Hello,

I have a 4.6 4v in my 79 Zephyr. It has a 4G alternator. I want to keep the stock dash and gauges (idiot light, no ammeter).
I bought the PA Performance 3G swap voltage regulator, but the instructions are not very clear.

The alternator harness that came with the PA performance regulator has 3 wires. White, yellow, and green.
My stock 4G alternator harness does not have the white wire, it only has the yellow wire, and green/red wire.
I know the 3G uses the white wire with the small plug.

The 4G harness yellow wire goes to a 30a fuse, and then to the power distribution box. The green/red wire goes to the charge indicator lamp.

Could it be as simple as connecting my 4G green/red wire to the Zephyr LG/R wire to make the charge indicator lamp go out and allow the alternator to charge?
I know there aren't a ton of people here with modular swaps, i have been searching the net but it seems most that do modular swaps, also swap in a late model dash and gauges.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. The car is not running yet but should be running shortly. Once the car is running i can test this out but would like to get this sorted out beforehand if possible.
thanks and have a nice day.