Close

Default 85 Capri RS Build

Technically the build will start in November. But I think it will be fittName:  IMG_2451.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  468.1 KBName:  IMG_2420.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  216.5 KBName:  IMG_2409.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  186.1 KBName:  IMG_2379.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  182.8 KBName:  IMG_2377.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  174.2 KBName:  IMG_2451.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  468.1 KBName:  IMG_2420.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  216.5 KBName:  IMG_2409.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  186.1 KBName:  IMG_2379.jpg
Size:  182.8 KBName:  IMG_2377.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  174.2 KBing to start at the beginning!

Sorry guys I somehow did doubles! Im looking forward to this build. Ive wanted a Capri for years.
    Sean

FEP Member

Good luck with rebuild and have fun doing it!

Thanks! Im looking forward to it! The Lil Capri fits in with my SN 95!

My Black Things

Name:  Capri sn952.jpg
Size:  244.1 KB

Name:  Capri sn95 flip.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  274.3 KB
    Last edited by wraithracing; 08-22-2019 at 08:36 AM.

If someone can flip the last pic?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by machinedoc View Post
    If someone can flip the last pic?
    Thanks!
    I tried fixing the photo. For some reason no matter how I flip it or save it, it will not post correctly. I may try again later.

Nice Capri good luck with the rebuild.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Love that '85 Capri and best of luck with your plans for a rebuild etc! Even more so that it's a pretty rare T-Top (technically called a T-Roof) car!

Watch those T-Top + Door seals - if they're old they'll almost certainly be leaking and quickly ruin the car from the inside out

I own a pair of 1985 Capri T-Roof cars myself so absolutely love to see someone planning to save one!

Nice project. I love the hood scoop on any year Capri.

What's next?
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I tried fixing the photo. For some reason no matter how I flip it or save it, it will not post correctly. I may try again later.

Nice Capri good luck with the rebuild.
    Thanks! I have been following your builds.

Quote Originally Posted by MERCURY MOTORSPORT View Post
    Love that '85 Capri and best of luck with your plans for a rebuild etc! Even more so that it's a pretty rare T-Top (technically called a T-Roof) car!

Watch those T-Top + Door seals - if they're old they'll almost certainly be leaking and quickly ruin the car from the inside out

I own a pair of 1985 Capri T-Roof cars myself so absolutely love to see someone planning to save one!
    Thanks for the heads up on the seals. They are original, still pretty soft.

I purchased the car from a 70yr old couple. Its never had a repaint but they stored it on grass. The driver floor needs replacement.

Its funny how you change thoughts on body styles. When these came out in the 80s...… I was not a fan of them! Now that I am older, I just love the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by ccurtin View Post
    Nice project. I love the hood scoop on any year Capri.

What's next?
    I love the Hood scoop too! It gives the front end a tough look!

Next for the car...… I have removed the interior and have cleaned it. The CFI was not running very well. As I was following vacuum line , found the Throttle pot(VO something) completely unplugged at the relay on the frame. Once connected... I could adjust the curb idle. Also had to adjust the fast idle. Now it runs very well.

I have been collecting parts for the winters build. 8.8, shorty headers, true dual exhaust, double hump crossmember.

The goal is to have the car looking like it did in 85, except I will be polishing the 10 holes.

Can't wait to see how this beauty comes along. Not many of these cars left at all - and even fewer T-Roof survivors - a real rare sight indeed and am very happy you're saving it for sure

Hey if you're going to replace those floorpans - are you going to add that SSP floorpan reinforcement you were talking about in the other thread? Might be a worthwhile improvement (do you still have any of those pieces left ?)

Can't wait to see how this beauty comes along. Not many of these cars left at all - and even fewer T-Roof survivors - a real rare sight indeed and am very happy you're saving it for sure

Hey if you're going to replace those floorpans - are you going to add that SSP floorpan reinforcement you were talking about in the other thread? Might be a worthwhile improvement (do you still have any of those pieces left ?)
    So true about a rare sight!
    The plan is to add the reinforcement.(these are being purchased, I do not have) I also have full length MM Sub frame connectors that will be going in.
    I have also just picked an 8.8 and Magnaflow catback, 85 Shorty manifolds(4v), Bilsteins.

Can't wait to see the car progress and it looks just like one of mine (black w/grey base & T-Tops). I'm definitely interested (and curious) about that floorpan seat reinforcement too.

Hey - can I ask, exactly which Bilsteins did you order? Fronts & backs both? I sort of favor Bilstein shocks/struts because they were officially used in Capri racing cars in the mid-80's and I'd prefer them over Motorcraft (I'll only use Bilstein or Motorcraft).

Can't wait to see the car progress and it looks just like one of mine (black w/grey base & T-Tops). I'm definitely interested (and curious) about that floorpan seat reinforcement too.

Hey - can I ask, exactly which Bilsteins did you order? Fronts & backs both? I sort of favor Bilstein shocks/struts because they were officially used in Capri racing cars in the mid-80's and I'd prefer them over Motorcraft (I'll only use Bilstein or Motorcraft).
    Sorry that I did not answer you sooner. Been in Calgary for work.
    I have always used Bilsteins , Got hooked when I first went for a ride in a 03 Cobra. Also, I only use MM products or Motorcraft. MMs suspensions are largely based on The Bilstein product. Will have a look at the part numbers. I have 2 sets, one coil over set which is going in my 97 and one standard set , which is going in the Capri.

Will be updating some pics in the next few days. I have picked up quite a few parts to the puzzle to complete my interior. As it stands now, only need a t roof headliner.
    Thanks for asking about the progress.

Have came into quite a few parts lately. Big shout out to boomer85 and tulsatwister. They have a helped in my parts finding. Now some pics!Name:  IMG_2633.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  205.9 KBName:  IMG_2637.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  172.8 KBName:  IMG_2638.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  168.6 KBName:  IMG_2639.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  164.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey............ that SN95 is nice enough that we'd almost feel upset about using it for parts. ALMOST.

Joking for sure.

Good luck getting everything on your 85 patched up.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Hey............ that SN95 is nice enough that we'd almost feel upset about using it for parts. ALMOST.

Joking for sure.

Good luck getting everything on your 85 patched up.
    Thanks!
    My SN or Jelly Bean will be donating some of its intended parts, for this build.

FEP Power Member

Good to see you're getting all these parts ready. Love the chrome door bezels. Car will look awesome! Can't wait to see it in the spring...Cheers!
    Last edited by Boomer85gt; 10-08-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Hope all is well and can't wait to see how she's coming along! I can tell already this car is going to be really nice

FEP Senior Member

I sold mine a few years ago. I really miss it. I added the McLaren rear spoiler and it completely changed the look of the car.

Hope all is well and can't wait to see how she's coming along! I can tell already this car is going to be really nice
    Thanks for asking? I have moved the car from home to my shop! I have been working on a beautiful 84 GT at the shop. My friend will be picking up the 84 this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cougman67 View Post
    I sold mine a few years ago. I really miss it. I added the McLaren rear spoiler and it completely changed the look of the car.
    Would love one of those Tails? I have been keeping my eye open for one!
    This little car is really growing on me!