Close

Thread: Dominator?

Default Dominator?

Sorry guys, can some one give me a quick run down on what a Dominator is?? I know its a limited production vehicle, but could some one give me a short description of what it entails and how they were ordered? Up til this site I never knew they even existed,honestly!! THANKS!!
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Dominators were sold from 1982 to 1990 by Summit Ford in Lee's Summit Missouri. They offered three stages. I will quote an article from a 1984 Magazine on what they offered.

To quote Mark Spence from an 1984 XXXXXXX Magazine article entitled "the dominator!"

Edit: Actually from September 1984 "The Ford Enthusiast" Magazine Published by the Performance Ford Club of America.

"The Dominator is available in three different packages-ranging from
    225 horsepower to over 400 horsepower. Dominator package I being slightly
    warmed up from stock with a set of tuned Hooker Headers and a ram air set up
    adding about 20 horsepower of the stock GT. Dominator II is a little more
    for your money with modifications to engine
    to push horsepower over 300.
    For the all out version, Dominator III, you get a balanced and blueprinted,
    roller cammed 302."

Most sold after 1984 were just Stage I's because the Dealer got in trouble with the Feds for removing emission equipment. Had to recall several cars.

I run a registry for the Dominators, so if you come across one! Let me know! Going to have reunion for them at Fordfest in Kansas City next month.
    Last edited by bluesfannoz; 01-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Here are Member 02Z06's Awesome 1985 & 1986 Dominators.. I drool looking at them..

Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Cool, thanks sooo much!! More just for my own knowledge, major motorhead and love to learn about new cars I've never heard about or seen before. Again THNK YOU!
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill