Close

Thread: Fuel Line Kink

Default Fuel Line Kink

As you can see above, I have a kink in one of the lines for my EFI conversion. Not sure if its the return, proably "can" be, but i'm wondering if it can be fixed, or if it'll cause a problem.
    No matter where you go, there you are

the feed and return lines should be diffrent sizes (at least on the connecors), The do sell repair kits fot the nylon lines but i dont know how much faith i would have in them.

Where exactly is that peice in relationship to the rest of the car? tank, engine?

You can know see why i ran hardline up to the front, then used fuel injection hose (rubber) to connect it I HATE that nylon line its a major PITA.

Good luck man.

Kevin
    It puts the ATF in the T5... IT DOES AS IT'S TOLD!!!!!

I had s similar problem on my 87 EXP. Fuel feed line was smashed under the car to about 1/4 of its original size. I had a flat spot in the acceleration curve from about 2500-4000 rpm's until the return line was **** off by the FPR. Fixing it made a superb difference in the way it drove. Since what I fixed was metal line under the car, I simply used a length of braided A&N line with about 6 small hose clamps. Worked fine for over four years when I needed to sell the two seater due to family constraints. Hence why I replaced it with the 85 GT. Four seats.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Quote Originally Posted by futurexdesign
    Where exactly is that peice in relationship to the rest of the car? tank, engine?
    knew I forgot something, these go from the steel from the tank, to the engine bay.
    No matter where you go, there you are