Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hope to see this car in person one day.
    1997 Pacific Green Cobra #5538
    1979 Mustang Pace Car
    1980 Cobra (undergoing 2V resto mod)
    1982 GT (undergoing an EFI conversion)
    1986 Omni GLHS #415
    1984 SVO
    1979 Cobra (Jade Green 2.3T awaiting resto)

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksnake View Post
    Hope to see this car in person one day.
    More than welcome to see it anytime. I need to put tires on it and go through the suspension then I can join a meet.
    Ron Gibson

'84 GT Turbo - Under construction - Build Thread - Maximum Motorsports, Cobra R, Boport, Chuck W, Stinger, Turbo_Dad MegaSquirt
    '83 Thunderbird TC - Bone Stock

nice ride wouldnt take much to make it perfect

FEP Power Member ScreeminChikin's Avatar

I came scary close to buying this car. If Matt had put it up for sale a few days earlier, I can guarantee it would have been mine. Unfortunately we had just bought Hoopties Capri and could not make room in the garage for another car. I still almost bought it but just couldn't justify puting my 81 outside to clear space for it. I tried to talk the wife into replacing her 90 with it. That car and my 83 would make a nice his & hers pair but she wouldn't have it...oh well. I loved that car from the first time he showed it to me. You are lucky to have it, I'm jelous. I personally would fix what needs fixing and leave it alone. You just don't dont see those cars that original and that solid.

Now as for Matt. I have decided that guy has worse ADHD than I do and has a really bad habbit of not being able to keep hold of beautiful 4eyes.
    '90 LX Sport 5.0\T5
    '90 GT 331\T5
    '90 Notchback 5.3LS\S480 Turbo\TH400

FEP Senior Member

When I saw the car I told Matt I could not believe someone had not jumped on the car. I am shocked that with 97k on the odometer that it is as clean as it is, not to mention 25 years old.

My brother in law came by last night and said he could fix the majority of paint issues without a full paint job. He can't get to it till the 1st of Jan. I am going to do a little suspension and brake work, a LA3 and a little extra boost and enjoy the car.

I wont do anything that cant be un-done.
    Ron Gibson

'84 GT Turbo - Under construction - Build Thread - Maximum Motorsports, Cobra R, Boport, Chuck W, Stinger, Turbo_Dad MegaSquirt

FEP Power Member ScreeminChikin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psrumors View Post
    When I saw the car I told Matt I could not believe someone had not jumped on the car. I am shocked that with 97k on the odometer that it is as clean as it is, not to mention 25 years old.

My brother in law came by last night and said he could fix the majority of paint issues without a full paint job. He can't get to it till the 1st of Jan. I am going to do a little suspension and brake work, a LA3 and a little extra boost and enjoy the car.

I wont do anything that cant be un-done.
    Be sure to keep us updated
    '90 LX Sport 5.0\T5
    '90 GT 331\T5
    '90 Notchback 5.3LS\S480 Turbo\TH400

Thanks for the correction I just took what I learn here and try to apply to everyday use, but I am going to put that one away to use another day. And yes I do like that car. Alot!
    Current ponys:
    1982 GT T-Top (Silver/Red), needs motor/trans and lots of TLC.
    1985 GT Vert (Blue/grey), saved from scrap yard needs a lot.
    1987 GT T-Top (Yellow/Grey)
    Previous heard:
    1987 GT (Red/Red), 1984 G.T. 350 T-Top, 1986 LX Wht/Grey Coupe

Welcome and I hate you. That car is so beautiful. Oh, and if you remove the trxs I will kill you. What's wrong? Don't have 1400 dollars for new tires? Seriously, nice car. Enjoy.
    83 Mercury Capri RS, 91 Mustang Gt 'vert, 04 CO Mach 1

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sellis1012 View Post
    Welcome and I hate you. That car is so beautiful. Oh, and if you remove the trxs I will kill you. What's wrong? Don't have 1400 dollars for new tires? Seriously, nice car. Enjoy.
    Thanks....guess we will just have to shoot it out
    Ron Gibson

I also wanted to buy this car, but it was just a little too far away, and I will only buy a car if I can see it in person. Now that its in the Atlanta area, hummmmm, lol.
    1979 Mustang Pace Car
    1986 Omni GLHS #415
    1984 SVO

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksnake View Post
    I also wanted to buy this car, but it was just a little too far away, and I will only buy a car if I can see it in person. Now that its in the Atlanta area, hummmmm, lol.
    lol.....you never know. I turn cars over like a woman changes shoes. The plan is to keep it but you just never know.

I have been burned by several cars hundreds of miles away. The worse case scenario is you fly in and drive a rental back. I have done that three or four times and flown stand by back twice.

I couldn't get excited about the car till I saw it. Once I saw it I was excited.
    Ron Gibson

I thought the pics looked great, can't wait to see it in person. We need to get the four-eyed ATL crowd together.
    1979 Mustang Pace Car
    1986 Omni GLHS #415
    1984 SVO

Glad to see this car go to a good home. Hopefully you keep it for a long time, if not hit me up I may be in the market in a few months.
    83 GT Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12