Close

Default Need help identify components

I'm trying to clean up a bit the mess that was done on vacuum lines on my friend's Cobra (for ex. distributor advance is linked to charchoal canister without any vacuum from intake) ... not a surprise the engine runs like crap ...
    Even though they all mention a smog pump and this car doesn't seems to ever have one, I have vacuum diagrams to help but I need to identify the following components.

The red one has TVS engraved, the right-most one is for EGR, but have no idea about the blue and green one (doesn't have anything else than Ford and part-number).

I know the green one in the middle is related to charcoal canister
    The black&white has carb/dist on its sides and is usually between intake/timed vacuum and distributor
    No idea of the white&green

Also as carb/dist on sides

The following components are located from passenger to driver side on the above photo

Left-most has a vacuum port above and a port vacuum below
    Middle one has two dual-vacuums ports
    Right has two vacuum ports

Also, need help to locate the various ports on the 5200

There are two on driver side, one plugged, and one on passenger side.
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

Might help others ...

Red : 9A995 Air Cleaner TVS Valve (TVS) open 50F closes 60F
    Blue : 9E862 Air Cleaner Cold Weather Modulator (A/CL CWM) opens 55F closes 40F
    Green : 9E862 Air Cleaner Cold Weather Modulator (A/CL CWM) opens 76F closes 50F
    Full right : 9G328 Idle Vacuum Valve (IVV)

Green/White : 9E589 Thermal Vent Valve (TVV)
    Green : 9B963 Purge Control Valve (Purge CV)
    Black/White : couldn't find any reference on it
    Last edited by TuxStang; 03-26-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

That black and white thingamajig is a "Vacuum Delay Valve". For those that would like to become experts on the topic, see this Wikipedia article. Quite intriguing indeed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_delay_valve FYI, they cost about $6 new in case you ever need to find a replacement.

Thanks.
    So there are 2 VDV on this engine ... one black/white (63.5s), one black/grey (10s).

Also have two small black/white of what I guess is just VCV (Vacuum Check Valve) as they're so small I can't read anything on them..

Now from what I have, should be able to identify a suiting vacuum diagram (unfortunately, calibration sticker is unreadable).

Another usefull link => http://myzephyrs.com/ (btw, it also hosts 79 to 83 copies of EVTM for Fairmont/Zephyr).

Lots of info at that site, TuxStang. Thank you. Makes me wish I had a Zephyr to use it on.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version