Close

Post dual snorkel air cleaner lines

I picked up a dual snorkel air cleaner from a 83 mustang and want to use it on my 79. Where do all these ports in the base attach? I've done some research but haven't found anything telling where everything goes. There are two plastic ports on the outside diameter of the cleaner base, one green and one brown. The green has two nipples, one nipple has a hose with a tee. One side of the tee goes to the cylinder looking thing on one of the spouts. The other side of the tee is broken and no hose, but I would guess its suppose to go to the other spout. The other hose on the green port goes to a port (brown metal) on the floor of the cleaner positioned near the carb. There is another nipple on that port but the hose doesn't go anywhere. The brown plastic port doesnt have anything connected to it, but also has two nipples like the green. Then there is also a port with some kind of filter attached to the inside of the air cleaner. Is this a pvc connection or what? Lol sorry for the long post. Any help?? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 79mustang; 11-23-2013 at 08:41 PM.

I use this picture

1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw
    1986 Mustang GT (parts car)
    1986 LX Coupe 4cyl, 4speed, LRB

ragtopjr

Thats a great diagram Tracer. Thanks!
    Where are you from in Canada?

Thanks for the diagram. Looks like mine has two cold weather modules. So would I just plug the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by ragtopjr View Post
    Thats a great diagram Tracer. Thanks!
    Where are you from in Canada?
    Southern Manitoba
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed LRB with Ford Racing M-6007-X302, Performer RPM, Holley 670 Avenger carb, BBK headers with H-pipe, B&M short throw

Quote Originally Posted by 79mustang View Post
    Thanks for the diagram. Looks like mine has two cold weather modules. So would I just plug the other one?
    Throw a pic up of your situation

I already did. Lol. Unless they're not showing up for some reason. I've got one pic in my first post. One in my second post and another in my third.

Quote Originally Posted by 79mustang View Post
    I already did. Lol. Unless they're not showing up for some reason. I've got one pic in my first post. One in my second post and another in my third.
    Haha...Ok got ya. Not sure what the other one is for. I dont believe I have one. Might be an 83 piece. Mine is 85.

The second CWM is for the air pump system, for models that don't have TAB and TAD solenoids.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Anyone have a similar diagram for an 82GT? There doesn't appear to be any unused ports on the intake; the set of hoses I picked up from a very far gone 82 GT don't seem to match with what's under my hood. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic82 View Post
    Anyone have a similar diagram for an 82GT? There doesn't appear to be any unused ports on the intake; the set of hoses I picked up from a very far gone 82 GT don't seem to match with what's under my hood. Thanks.
    I don't have one for an 82. I found that diagram on line and since I can not make heads or tails out of the diagram on the hood i needed to find a diagram I could read. It just happened to be the same year as my car.

That ^^^ diagram is certainly not the worst I've seen, but I don't really see where it's an easier read
    than the ones under the hoods of my '85s. And it has some… inaccuracies, the most glaring of which
    are the carburetor bowl vent solenoids labeled as canister purge solenoids (and the complete omission
    of the actual canister purge circuits).

Autozone has a bunch of vacuum diagrams available in their tech section, but finding the correct one
    can be a chore, and many are mislabeled. I think you also need to create a user id to see them.

For the most part, Ford did not create separate vacuum nipples for all the different things that run off
    manifold vacuum, but used tees and wyes in the hoses instead. The main exception is on the CFI cars,
    the MAP sensor gets it's own source. But generally, if something runs off manifold vacuum, one source
    is pretty much as good as another. Same for things that run off EGR vacuum, though most if not all of
    those will be on the downstream side of the EGR thermal vacuum switch.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune