Close

Default Futura/Z-7 Sunroof Pics needed!!

I have a car with a factory sunroof, and a headliner board without a sunroof hole. I also have new fabric to recover it but I have one single issue....I have no clue how to make this look stock. I'm looking for pictures of your fairmont futura or Zephyr Z-7's headliner's with factory sunroofs in them!!

I'm hoping if I can get a couple good pictures I can do the measurements and figure out what to do. Anything will help! Thanks!
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

I just got home. I'll get the measurements as discussed. PM me your address.
    I'll print up a couple pics too. Should have it in the mail Friday (moving slow, threw my back out...)
    Ben

this is all i have on hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice pic Canyon I was wondering if the material went under or over that chrome peice. Any more would help greatly.

Also....are the sunroof headlinder boards different than the standard ones? The standard one is basically a flat square with bent sides. Is the sunroof one a flat square with a hole in the middle or is it formed somewhow?
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

As best I can tell, the aftermarket is a flat board with bent edges, just has a hole cut.

I don't think I have the chrome piece for mine!

One thing a pattern won't show, is that the fabric over the headliner board was originally placed over the board complete (no sunroof hole cut in the fabric). Then it was cut with a diagonal "x" shape from corner to corner.

When the headliner was put in place, the 4 triangles were pulled up outside the car.

Then, when the rubber sunroof seal was put in place, the fabric was pinched between the rubber and the roof metal. It was trimmed (so the fabric wouldn't wick up water from outside) and glued lightly (again, I'm assuming it's so the fabric wouldn't pull out or wick water past the seal) and the seal was put in place.

At least that's how it was in my car.

Good to know...and i'm glad it looks like my headliner is going to work. I'm excited to get this part finished.
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage