Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Glad to hear he's back home. I'm sure he's glad too!
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    Great news. Your Dad sounds like a tough guy. Has a lot of fight in him.
    Air Force Colonel, Vietnam Vet, Fighter Pilot, 2 time cancer survivor . . . Yep General Bad Ass! Made for a tough love up-bringing, but made me the man I am today and thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by graphicdesigner80 View Post
    Glad to hear he's back home. I'm sure he's glad too!
    Yes! He is very happy to be home sitting in his chair in his living room, watching his TV.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

That is awesome news! I hope he's there for your mom and you for many more years.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Air Force Colonel, Vietnam Vet, Fighter Pilot, 2 time cancer survivor . . . Yep General Bad Ass! Made for a tough love up-bringing, but made me the man I am today and thankful for that.
    Glad to hear he's home and doing better.

I can relate. My Dad has been gone for many years but he was a World War II veteran, Army Air Force T/Sgt. (E-7), and when I was growing up I learned never to cross the fine line between "Dad" and "Sarge". Thanks to his loving discipline, I did all right getting a Mechanical Engineering degree and ultimately making light colonel.

Asking for thoughts and prayers again please. At this point it appears Dad will be readmitted to Seton Williamson County due to his T5 is out of place. This appears to be causing spinal erosion and has caused an infection with fluid on his spine. They did a CT this morning, they will most likely do a MRI this afternoon. The plan right now is to drain the fluid off his spine and try to address the infection. They are awaiting the CT scan to determine the next course of action and if they will have to perform surgery on his back. The pain meds are insufficient at this point and Dad is in agonizing pain due to the infection and the T5 being out. The first concern due to all of his health issues and recent hospital stays is the infection and getting that under control quickly and trying to alleviate the pain without over medicating him and essentially sedating him. Thanks once again for everything!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Wow, wow, wow, what a roller coaster you guys are on. Sorry to hear of the setback. I hope the doctors can alleviate his pain and bring him back to health. Thoughts and prayers to your Dad and family.

Still in our prayers. Think positive! I'm in remission from pancreatic cancer. Anything is possible if you believe.
    84 Cougar, 90 HO with 700DP, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1.7 RRs, shorty's and SS exh, T-5, KC clutch, Hurst pro billet, line loc, 8.8, 4.10s, suspension mods....blah, blah,blah.

71 Comet, 289, Liberty TL, 9", 6.00s, 11.9x @ 112.... blah, blah, blah.

Trey - I was so glad to read he was home and so sad when I saw he was having problems again. Thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad, and your family

Thanks guys! Latest update, Dad was admitted to the Big Seton Hospital in Austin not Seton Round Rock. He was admitted Friday evening. He was awake most of yesterday and very talkative, but was drugged up pretty well and wasn't making much sense. He also dealing with a swollen tongue for some reason which is causing him speak issues. Late last night they had to move him to IMC which is one step below ICU because of difficulty breathing. He is on 6L of O2 currently, but was able to sleep pretty well last night. This morning he is in a lot of pain and very sleepy. He is supposed to have a biopsy of his spine swelling/fluid this morning to try and get some answers there. At this point it is more hurry up and wait. My sister has been able to work with the hospital to go up and see him once a day at this point, but that is it and that was in the regular room. Not sure if that will continue in IMC, so we will have to wait for more information. Praying and hoping the next few days go well.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Sorry to hear about his setback. Hope they can get him feeling better and figure out what’s going on ASAP.

Happy Veterans Day to him and everyone else who served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 LX Coupe

No real updates to provide. Dad was supposed to have a biopsy of his T5 swelling on Sunday, but he couldn't keep his O2 content high enough laying on his stomach. They finally realized part of his breathing issue was fluid on his lungs. They removed 2 liters of fluid and are culturing that currently. They were able to do the biopsy on Monday, but we don't have any word back just yet as to the results. Dad also did dialysis on Monday, so by the end of the day he was heavily medicated and exhausted. Haven't been able to talk to him since Saturday. Hoping today's a better day.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I haven't posted much lately 'cause honestly I am sick of talking about it and dealing with it. I know that seems harsh, but I am emotionally spent just as my Dad, Mom, and sister are. Long story is Dad has yet to leave the hospital(s) he has been bounced around at least 4 times since my last post. He is back at Seton in downtown Austin. They did an MRI on Sunday to determine that the infection in his spine is still there and has eaten away at T4-6 and T9-11. Today they did spinal surgery on him to remove the debris from the infection, culture the infection to determine what antibiotics might kill it. They also fused his spine with plates, rods, and pins due to the damage, to hopefully prevent paralysis from the chest down. The surgery went as well as could be expected. Dad had trouble breathing and BP drops that prolonged the surgery and prevented them from doing all that they wanted/needed to do. He will remain in ICU tonight and hopefully be able to come out tomorrow. I am flying down in the morning in hopes of getting to visit with him a bit. Not sure if that will happen or not depending on his recovery. I will not have a laptop or computer access for rest of the week, so I will respond to anyone/anything when I return home Monday evening. Here's to hoping its a good, safe trip to visit with Dad.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Sorry to hear about the setbacks and everything that's gone with it. Hope he can get out of there soon.

Safe travels.

Just got back from Austin. I was not able to visit my Dad he is still in IMC (just less than ICU) after the surgery. They again can't get his pain under control. I did get to talk to him on the phone on Sunday night, but it was not a good conversation. He was hysterical and in terrible pain. Worst feeling I have ever had in my life. Nothing I could do to help him and he's there with no family to help him out. Prayer and thoughts are appreciated. I honestly don't know how much more my Dad can take. I truly doubt I could go through what he has and what he continues to deal with pain wise on a daily basis. Thanks!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Prayers sent he is in good car and company.. I wish him and your family comfort and wish him recovery at home as soon as possible.

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Care not car sorry

I am so sorry to hear this
    Hopefully things will turn for the better
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Supporter

Good wishes and thoughts for you and yours, Trey.
    '85 GT

Holy crap Trey.

I’m sorry to hear about all of the setbacks.

I will continue to pray for your dad as well as you and your family.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Thanks Brock!

I honestly quit updating the thread since the news was seldom good or even an improvement.

The good news finally after all this time is Dad is finally back home as of Saturday almost a week ago now. All said and done he was moved around to 5 different hospitals and 4 different long term care facilities.

He suffered the broken T5 from the car accident, that turned into 3 separate infections in his spinal column due to neglect. That ultimately required surgery to remove as much of the infection as possible after 2 months of antibiotics were not treating it. That ultimately showed the infection had eaten away at the spinal vertebrae so they had to surgically fuse and repair his spine in 3 locations. He can only bend from the hip from this point moving forward. The back injury and spinal issues and un-diagnosed infection cause his rehab to languish, so at this point his muscle have atrophied to the point that he is not able to walk or stand on his own and is bound to a wheel chair right now. He is doing physical therapy and hopefully that will get him strong enough and healthy enough to walk and be mobile on his own again. Oh they actually released him to go home two weeks ago after having to give him 2 units of blood, but didn't know where the blood loss was coming from. He was home for less than 18 hours and had to be rushed to the ER due to blood loss and loss of consciousness. Over the next two days he received 7 units of blood. They finally determined he had two ulcers that were bleeding internally. He had surgery to cauterize the ulcers and now gets another round of antibiotics. Needless to say the man is F'ing Iron Man. I honestly don't know how he survived everything nor actually had the will to live to even get through it. My mother and sister are essentially caring for him 24/7 at this time, but we are trying to get some additional in home care to help out and give them both some rest and breaks.

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers throughout this whole ordeal. I appreciate all the PM's, texts, and phone calls. Once again a great forum and great group of members and friends to lean on. Everyone take care and lets hope 2020 ends on a nice quiet note to bring in a much better 2021 for everyone.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Glad to hear he’s back home and on the road to recovery!
    86 LX Coupe

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Your father reminds me of my uncle's "tough-as-a-buzzard" brother in law. Raymond (think Keith Richards, except with a silver brush-cut) drank, smoke, and did just about everything you could think of within the law, was in-and-out of the hospital for years, but always found a way to bounce-back. I'm like "Raymond's going to outlive us all!" Don't worry Trey, he'll be fine.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 09-18-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: text added

Thanks guys! Truth is I have been less concerned with Dad making it through all of this and more concerned as of late about my mother. She was driving the car when the accident happened and it appears she was at fault. So she has been dealing with the guilt and remorse that everything Dad has been going through is her fault. Honestly I am not sure that if he had died, that she would be able to deal with it. The constant roller coaster and dealing with either incompetent or just plain heartless doctors throughout is so maddening and frustrating. Our health care system as a whole doesn't work well and that is for so many reasons and I don't see any answers or solid solutions being put forth by the people in charge. I am fearful that things will only get worse and not better. I don't want to get off on a political rant or anything, but between my experience with my Dad, my neighbor and her mother, and several clients from work, the experiences are all very similar with the same frustrations, lack of communication, lack of care, at times complete incompetence and pure negligence. I know most people in medic do care and are doing the best they can in the different situations and institutions and others are making so many of the choices we had to suffer with and deal with, but WOW at times it's hard not to completely lose it and want to rain down complete destruction on the whole industry.

I will get off my soap box now and again, say thanks for all the support and kind words. Dad is home and improving a little day by day. It will be a tough road and will not get fixed easily or quickly, but I know we will get there.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Thanks guys! Truth is I have been less concerned with Dad making it through all of this and more concerned as of late about my mother. She was driving the car when the accident happened and it appears she was at fault. So she has been dealing with the guilt and remorse that everything Dad has been going through is her fault. Honestly I am not sure that if he had died, that she would be able to deal with it. The constant roller coaster and dealing with either incompetent or just plain heartless doctors throughout is so maddening and frustrating. Our health care system as a whole doesn't work well and that is for so many reasons and I don't see any answers or solid solutions being put forth by the people in charge. I am fearful that things will only get worse and not better. I don't want to get off on a political rant or anything, but between my experience with my Dad, my neighbor and her mother, and several clients from work, the experiences are all very similar with the same frustrations, lack of communication, lack of care, at times complete incompetence and pure negligence. I know most people in medic do care and are doing the best they can in the different situations and institutions and others are making so many of the choices we had to suffer with and deal with, but WOW at times it's hard not to completely lose it and want to rain down complete destruction on the whole industry.

I will get off my soap box now and again, say thanks for all the support and kind words. Dad is home and improving a little day by day. It will be a tough road and will not get fixed easily or quickly, but I know we will get there.
    Couldn’t agree more, Trey. It’s really become so unbelievable. No accountability. Milk the insurance dry. Now your cured. Or if not, let’s try something else and milk it dry again. I compare it to ‘parts changers’ on cars. It’s a little different when you’re dealing with lives — at least you’d hope so.

Makes you wonder how some of them made it through medical school.
    86 LX Coupe

Additional thoughts and prayers headed your way my friend.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast