Close

Default 1986 MERCURY CAPRI rs gt 5.0 H.O.

Selling my H.O. 5.0 5 speed 4 eyed flyer. Well the eagle has landed temporarily it is missing its original 5.0 and 5 speed. I was going to install a 514 BB or LS conversion but life has gotten in the way. Car has 78,000 miles on the clock and has many $$$ on performance upgrades. Koni shocks, big sway bars front and back, H-D springs, performance gear package,full length sub-frame connectors, body to chassis connectors, original 10 slot wheels, roll bar not cage, vintage Kenwood stereo still works good. Still retains all its pedal assy,wiring,computer etc. body and chassis are in very good no rust Arizona condition. Located in sunny Scottsdale AZ. Has clear title, ask any questions. Great solid performance-race car beginnings, needs restoration or strip it down for racing. 1200.00 661 670 9195

Can you send pics of the Capri?

Default Pics of Capri H,O, 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 2racersdad View Post
    Can you send pics of the Capri?
    Sure I can get pics of car. I am old school and need help with that hope to have some posted as soon as I can get a little help posting pictures. Thanks for the inquiries-

That car needs help, you sure 78,000 miles?? SVO Sail Panels and Seats.. I can use that car for parts for mine
    New Project..1986 Convertible Gt W 85,000 Og on OD
    1993 2.3 Calypso Turbo Coupe
    1986 Coupe with 347 C4 (Avatar Pic)Sold but missed

Quote Originally Posted by White86GtVert View Post
    That car needs help, you sure 78,000 miles?? SVO Sail Panels and Seats.. I can use that car for parts for mine
    YES it has 78k miles and was- is, a street sleeper and track sleeper. It would show up and put the spank down to most all street cars I am one for cars that have lots of performance but don't look the part, hearing comments from others about did you see how fast THAT car is makes my day. If someone has performance on there mind this one has many $$$ spent and could save them big. I would hate to part it out because it really is a special car. My bubble back four eyed flyer just needs a new home to give it some loving. open to offers performance trades, thanks for the interest!

Gotcha, roller like that I've bought for 4-500 dollars but it's a Capri, hard to find
    New Project..1986 Convertible Gt W 85,000 Og on OD
    1993 2.3 Calypso Turbo Coupe
    1986 Coupe with 347 C4 (Avatar Pic)Sold but missed

Quote Originally Posted by White86GtVert View Post
    Gotcha, roller like that I've bought for 4-500 dollars but it's a Capri, hard to find
    Well since I am the new guy on the block here I will keep it civil, After building, racing,restoring, Ford vehicles for the past 45 years my pricing on things are pretty close in most cases. YOU will not find a 400.00 performance car maybe a junker, and not a Capri with the upgrades that this car has, If your not interested why get in the mix!

After 31 years a car with 10k miles would look like that if its been outside. And $1200 for a roller rust free roller capri seems like a decent deal although the front bumper cover is going to be a bitch to find lol. If I had room for another capri i'd take i in a heartbeat, good luck with the sale

Quote Originally Posted by 86AscMclaren View Post
    After 31 years a car with 10k miles would look like that if its been outside. And $1200 for a roller rust free roller capri seems like a decent deal although the front bumper cover is going to be a bitch to find lol. If I had room for another capri i'd take i in a heartbeat, good luck with the sale
    Thanks for the well wishes- It seems the young men that owned my car before me had similar thoughts as my self they were interested in going fast both in a straight line as well as carving the canyon roads. They saved their money on making it look pretty and went for the performance items instead. It is a pretty rare car if you like them or not the H.O. 5.0 5 speed Capris are just cool. At shows all over the country, the Capris draw the crowds because they are just a little different from the same old, same old. I'm really surprised about the animosity between the Mustang crowd and the rest of the group. They are all cool cars in their own way!

Lets try a price drop to 1000.00 Any takers let me know. Thanks in advance-

Craigslist ad:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6063733157.html

looks like $750 gets it now..
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

I guess $750 was the magic number the ad has been deleted by author.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Quote Originally Posted by BLK BRD 88 View Post
    I guess $750 was the magic number the ad has been deleted by author.
    Ron
    Thanks for the interest, but since I an not in a race to the bottom price wise 1000.00 is the bottom. If someone is looking for a 4-500 Junker a Yugo my be had for that price. This car has had thousands spent on upgrades Shocks,springs,sway bars chassis work,roll bar , stereo, dry solid west coast car. Not interested in being flamed by people who don't have 2 nickel's to rub together just interested in promoting these great cars and finding a great home for it. I also have a few engine related parts as well thanks again!

I wasn't trying to cut off your short feathers!
    I simply saw that the ad was deleted & assumed that it had sold for what Flyin'Montdude said.
    Don''t get all ruffled at a fellow Arizonan for nothing!
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

You may get more bites if you include pictures of some of the upgrades you are stating the car has received. All we know is what we can see, and what we can see is a beat up looking car missing a bumper. That's not to say anything negative about the car, but even as you admitted - it doesn't look like much.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by BTD View Post
    You may get more bites if you include pictures of some of the upgrades you are stating the car has received. All we know is what we can see, and what we can see is a beat up looking car missing a bumper. That's not to say anything negative about the car, but even as you admitted - it doesn't look like much.
    Thanks for the Interest in the car and though it felt like my long flight feathers had been clipped by a few nay Sayers, this ultimately is not about personal feelings but the promotion of these cars. Over the the last few years there has been an uptick in interest and pricing on these cars. If everyone believes these cars are all in a race to the bottom price wise a true second generation of collectible muscle cars will never happen. Funny thing is everyone wants them to be special but don't promote them to be special. What I see here is that all these cars fall into a range that I spend more for on a mountain bike, sad really. I don't have the ability to take good pictures but for those that might be interested I could get some one to help me out. Onward and upward for the FOUR EYES.

Dry solid no rust race car project. For those tired of dealing with rusty crusty mess this is as solid as they come. Go fast on the cheap- No trades Thanks!

Bump for a real solid west coast hot rod-

Quote Originally Posted by 427heaven View Post
    Bump for a real solid west coast hot rod-
    Im looking for this exact type car, but with paint amd bumpers...
    86 GT w/ Twin Precision 72 MMs on a built 408.
    Gunning for 1400 rear wheel ponies.