Close

Threaded View

Default Audio Attention needed in my 86'

Name:  20180617_152245.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  71.0 KB

I am Planning a trip driving my 86' notch from Arkansas to Woodward Avenue(917 miles) in Michigan for Roadkill Nights August 11th. One of the repairs/maint I would like to do before the trip is get the tunes in order. Attached is a pic of the factory push button premium sound stereo that is unmolested. The front and rear speakers are shot. The amp installed in the center of the dash does not work. Things I would like and will not do are.

1. Would like BT capabilities
    2. Would be ok with aux input.
    3. Not against aftermarket unit but I will not hack up dash and it appears to me hacking is a must with the way factory stereo fits.
    4. Not needing competition sounding ****.....not my thing some folks dig it that is what makes the world go around.
    5. Only interested in speakers that fit in factory front dash and rear dash locations.
    6. Always have been partial to JBL stuff but would entertain what others have had work good with stock stereo.

Will the stock stereo be able to power aftermarket speakers without the factory amp? Do I need to replace factory amp? Any advice from past installs or part#'s would be great help. I want to stick to the KISS method for this part of the project but want it to last a while also. Would just like to listen to Willie, Waylon and the Boys on my trip.
    Last edited by jazdill; 06-17-2018 at 04:56 PM.