83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    I see that there are a lot of questions and I will try to answer them all.
    The plan was to stop the "tracking" of the donations at $7k. At that time the person who gets the car will be determined. That will happen by a group live on Facebook. every person who donates will have a shot at getting the car "gifted" to them. You have a shot for every $20 you give. That being said...you can continue to donate after that if you wish, but the chance of getting the car will close at the $7k mark. I will post on here as soon as that amount has been met.

Bryan this is not an "AUCTION" . And also please know that based legal terms, this is not being considered a "raffle". If we were to hold a "raffle" we would need to set up a charitable organization or go through a long process to get it approved. WE ARE SIMPLY HELPING OUT A FRIEND IN NEED. And that friend just happens to be giving a car away. I can assure you this is being done fairly.

This is certainly not directed towards anyone specifically but I feel the need to say this one time:

I am not looking for any praise for doing this. I have never gotten involved in something like this before. I was just touched by Travis story. I thought as a group we could help her. (strength in numbers) I have put a lot more effort and time into this than I originally expected. I can not begin to explain how much time I have invested between talking to the Attorney Generals office and other governing agencies down there. Not to mention the hours of communicating with Travis' wife and a couple other guys from SEFB. This has also been very tough on Shannon. Every time we speak I can sense the heartache and also the fear she has about her situation. So I think we need to keep this positive however this needs to be said. If you are concerned with the legitimacy of this or the fairness then do not donate or get involved. If you are going to complain that the car is not a 100 point show car, or that the gas tank was low on fuel then do not get involved. I really do not want to sound like a dick here but it needed to be addressed one time. I have been open to suggestions since this talk started. I have received very little to no help in setting this up and did the best I could. I am certain that there are things that could have been done differently. It is now in motion. Like most of you I am also very busy with out this added responsibility. As you read through the thread people have been nothing but happy to donate. Please keep it positive! I understand that some of you may have questions. if you have a question that does not need to be public or tie up space on the thread then PM me or give me a call. my cell # is 508.813.3932
    Thank
    Harry
    Well said sir and thank you for everything you have done for this. I know Shannon appreciates this and everything that has been done by the guys from SEFB. We are all one big family and Travis was the biggest hearted person I have come to know in some time. She literally lost everything with his passing, and I'm not talking about material things. He was her love, life, foundation and support through the good and bad. She is in an unfamiliar world and even then, she has never asked for help, bestowed her problems on the world and has done her best to keep her head up. I salute her toughness with what she has been dealt.

I'm happy to be a part of this group and also a part of the cause to try and help Shannon get back onto her feet and take a little worry off of her plate. I personally don't care much about the chances of winning the car, I'm just happy this makes helping a good person out easier and quicker. Thank you again Harry for the work you and the other group have done here.

Brock
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Donation sent.
    Rob

Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Well said sir and thank you for everything you have done for this. I know Shannon appreciates this and everything that has been done by the guys from SEFB. We are all one big family and Travis was the biggest hearted person I have come to know in some time. She literally lost everything with his passing, and I'm not talking about material things. He was her love, life, foundation and support through the good and bad. She is in an unfamiliar world and even then, she has never asked for help, bestowed her problems on the world and has done her best to keep her head up. I salute her toughness with what she has been dealt.

I'm happy to be a part of this group and also a part of the cause to try and help Shannon get back onto her feet and take a little worry off of her plate. I personally don't care much about the chances of winning the car, I'm just happy this makes helping a good person out easier and quicker. Thank you again Harry for the work you and the other group have done here.

Brock
    Could not agree more!

Donation sent.
    Can someone please add me to the Facebook group?
    Name is Jeremy Stillson

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by hcmclean View Post
    Could not agree more!

Sent in donation. Thanks for your hard work Harry, appreciate all of your efforts.

Wrong Harry..

The plan was to stop the "tracking" of the donations at $7k. At that time the person who gets the car will be determined. That will happen by a group live on Facebook. every person who donates will have a shot at getting the car "gifted" to them. You have a shot for every $20 you give. That being said...you can continue to donate after that if you wish, but the chance of getting the car will close at the $7k mark. I will post on here as soon as that amount has been met.

Bryan this is not an "AUCTION" . And also please know that based legal terms, this is not being considered a "raffle". If we were to hold a "raffle" we would need to set up a charitable organization or go through a long process to get it approved. WE ARE SIMPLY HELPING OUT A FRIEND IN NEED. And that friend just happens to be giving a car away. I can assure you this is being done fairly.

This is certainly not directed towards anyone specifically but I feel the need to say this one time:

I am not looking for any praise for doing this. I have never gotten involved in something like this before. I was just touched by Travis story. I thought as a group we could help her. (strength in numbers) I have put a lot more effort and time into this than I originally expected. I can not begin to explain how much time I have invested between talking to the Attorney Generals office and other governing agencies down there. Not to mention the hours of communicating with Travis' wife and a couple other guys from SEFB. This has also been very tough on Shannon. Every time we speak I can sense the heartache and also the fear she has about her situation. So I think we need to keep this positive however this needs to be said. If you are concerned with the legitimacy of this or the fairness then do not donate or get involved. If you are going to complain that the car is not a 100 point show car, or that the gas tank was low on fuel then do not get involved. I really do not want to sound like a dick here but it needed to be addressed one time. I have been open to suggestions since this talk started. I have received very little to no help in setting this up and did the best I could. I am certain that there are things that could have been done differently. It is now in motion. Like most of you I am also very busy with out this added responsibility. As you read through the thread people have been nothing but happy to donate. Please keep it positive! I understand that some of you may have questions. if you have a question that does not need to be public or tie up space on the thread then PM me or give me a call. my cell # is 508.813.3932
    Thank
    Harry
    Sorry bro, this is the HARRY I was referring to.

Thanks.

DONTATION SENT!!

I am so glad that we are able to come together for this and make something happen.

Donation Update...if you must send a check instead of PAYPAL send it to:

Shannon Trogdon
    501 East Liberty Street
    China Grove NC 28023

If you send a check please PM me sop that I can be sure it gets to her. With PAYPAL you get an instant receipt, but if a check gets lost in the mail we will never know unless I check against the list of donations she receives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Can someone please add me to the Facebook group?
    Read the description of FB groups. What you need to do to get added is in the description.

Donation sent.
    As Hannibal Smith would say" I like it when a plan comes together."
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

A-team (FEP) donate for a good cause.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Donation sent

FEP Supporter

Donation sent.

BTW I don't do FB so if anyone needs to contact me, please PM me here or call the number listed in the comments section of the PP donation.
    '85 GT

Donation sent.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

You're a very giving individual.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 02-03-2017 at 05:00 PM. Reason: computer froze

I have no access to anything but just a casual search I would say we are already over $600 or so. I sent more than $20 and I suspect many others did as well so we may be approaching 10% of the goal.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    I have no access to anything but just a casual search I would say we are already over $600 or so. I sent more than $20 and I suspect many others did as well so we may be approaching 10% of the goal.
    I will check with Shannon and get an update. I believe we are well north of $600 but lets not get too excited. We have a ways to go!!!!

Thanks everybody we are definitely off to a good start. This has to feel good to everyone. I have been involved with cars and car clubs my whole life and I have always known that this hobby/passion brings together some really great people. The few guys I have met in person from this site have been great folks and now once we do this for Travis and his wife we should all feel pretty good about ourselves. And although I am not usually a spiritual or religious guy..... I am sure that Travis appreciates this too.

Keep up the good work and spread the word. I will keep you updated as I get information from Shannon.

Can I still get in on this?
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1986gt View Post
    Yes, I recommend you see post #85 and #100 on page 4 before you do. It has all the details necessary.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1986gt View Post
    Yep!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Read the description of FB groups. What you need to do to get added is in the description.
    Was trying to avoid all those pm's. Oh well.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast