Close

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    New User

Thanks I just wanted to check.

Remember folks any Vert questions or how to's, post them up here.

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Years ago I saw a gt with a soft looking top. That similar material became popular on the newer camaros. Does anybody know if somebody makes a top like that for our cars? I looked through all the post in this one and saw one guy mentioned canvas top. Not sure if thats what Im thinking of our not? Also looking for recommendation for a shop in Michigan to replace a top.
    thanks

I know Robbins tops makes a cloth top for our cars. It depends on style, its 500-600 bucks. I have a friend who has an 86 with one on and it looks sharp. Here is a link:
    http://www.robbinsautotopco.com/index.php

--86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Anyone have a styling bar in their 4i vert? If so can you post some pics and tell me how hard was it to make it fit ? Did you use the stock 4i interior panels? Thanks!

--Bill

Does anyone know (other than from eBay) any websites which may sell the decklid luggage rack with third brake light? I havent seen these online anywhere.
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

I have one but I do not know if it is a 3rd eye unit
    83 Mustang GLX conv (in sonic blue)4.3/SC -coming soon! "Project Baby"
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Limousine, Crafted by American Custom Coach Works- "Project Bertha"

proud member:
    10 Hole Mafia
    Anti-cowl club
    Bent Six Bastards, lol

Default Convertible Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1986gt View Post
    Does anyone know (other than from eBay) any websites which may sell the decklid luggage rack with third brake light? I havent seen these online anywhere.
    Either post up a wanted ad on here or if your on Facebook, post a wanted ad on some of the 4i and fox body pages on there. It is common for guys to remove them ( I removed mine but gave it to someone else already) so they usually aren't hard to find. I also know that CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg Pa had a large Mustang salvage yard. And there are lots of guys advertising that they sell Mustang parts on Craigslist and Facebook.

--Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1986gt View Post
    CL has them but most times they are the whole lid and have bad paint or rust like this one.....but I bet the rack could be refurbed.
    http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/5767755491.html

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

[QUOTE=magnum517;1814492]Either post up a wanted ad on here or if your on Facebook, post a wanted ad on some of the 4i and fox body pages on there. It is common for guys to remove them ( I removed mine but gave it to someone else already) so they usually aren't hard to find. I also know that CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg Pa had a large Mustang salvage yard. And there are lots of guys advertising that they sell Mustang parts on Craigslist and Facebook

Sent from Mos Eisley using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I guess I have to figure out how important it is to have that piece. Honestly I don't mind the look without it, but there's a part of me who wants to bring it back to original condition as well
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

Matt, as discussed I have a nice one but just can't find the time to dig it out of the storage shed. I also like the look without it but you would probably like to have it just to have it and keep in storage, given it came from the factory that way. When I removed it, what I didn't like about it was the way it was attached, and the larger hole for the third brake light. All the luggage rack bars are attached via pop rivets and that just provides an easier way for water to wind up in the trunk IMHO.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Help with trunk liner hardware on 1986 GT convertible.

What type of hardware is used here in the picture to hold the trunk liner on and where can I find it? I called LMR and they said that the eight plastic rivets are the only hardware needed. The rivets are in place but there are two spots just under the weather stripping (one on either side) where some other type of hardware is needed. There is a small raised post that lines up with a hole in the liner.

Last edited by awakened; 09-16-2016 at 08:35 AM.

OK, I talked with a very helpful person at Fox Mustang Restoration and they said there are metal clips that were used here. He said that he does not carry them and that he hasn't even been able to find out what the Ford part number is. I will put a post in the parts classified section to see if anyone has any of these. If you are reading this here and have two you can part with please let me know.

Also, if you have been in this same situation and could not find these clips, let me know what your solution was.

Quote Originally Posted by awakened View Post
    OK, I talked with a very helpful person at Fox Mustang Restoration and they said there are metal clips that were used here. He said that he does not carry them and that he hasn't even been able to find out what the Ford part number is. I will put a post in the parts classified section to see if anyone has any of these. If you are reading this here and have two you can part with please let me know.

Also, if you have been in this same situation and could not find these clips, let me know what your solution was.

Llet us us know if you find out the name of the piece. I need one or two as well for my Vert.
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

You could try here as sometimes they get NOS parts no longer made.
    http://www.foxresto.com/category-s/2434.htm

I lost mine on the 88 and used a sheet metal screw and a washer.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    You could try here as sometimes they get NOS parts no longer made.
    http://www.foxresto.com/category-s/2434.htm

I lost mine on the 88 and used a sheet metal screw and a washer.
    That's the place that said they don't even know the part number of the OEM part. Ford doesn't list it. They said they get at least two calls a month but can't help. They suggested to look in junkyards or Mustang forums for used clips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Good luck finding those metal clips...one of mine is missing and I have been unable to find them.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Good luck finding those metal clips...one of mine is missing and I have been unable to find them.
    Can you take a picture of what they look like?

I too would enjoy seeing pictures of a styling bar in a four eyed. Really would like one that helps stiffen up the car, like roll bar safety with the styling bar look

Quote Originally Posted by 86foxvert View Post
    I too would enjoy seeing pictures of a styling bar in a four eyed. Really would like one that helps stiffen up the car, like roll bar safety with the styling bar look
    You mean like this or something more roll cagey?

Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Hope this helps. I'm not much of a photographer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    You mean like this or something more roll cagey?

Yes just like that! Any more pics of the interior where it is mounted. And what brand is it and how does it fit?

--Bill

If someone can snap a good close up pic of one, I can see if I can match something up at the shop I work for.

--Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jeff85 View Post
    This just popped up for me. That is a very bizarre looking clip. Honestly don't think I have ever seen anything like that.

--Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jeff85 View Post
    Not what I thought they looked like but I lost mine back in 2003....at least we know what to look for, thanks for the pic!

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast