Close

Default Fuel Tank! NEED VENDOR INFO!

I found out I need a new fuel tank.

I located a NOS one but it is $450. I can get an aftermarket one for $120 from Texas Mustang. But its oversized and I think shipping will be too expensive.

Does anyone know who makes the NON EFI 81-93 fuel tank I see on all the late model the vendor web sites? I want to see if there is a vendor/distributor closer to where the car is. The tank could then be picked up.

Specifically upstate NY (from Utica to ALbany, maybe western MA)

-Mike

BTW, how do HUGE dents get in a gas tank? I mean like the kind that would reduce copacity 2-3 gallons? I've never understood that. That and severely dented oil pans. The kind where its so bad its bent the oil pump and the engine takes a quart less than its supposed to?

And why is it so common?

-Mike

You just need to ask around. Most good parts stores should be able to get them. They arent normally stocked because of their size but can be ordered and recieved in a few days.

Actually I got a tank and straps from texas mustang.

They charged me $14.19 shipping and $10 for oversize charge. Good enough for me. I thought it was going to be alot more.

Paid $119.95 for the tank and $21.95 for a new set of straps.

-Mike

Good deal, I will be looking for a new one myself quite shortly and I need the straps too!

I know Mustangs Unlimited carries them as well (dunno about the straps tho)

-mike
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon