit messing around with the bathroom and get back to work!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Looks Puuurty!

Quit messing around with the bathroom and get back to work!
    Lol, bathrooms, like cars, always take longer than you planned for.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Lol, bathrooms, like cars, always take longer than you planned for.
    Yes, I completely understand. Same is true for a complete remodel of my Parents home.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

So between football games I did some stuff.

I finished the five rungs and starting fitting and welding in the cross braces. I got through the front part, I just need to finish the last two for the rear area.

Name:  IMG_0080.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  96.9 KBName:  IMG_0083.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  108.3 KB

Tomorrow I need to go into work to paint a car, then I'll be working on the bathroom walls. I hope to have about half of them done tomorrow to include the knock down texturing.

I will get the other two cross braces done this week and drop it out like last time.

When I finish this I'll finish off the front floor pan and get it all painted. Then offf to the rear floorpan and the IRS.

Looking good. Construction never goes the way you plan or schedule. Suppliers are late, subs are late....everything just gets pushed back. Kind of like my project, but my excuse is I am always in on the 'puter to see what progress YOU have made!

1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I was going to get the last two diagonal bars done (or mostly done) tonight.

I started by getting the number four diagonal all cut out, cleaned up and partially welded in. Everything is going smooth.
    Name:  IMG_0105.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  100.9 KB
    But......

My neighbor is moving.......

I got the last measurements for bar number five made and marked it out on the bar stock. I was getting ready to plug in the die grinder and then I notice a nice younger couple out front of my moving neighbor's house.

So, what should I do? I know! Break out the grinder and show 'em my skills, right?

Lol, no.....I'll wait till they sign a contract on the house first, THEN, then they'll realize there's a problem with the neighbor.

Hopefully the guy likes beer?

[QUOTE=Davedacarpainter;1892629

Hopefully the guy likes beer?[/QUOTE]

And Boogers.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I ordered a neat thing today from Maximum Motorsports. It’s a new spacer for between the pedal box assy and the firewall.

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/P...ang-P1599.aspx

When I pulled out the old auto pedal assembly, the original spacer was falling apart. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do about that.

By an odd chance I found the new spacer at MM. Yay!

No work on the car, I’m working on the bathroom all weekend.....well, after college football that is.

I had seen that in their new Hydro-Boost Conversion Kit and was hoping they would offer it as a separate item. I have been kicking around reproducing the original plastic one for a couple of years now, but never had the time to focus on it. At the MM price this is definitely a better choice. I too will be order a couple of them for my different Foxes.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Yep, still working on the bathroom......I'm getting close though. I'll finish the walls this weekend and hopefully have the new countertop and sink next weekend. Then I'm done! Yay!

Car wise, I got that spacer in from MM yesterday. Isn't it beautiful? Lol, I get excited over little crap like this, what can I tell you.........?
    Name:  IMG_0111.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  78.0 KBName:  IMG_0112.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  54.3 KB

oooh i need one of those for the '92.
    -Randy
    '83 Mustang GL notchback - 351w - T5Z
    '84 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Hatch #2808 - 302 - T5
    ''92 Mustang LX Hatch - 2.3t - IRS (in progress)

Fancy! I just stacked a bunch of washers on mine.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Fancy! I just stacked a bunch of washers on mine.
    I was pretty thrilled with this piece after paying $240 or so for new firewall insulation. The bosses fit right into it.

Hmmm. I've had just about every single bolt/part off of my mustang and several parts cars and I dont recall running across this one. Am i missing it then? What issue might it cause?

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Hmmm. I've had just about every single bolt/part off of my mustang and several parts cars and I dont recall running across this one. Am i missing it then? What issue might it cause?

It is a spacer between the pedal box assembly and the firewall. The original is black plastic that is often cracked or broken upon removal. The round raised section act as washers between the actual pedal box and go thru the holes in the firewall insulation to support the pedal box properly against the firewall.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

My original one stuck to the old insulation padding (or at least parts of it did). It almost seemed like it was a piece of the old padding at first.

I can see how it could go un-noticed when removing the old insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Issues? Idk, maybe because the firewall insulation will be held tight between the firewall and pedal box it could cause tearing of the insulation? The insulation is somewhat free floating being just held in with plastic connectors.

Your pedal box will be about 1/4" farther in too, I don't think that would be that big of a deal with the loose tolerances of our cars.

Also the bosses of the spacer give specific torque points for the brake booster and pedal box, without it and having the insulation be like a soft washer for those points, I guess your torque readings could be off and lead to a loosening of the nuts holding it all together.

I believe leaving the spacer out might cause damage to the booster & M/C because of the pedal box being closer to them and causing the stroke to be longer. I have always reinstalled it even when doing a full restoration, so I can't guarantee what if any damage may occur. I personally don't want to find out and have to fix it later.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I'll have to look closer. I've been stewing all day. I think mine was fused to the insulation pad, but again I'll have to take a closer look

I'm still mostly alive.........and working on the bathroom!

I noticed I keep saying I'll finish the wallls over some previous weekend, I'm so naive...... Who'd of thought remodeling a bathroom could be such a pain in the ass?

I have finished 3 1/4 of the walls. This weekend I'll get the last 3/4!

I'm so physically tired of that dang bathroom. I'm really sick of the smell of latex paint. Lol.

The bathroom actually is coming out great, but that's for an entirely different type of forum.

This weekend, and I mean it, the walls will be done. I called lowes today to ask about my new countertop....they said hopefully within the next three days, I want to cry.

Iowa plays Penn State tomorrow, so nothing else will exist for those three hours. Then the toilet comes out and the main bathroom light. A bunch of knock down texturing, primer and paint. Reinstall the toilet and light AGAIN. Then hope for a countertop.

If it's not here then? I'll get that last rail done finally on Booger!

I'm dying to get back after it, but I have sort of a completion problem........

I know what you're thinking, if dave has such a problem with finishing things, then explain the engine bay! Ok, ok, I'm going back and finish it up as soon as the cs is done.

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast