Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Talked to two more people this past week that have stated they saw a 1984 GT350 Dominator convertible. So my belief that one actually exists keeps getting stronger. I will definitely share if and when I find one! Same goes for a Twister II Dominator if I locate one!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    Talked to two more people this past week that have stated they saw a 1984 GT350 Dominator convertible. So my belief that one actually exists keeps getting stronger. I will definitely share if and when I find one! Same goes for a Twister II Dominator if I locate one!
    Man a Twister II Dominator would be SWEEEETTT!!! I want one now .
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

FEP Member

Unhappy I had one!!

I had one!!! I admit that I have not been on this board in a while... so here's my story about mine...

These are the only known pics that I have from it. It was an 84 1/2 GT350 Dominator T-top. Long tubes, underdrives, 3:55 gears, and some other stuff...

I loved that car, and had to sell it while going through a rough patch in life... I was young...

Here's the deal. I sold this car and got SCREWED on it. Person that I sold it to didn't pay me the rest of the money. (yes, I was trusting, and in a bad time in my life, and didn't use good judgement)

I still have the title to this car in my name. I have never been able to find the car or the person who basically stole it from me. I sold the car in 2000, really needed the money, and sold it to a lady... but the address she gave was bogus, and we never found her or the car. (when I sold it, the metric wheels were on it)

I WANT THIS CAR BACK!!! I HAVE THE TITLE IN MY NAME TO PROVE IT'S MINE!!!

Thank you for reading

Alex
    Looking for a thrill
    '79 Fairmont Wagon
    '80 Fairmont Wagon

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

simple. call the local p.d.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

FEP Power Member ScreeminChikin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stableboy View Post
    simple. call the local p.d.
    [sarchasm]ya...that'l work[/sarchasm]
    '90 LX Sport 5.0\T5
    '90 GT 331\T5
    '90 Notchback 5.3LS\S480 Turbo\TH400

Very nice Anny Dominator! Thanks for posting those pictures, that would be cool if it turned up at some point, but I guess given the situation it's almost certainly scrapped.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

FEP Member

Well, I have news on the '84 Dominator...

I had someone run a carfax, and it says that someone was able to issue a duplicate title!!

I still have my title, on my desk right now, and the carfax said that someone was able to issue a duplicate for it. I never signed or consented anything to that. So, I went to the DMV and got some forms to send in. I will be able to pay $10 and get the vehicle history on it, and be able to track down the car and where it is now.

So, there we have it. I have never done anything about this until now because it was like my own little punishment to myself for letting someone screw me over.

I'd like to get the car back.

Ax
    Looking for a thrill
    '79 Fairmont Wagon
    '80 Fairmont Wagon

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post

I had someone run a carfax, and it says that someone was able to issue a duplicate title!!

I still have my title, on my desk right now, and the carfax said that someone was able to issue a duplicate for it. I never signed or consented anything to that. So, I went to the DMV and got some forms to send in. I will be able to pay $10 and get the vehicle history on it, and be able to track down the car and where it is now.

So, there we have it. I have never done anything about this until now because it was like my own little punishment to myself for letting someone screw me over.

Ax
    I'm very interested to hear how this comes out, keep us posted. I'd like to see a car like this in responsible hands.
    Former Foxes:
    1983 Fairmont Futura 4dr
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 4 speed
    1985 Mustang GT
    1985 GT - 357w, T5, 8.8 w/ 4.10's.
    Best ET 13.5639, Best Mph 102.39
    1988 LX 5.0 AOD notch, bone stock no options except A/C
    1980 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, 50k mile survivor.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe....ratty but fun.
    1992 Mustang GT convertible 85k from original owner

Good luck with getting it back! That would be great news. I can see this getting pretty sticky though, I bet those people forged the sheet to get a copy of the title and transfer it, they would have had to if you never signed it. Keep us posted...
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

FEP Power Member ScreeminChikin's Avatar

Ax
    Definately keep us posted on this one Alex. I would think you would have a good case since all documents would have to have been forged but I would bet there are probably statuts of limitation in play as well as probably costing more in legal fees to persue than what the car is probably worth at this point. I say that because I bet it would be treated as a civil suit rather than a criminal matter. I could very well be and hope I am wrong though. Best of luck with it man.
    '90 LX Sport 5.0\T5
    '90 GT 331\T5
    '90 Notchback 5.3LS\S480 Turbo\TH400

Wow Good news Alex! Hope everything works out for you! As said above keep us posted!
    Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Ax
    Wow good news man. Hey you could just take it.....right . I mean technically its not theirs so you can't steal something thats yours right . Definatley keep us posted.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Any news on the '84 Dominator?
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black

FEP Member

No, no news. I have been very busy lately with tons of things. I need to send in that paperwork and get the vehicle history on it.

Whomever owns it now probably doesn't know anything about this. Since it has a duplicate title and then another one issued after, I'm not really sure how far I want to go with it right now. I have tons of things going on....

Ax
    Looking for a thrill
    '79 Fairmont Wagon
    '80 Fairmont Wagon

hey i hope you get that 84 dominator back.
    84 gt
    84 dominator t-top
    86 notch
    86 svo
    68 shelby gt500kr
    00 f150

Alex
    If you decide not to pursue it. Please let me know the information. As I would like to track down the current owner either way. Because I want every Dominator in my Registry.

Steve
    Steve
    Previously owned:

I truly hope you get your car back. This person needs to go to the cell for what they did to you. It was wrong and they know they ran a scam. Thats why no one trusts anyone now days because of people like that screw over others. What a shame and I hope the car is the same way you sold it. But I got a feeling the changed alot over like painting it another color and possibly getting rid of the clip to a different one to hide the car. Also who knows the car can still be in the area or God knows where it went. But either way, I hope that you find it soon. Put a foot to the pedal to the metal before this person does something to it and you will really kick yourself for the rest of your life for not trying to get this con. If you get your car back track that loser that did this to you and file theft charges and forgery. People need to stop this stuff because its getting way out of hand.
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

U should go after it, Many people have gotten there cars back after they where stolen and sold multiple times.

86 50CPRI

I remember reading about a guy in Cali(i think) that recieved an OLD Corvette or Thunderbird that had been stolen from him like 25 or 30 years prior,it somehow had a new title issued and had passed hands a couple of times as well.

+1 I agree with these guys Alex. If it was your car and you didn't get paid for it. You should be going after it.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    I remember reading about a guy in Cali(i think) that recieved an OLD Corvette or Thunderbird that had been stolen from him like 25 or 30 years prior,it somehow had a new title issued and had passed hands a couple of times as well.
    Right, but there was a report on file. If there is no report on file in this situation, there is not much that can be done unfortunately.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

I can not Believe I missed this post what a Car. Nice work on the resto.

I hope you find that car. Pegasus.
    Current ponys:
    1982 GT T-Top (Silver/Red), needs motor/trans and lots of TLC.
    1985 GT Vert (Blue/grey), saved from scrap yard needs a lot.
    1987 GT T-Top (Yellow/Grey)
    Previous heard:
    1987 GT (Red/Red), 1984 G.T. 350 T-Top, 1986 LX Wht/Grey Coupe

FEP Power Member

Here in NC, it is pain selling autos on Sunday as you need a notary to stamp your signature on a NC title, but you can see why they do it. I sold my motorcycle a few sundays ago and forgot I needed a notary. Luckily - one of my neighbors has his notary license.

I thought having a notary was uncalled for, but now I see a use for it during this thread. In NC, it also takes a couple of weeks for the title to get mailed to you as well. That kinda acts like a checking method that it has to be mailed to a particular place.

In Va - you just go to the DMV and don't need a notary and get a printed title right there at DMV. No real checking. As strict as the 'bible state' is, I am shocked Va hasn't changed....

Check to see if the title had to be mailed to an address. Also - hopefully there is a legit address associated with the id that they showed DMV to obtain a title. Hope you get your car back....

Jason
    Last edited by 85mcLaren; 09-07-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Nice ride now I know what the Dominator is. lol
    So the difference between the Dominator and the Predator were dealer vs Tom Soloman modding the cars?

There were many differences in what they did to the cars. Predators could be had at many dealerships throughout the Midwest. Where the Dominator could only be found at Summit Ford in Lee's Summit Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by xciigtwhipple View Post
    Nice ride now I know what the Dominator is. lol
    So the difference between the Dominator and the Predator were dealer vs Tom Soloman modding the cars?
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast