Close

Thread: New 84 gt here

Default New 84 gt here

hey I wanted to introduce myself my names Alex I'm 27 years old born with spina bifida & use hand controls and I discovered the car I got with funds from my fundraiser(still gonna need a lot of parts so if you can help please do)
    after a little digging I found out I have a fairly rare car! The lady I got it from bought it when it was one year old in 85 me and her deceased son were best friends in kindergarten and always wanted the car and oddly enough all these years later I ended up with it although it's been sitting 20 years it's solid and pretty nice!
    If what I figured is correct its 1 of 19 5.0 gt in bright copper glow that's before interior color and transmission etc. anyone know if this is correct? Do you think this will mean anything years from now ? I'm excited to swap the auto from my dads car in and getting it on the road
    Also what's the easiest way to post pics?

im including the link to my fundraiser to give my whole story!
    https://www.gofundme.com/getting-an-...-to-get-in-car

also bbs is one of the company's stepping up to help their willing to discount 2 sets of rg-r rims in 18 in fox body fitment normally retail at 3000 looking for 1800obo one for my car and one to sell to raise funds so if anyone is interested get in contact they will be coming straight from bbs!

im happy I found this page!

Welcome to FEP.

Don't know where you got 1 of 19 from but that's not right.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Welcome to FEP.

Don't know where you got 1 of 19 from but that's not right.
    i found in the color breakdowns on another page it looked like for a 1984 gt in bright copper glow they made 19 that year. Do you know the correct info?

It was on mustangsandford.com looks like 840 for an lx 5.0 hatch and 19 for a 5.0 gt

Welcome!

None of those production numbers have been verified by Ford. I know for a fact that some of them are indeed incorrect, so consider them all incorrect unless they have been verified by Ford. The only way to verify them is via Marti Auto Works' "Personalized Stats Reports".

The second digit that you see after the space in some of those columns should not be there. The number for 1984 9C P28M should be "840" not "840 19". Also, "P28M" is the code for Mustang hatchback with 5.0L engine. (That code was the same for the LX 5.0L hatchback and the GT 5.0L hatchback. None of the numbers that you see in the P28M columns are broken down by LX and GT. All of those P28M numbers are for LX 5.0L hatchback and GT 5.0L hatchback combined.)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    None of those production numbers have been verified by Ford. I know for a fact that some of them are indeed incorrect, so consider them all incorrect unless they have been verified by Ford. The only way to verify them is via Marti Auto Works' "Personalized Stats Reports".

The second digit that you see after the space in some of those columns should not be there. The number for 1984 9C P28M should be "840" not "840 19". Also, "P28M" is the code for Mustang hatchback with 5.0L engine. (That code was the same for the LX 5.0L hatchback and the GT 5.0L hatchback. None of the numbers that you see in the P28M columns are broken down by LX and GT. All of those P28M numbers are for LX 5.0L hatchback and GT 5.0L hatchback combined.)
    awesome thank you still a bit more uncommon than some of the other colors I'm sure they were beautiful when new!
    i planned to order a marti report but will a std or delux show exactly how many were made like mine with color interior transmission etc or do I need to get the elite

You need the "personalised stats report" or the "elite report" which includes a personal stats report.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Hi, welcome to the site. I have a 1984 GT Vert. Bright Copper Glow and the Marti Report shows that mine is one of 166 cars with that paint, so I assume that there were 166 cars with the 9C paint code. I will post a copy of my report tomorrow. I'm just out of town right now. Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcapper View Post
    Hi, welcome to the site. I have a 1984 GT Vert. Bright Copper Glow and the Marti Report shows that mine is one of 166 cars with that paint, so I assume that there were 166 cars with the 9C paint code. I will post a copy of my report tomorrow. I'm just out of town right now. Troy.
    If it's a "deluxe report" that number is for all convertibles (all models [LX and GT] and all engines [3.8L V6 and 5.0L V8]). If it is a "personalized stats report" it is (probably, depending on how the stats are arranged) for GT convertible.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Yup, I realize that it is probably for all cars that year, I was just trying to give some idea of how many were made with that paint code Here is my report. I hope this helps just a little bit. Troy.Name:  1984 Mustang GT 025.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  86.8 KB