Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bubble on top of windshield. It's like that on both sides

Here's the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Original rims
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Also seems to be a spot on the front bumper/fender if you zoom in. I guess the vehicle is not mint, but it's in damn good shape.

If you don't need the 4 wheeler, pull the trigger!
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

]that rust is not a good indication of how sound the body is. I personally would pass on this one. This is just the tip of the proverbial "ice-berg" typically. If that's showing on the surface, you will have to do a significant amount of investigation to make sure how many other areas are affected similarly. This looks like water got through the top drains/structure and permeated to the a-pillars, just my guess. The value of a car like this is actually in the body, paint, interior and structures, if that's not absolutely perfect its not worth as much. it may be the light or just the picture, but, are there "waves" on the metal around the sunroof?
    Last edited by vascj; 01-12-2016 at 10:22 AM.

That interior is worth the asking price, best color ever! I'd say take the deal but I'm afraid this one may end up being sold in pieces because the op isn't a big 79-86 fan. Take the deal, but sell the car whole...if you don't keep it. If the plan is to sell in parts than let this one slide and let it go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

That car wouldn't bring any money in pieces. The drivetrain is where you make money on one of these cars and this one couldn't be any less desirable there. People will want it just because it's a clean notch.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear85 View Post
    Take the deal, but sell the car whole...if you don't keep it. If the plan is to sell in parts than let this one slide and let it go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is.

Agree. My car is similar in concept: early Four Eye coupe, humble drivetrain, well-equipped, nice color combination, good condition. If my car were to be destroyed, this is what I would be looking for as a replacement. It appears to be a relatively easy restoration to MCA Concours show standards (which is what I would likely do to the car; the roof rust probably takes it out of contention as competitive in Unrestored).

Otherwise, to repeat the sentiment in the thread, the car simply needs to be enjoyed as-is. I can guarantee that if you show up at the local Sonic cruise-in night, you won't get any interest from the muscle car crowd, but a bunch of average folks will approach you with the "my high school girlfriend had one of these, I haven't seen one in decades!" comments. That is always fun for me.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Even with the boat anchor motor.......I would make this trade in a heartbeat and enjoy as is. Think about this....the guy is possibly trying to save it from a 16 yr old kid whom obviously wants something to beat the crap out of and a quad would be better than this little gem. Guaranteed the car would not stay this nice after a teenager got a hold of it.

EDIT...just saw the roof rust but I still think I would make the trade. Quads are a dime a dozen and relatively cheap this time of year, the car is a different story...not near as common as a quad.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 01-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    I can guarantee that if you show up at the local Sonic cruise-in night, you won't get any interest from the muscle car crowd, but a bunch of average folks will approach you with the "my high school girlfriend had one of these, I haven't seen one in decades!" comments. That is always fun for me.
    I don't know Bob. At Foxtoberfest this year there was a completely restored 81 hatchback, one owner car. Yellow and black with a 2.3, nothing special other than a restored base model car and it had a crowd around it quite a bit of the day. More and more people are starting to appreciate nice originals it seems.
    1984 Mustang GT owned since 1991 (first car). Mercury Mountaineer GT-40P engine, some suspension mods, currently undergoing a five lug SN95 brake upgrade and more suspension mods. Some minor body and interior mods have been done as well.

2004 GT convertible, 2001 Taurus LX, 1994 F150, 1950 F-1 Ford Pickup

Make the trade! It's a nice little coupe.

Anything this clean (aside from that rust) and original will draw attention. People love stuff like this. Heck my 83 Datsun Pulsar (which is a total turd) gets plenty of attention simply because you don't see them anymore and it's so original.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I don't know Bob. At Foxtoberfest this year there was a completely restored 81 hatchback, one owner car. Yellow and black with a 2.3, nothing special other than a restored base model car and it had a crowd around it quite a bit of the day. More and more people are starting to appreciate nice originals it seems.
    That's an interesting piece of information. I would love to see the car. If anyone knows the owner, encourage him/her to come to an MCA event this year. Assuming the car was somewhat local, the show in Myrtle Beach would be a short drive, even St. Augustine wouldn't be all that far.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12