Close

Default Help with trans tunnel plug

Hello all, I have an 85 coupe I did a H.O efi maf swap with a T5. The car appears to had been a stick car from factory, what is the round plug with 4 wires next to the vss plug under the car at the trans tunnel? I'm assuming 2 wires are for the back up lights but the other 2 i'm curious about. The car wouldn't turn over until I jumped the one with constant 12v with and pink colored wire, after this the car cranked but it did so as soon as the switch hit the on position not actually turned all the way on. When I did turn the switch all the way the car would stop cranking, any help would be great really want to wrap up this project... Thank.

FEP Senior Member

I think that is the neutral safety switch harness that goes through that plug.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    I think that is the neutral safety switch harness that goes through that plug.
    Yes the plug is just different in the newer years.. also figured the starter solinoid and ignition is wired wrong... Now i need to figure out the fuel pump...