Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    News Flash, LOL. My 1984 GT Turbo runs like a sewing machine and there is no computer under the passenger seat. Has not been since I owned it. I know Brian knows what he is talking about. I think we are just confused is all. Does yours have a computer under the seat I guess Brian?
    That must be a convertible thing (which this ad obviously is for and Brian's car also is and which also means Brian knows what he is talking about.) There must be something else in the kick panel on Vert's? And that might also explain why he doesn't say if this car runs or not. He forgot about that rather important little tidbit of information, LOL.
    I did assume that the computer's placement in Turbo GT cars was under the seat. I guess it is a convertible thing. I have a Ford turbo shop manual that shows both locations. I wish that mine was behind the kick panel...

When I saw this convertible without it, it made me wonder if the car was in running condition, or not.

Sorry...I didn't mean to cause a schism in the Four Eye continuum.

EDIT: I did check the PDF copy of the 83-84 Turbo EFI manual in the 2.3 section of the forum. It does say that the location for the ECA on the Mustang & Capri is supposed to be under the passenger seat. If not, maybe someone liked it better behind the kick panel, I guess.
    Last edited by Gemini1999; 05-16-2016 at 11:16 PM.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible