Close

Default 83 NCSHP SSP pics

Seems this SSP section doesn't get too much activity. So I'll liven it up with a new thread. Here are some pics of my 83 NCSHP SSP taken over it's lifetime. It's certainly had an interesting life over the years. Going from high speed chases to newlyweds hauler. Then to full time drag racer to sitting in a trailer park for several years rotting away. It's currently resting comfortably in my shop under going a much deserved resto. I'm in the process of collecting the correct parts and getting as much info on it's service as possible. Enjoy the pics, feel free to ask some questions.

1983-1985 In service pic from the Trooper. It tangled with an F150 during a chase.

1989 Fresh coat of Nuclear Yellow and tacky hubcap treatment.

1990 Sitting in "new" Lowes parking lot in Wilksboro, NC. Folks there called it the "chicken coupe". Don't ask.

1991 A trip to Pawleys Island, SC. Note I repainted hubcaps. Future wife wouldn't ride in it until with the yellow treatment was gone.

1992 Wedding day!! Damn I had hair then. Note trash bag on antenna. That was a stupid idea once it caught wind at 80 mph. And yes, we're still married!

1998 Sadly my new wife talked me into trading the Mustang for a new Ranger. After about a month I was sick, I missed my Mustang. So I tracked it down and found it at the drag strip. Hard to miss it.

2007 I found it again!! This time it was sitting in a trailer park, rotting for 3 years. It was covered in leaves and other debris. Luckily for me the current owner needed some cash, so we agreed on a price and I hauled my first Mustang home.

2009 This is how it's sitting now. All that's left of it's racing career is the roll cage. I've cut to carefully cut it out and then begin the resto.
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5

wow, thats a very interesting story. I would of left it as the way you found it with the racing bars and all. that has a bit of the history as well as it has changed thru hands and over time. now its back with you the rightful owner. what a beautiful car though. I have a HUGE QUESTION. I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO ASK BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL ASK YOU. WHY DID THEY CALL IT THE CHICKEN COUPE?
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

I also love that capri that was in that picture of your car in the back ground
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squirrel View Post
    I also love that capri that was in that picture of your car in the back ground
    Man that thing would fly!!! I remember it vividly, looked stock until it kicked your butt!
    79 Capri RS 5.0/AOD | 82 CHP SSP #0513 5.0/SROD | 82 Capri Tu-Tone 4.2/C5 | 83 NCSHP SSP 5.0/SROD
    84 FHP SSP 5.0/T5 | 84 LTD Wagon 3.8/AOD | 85 LTD LX 5.0/AOD | 88 GT 5.0 Turbo/T5

wow, that car wasn't playing around when it once was out there. do you know what happened to that capri because that would be sweet to see once again.
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Squirrel View Post
    wow, thats a very interesting story. I would of left it as the way you found it with the racing bars and all. that has a bit of the history as well as it has changed thru hands and over time. now its back with you the rightful owner. what a beautiful car though. I have a HUGE QUESTION. I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO ASK BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL ASK YOU. WHY DID THEY CALL IT THE CHICKEN COUPE?
    LOL! I knew somebody would ask. I'm going to offend the town of Wilkesboro.

It was the home of then Holly Farms Chicken. There were chicken farms everywhere, and man did they stink on a hot summers day after a nice rain. Anyways there would always be big chicken haulers on the highways and of course I would get stuck behind one on the 2 lane roads where I couldn't pass, so I would have to follow them for miles. When I got to my destinations I would pop open the air cleaner lid and it would be filled with chicken feathers. My so called friends got a kick out of that and decided to label my "chick yellow" Mustang the Chicken Coupe.

thats fuuunny. but not as bad as my friend who had a yellow coupe as well and the guy was 7 foot even. we would call him big bird and the yellow bird coupe. I still don't know how he would get into that car but he would manage to. Till this day we asked him how he got in there and he would say just like anyone else would. Just vision that for a while. A 7 foot guy getting into a yellow mustang coupe going down the road.
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

Glad to see some pics of it man. It's gone along way since them first pics. Great story!
    80 Capri RS turbo(svo in capri clothing)
    86 SVO
    "Doh, Why do my actions have consequences?"

Ahhh yeah Wilksboro, I use to haul tractors to those stinking farms a lot when I worked for John Deere, and yes they smell gag-a-licious!

If you do not butcher that roll-cage up to much someone might be willing to take it off your hands

FEP Member

Great history with your car. Thanks for sharing, along with the pics. Good luck with the resto!
    Bill Jr.