Close

Thread: Coil mounting

Default Coil mounting

How does everyone mount their coil bracket in carbed sbf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony

I mounted mine to the intake manifold, driver side, front. It would probably depend on what manifold, mine has a threaded boss in that spot.Name:  P1370410.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  224.1 KB

In the stock location on the passenger side of the intake manifold...my Ford Racing intake manifold had a place for it there...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

The early 4 cyl cars mounted it on the drivers shock tower. Only works if not running a dual snorkel air cleaner.

Name:  IMG_7124.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  214.3 KB

Functionality? Mount it on the shock tower like shown above. Stock they sat on the intake manifold.

The heat soak on the intake and are subjected to a lot of vibration. They live longer and supposedly work better longer on the body, not on the engine.

Kenny

Mine is on the firewall.

Mine has been a few places over the years. After installing a carburetor with dual fuel feed inlets, the coil move from the intake to the fender apron. Then a recent re-fit of my dual snorkel air cleaner prompted another relocation to above the power steering pump.

Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Quote Originally Posted by 85MUSTANGTGT View Post
    Mine has been a few places over the years. After installing a carburetor with dual fuel feed inlets, the coil move from the intake to the fender apron. Then a recent re-fit of my dual snorkel air cleaner prompted another relocation to above the power steering pump.

I also mounted mine just above the power steering pump when I installed my Summit carb (because of the dual feed lines).
    '85 Mustang convertible GT, 5 speed, 4V
    Stock bottom end, Comp Cams XE264HR-14, GT-40P heads w/ Alex's springs, Weiand 8124 Street Warrior,
    Summit Racing 600CFM carb, 8.8 Turbo Coupe rear end w/ 3.55 gears, '94/'95 Cobra brakes, '85 Town Car M/C, '93 Cobra booster, MM Panhard Bar, MM Strut Tower Brace, MM 4 point K-member Brace

'68 Mercury Cougar, w/ '88 5.0L, 4V
    My photo website:
    http://www.twilightphoto.com/

Where God intended Pass side under the stock air cleaner on the manifold. Why anywhere else? Its a Ford 302 coil this is not time for Where's Waldo.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Functionality? Mount it on the shock tower like shown above. Stock they sat on the intake manifold.

The heat soak on the intake and are subjected to a lot of vibration. They live longer and supposedly work better longer on the body, not on the engine.

Kenny
    This is what I think and did also.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0