Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default The Offical Long Island BBQ Picture thread 2010

What a great day,everyone should post there pics of the LI BBQ event in this thread.
    I'll start with a picture of my driveway at 10am today

I did'nt take many at the event,I'll let Ed and everyone else post thoose but Mike's ASC was a thing of beauty,

Some actions shots on the way to the beach,whata awesome ride that was

How often does one get to cruise with a ASC & BM at the same time

Look at that smile.

Ed & his vert,thoose Mesh wheels look sick in motion

Here is a couple from the cruise down at the Beach,

I forgot what the total # of cars there was but it was over 25,here's a group shot

I can't wait to see everyone else's pics.

Wow, thats how I picture my driveway someday.

Nice! Been waiting all night for these. Looks like it was a great day.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

I didn't take many pics either so I will leave that to everyone else, but we had an awesome time today it was great to meet up with everyone either again or for the first time. Ed, thanks for organizing the event.

We got home safe a little while ago, it was an uneventful ride home so that is good. Traffic was fine and for the most part the roads where fine too. Sorry I wasn't able to make the cruise in tonight, but it looks like you guys represented well, LOL.

I'll tell you what some you you east coast guys have some awesome cars. Chris it was my first time seeing your car in person, or really any asc up close, that thing is a machine. I am still in awh at the quality and coolness factor of all the cars there today, and great owners as well.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL8286 View Post
    I forgot what the total # of cars there was but it was over 25,here's a group shot

I can't wait to see everyone else's pics.
    Boy, chris's orange Capri stick out in that pic, huh? Still one of my favorite cars on the site. An all business machine.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Quote Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
    I didn't take many pics either so I will leave that to everyone else, but we had an awesome time today it was great to meet up with everyone either again or for the first time. Ed, thanks for organizing the event.

We got home safe a little while ago, it was an uneventful ride home so that is good. Traffic was fine and for the most part the roads where fine too. Sorry I wasn't able to make the cruise in tonight, but it looks like you guys represented well, LOL.

I'll tell you what some you you east coast guys have some awesome cars. Chris it was my first time seeing your car in person, or really any asc up close, that thing is a machine. I am still in awh at the quality and coolness factor of all the cars there today, and great owners as well.
    Tom I'm so glad you came down today,it was a pleasure hanging out with you and a honor having your PC at my house Glad to see your ride was good on the way home.

Looks like a huge success once again, nice pics
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Man, I expected the pic count on this thread to give my modem a meltdown. Some great looking cars but where are the rest of the pics? Come on guys!
    1979 Base Model Coupe- 351w, C4, 3.73s, the fun machine- Now getting a lot more well deserved mileage put on her!
    2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2200 Class C motorhome on an E-450 chassis. Oh yeah!
    2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV Premium- Marine Blue w/ 5-speed, awesome little car.

Wow, someone beat me to creating the thread. must have been that rocketpowered 84, Joe.

First off, thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success, from those who invited, shared, posted, donated, picked up food, and for anything else I might have missed, my sincere thanks and gratitude. A few yrs back I saw what the guys in the NW were doing and thought "hey, if we had something here, that would be awesome too". In only two years of doing this, we've been able to grow it larger and we keep telling everyone we know about FEP.

We had I think at the high point 25 cars (not all are pictured), but several cars interchanged, etc, so throughout our day and weekend of activities here so far probably closer to 30 different four eyes. We had special guests from as far away as Canada and Florida. JP, awesome man, simply awesome, for bringing us custom hats for the event. And a great family you have. Marshall, man, to drive all the way from Canada with your wife and kids, we truly know you guys are our best friends to the north.

I am pretty tired right now but will do my best to post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone vistors, fellow LI'ers and their families as well.

Last edited by eeprete; 07-18-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

FEP Senior Member

I like that Fairmont wagon!! Anymore shots of it?
    1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

redlordamazon

Here are a couple of picture Most guys are probally sleeping in hotels or not home or beat from a long day. Also some guys are getting up early for a show in the am ( oh I am also got to get to bed). I am sure the pics wil be flowing in as many cameras where working overtime all day.

Oh one more picture my little one all convertibled out after a great day. Happy to be in the Fusion on her way to a pool party.
    Last edited by redlordamazon; 07-17-2010 at 11:03 PM.

We got back to Harrisburg in 4 hrs ,thanks to some welcome advice we made great time.

Glad everyone enjoyed the hats, Julie appreciates the thanks.

Cool cars at the beach also,we all had fun.

The family enjoyed the ride/sprint to the beach , they were all laughing the whole way there

It was great to meet you guys and your cars, we will definately plan a longer stay next time.....JP

Edit: Here are some pics from our Grabber Rally hosted by CJ Pony Parts...http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/...337&highlight=
    Last edited by FloridaGrabber; 07-17-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    JP
    79 Capri RS 2.3t / 4spd (project)
    79 Pace Car 2.3T / 4spd (driving project)
    79 Pace Car 5.0/auto ( project)
    84 GT White 5spd T-Top (project)
    86 Tan/Tan 3.8/auto (daughter's project)
    87 LX vert Red 2.3/auto
    07 4.0 Grabber Orange 5spd (Modified Mustangs Nov.07 Cover)

Chris, great photos. Glad you, Joanie and the kids had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by fox81 View Post
    I like that Fairmont wagon!! Anymore shots of it?
    the fairmont was super clean, here is a shot, and also a shot on the sign as well. Its for sale and its as clean as you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGrabber View Post
    We got back to Harrisburg in 4 hrs ,thanks to some welcome advice we made great time.

Glad everyone enjoyed the hats, Julie appreciates the thanks.

Cool cars at the beach also,we all had fun.

The family enjoyed the ride/sprint to the beach , they were all laughing the whole way there

It was great to meet you guys and your cars, we will definately plan a longer stay next time.....JP

Edit: Here are some pics from our Grabber Rally hosted by CJ Pony Parts...http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/...337&highlight=
    Wow, JP awesome time getting back there! And thanks again. You guys were great to come all this way. Yes, we can't wait to have you join us with one of your foxes.

Here's some more photos. I am too wired to sleep right now....

Sweet pics guys and the cars look GREAT..

Awesome pics!! Wish I was there!
    John

1986 SVO 1C
    1993 Cobra

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Wish I could have been there. Looks like a blast!! Great pics guys. Keep 'em coming!
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

Wow, awesome pictures guys. Looks like a fantastic time. I dig that wagon too!
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

I guess I wasn't the only fool unable to sleep that well last night. I was playing it over and over in my head...especially the cruise to the beach. OMG that road! I thought I'd be up this am posting the first post while you were all at the morning car show! lol. Goes to show how addicted we all are! lol.

Anyway here's my take on the whole day...I guess I'm not even sure where to begin. Probably the best car related experience I've ever had! It was truly awesome. The nicest bunch of people you could ever meet. It was so cool putting faces with screen names and their cars! After hearing the buzz about last year's BBQ I knew I had to be there...and it was SOOO worth it!

We look at these cars everyday on the computer, we follow build threads and "what should I do?" threads and we even stare at the calendar each month but to actually see these cars in person is almost indescribable.

I arrived at the golf course part of the park and knew that wasn't right so instead of driving around aimlessly I called up Ed (eeprete) for some guidance. He said hang tight he'd be there in a few to pick me up. Well he didn't disappoint - here he came - with a small parade of 4-eyes. It was truly a sight to see...I heard the rumble and my fiance said my face was BETTER than that of a kid in a candy store. (She hadn't seen anything yet) 2 86 GT's, a sinister 79 Capri, a mint 82 GT and Capri-LESS-man86's 88GT...what more could a guy ask for. We then all cruised to Joe's house (EVIL8286) to wait for some more cars. Upon arrival I saw his sick 82 and 84GT calendar cars, Esco's sweet blue 85 and 69Clarks's insane Pace Car was nestled nicely in the driveway. I didn't know where to begin, hand shaking, introductions and 4-eyes a plenty. The most I've ever seen in the same place at the same time for sure! jbishop finally arrived (shoeless of course) in his super clean fuel injected 82 notch. We all then cruised to the park where the pile of 4-eyes came and went all day. Man it was awesome! Like Ed said there were probably 30 total that came and went throughout the day. Fairmonts and T-birds were in attendance too! The fun continued through 5pm where a bunch of us cruised down to the beach. This is where the fun really began! We hit this road and it was all over. Having roll-on's with EVIL8286 and his 84 and 85bubblebackboy's Black Magic was friggin' awesome; I could seriously do that ALL day long! eeprete and Esco where hangin' with us but we did lose a few people in the process...lol. I know I hit triple digits at least twice! haha. Joe, Bryan your cars rip it was an honor! I asked my fiance to snap a couple shots in front and behind but dude she was nearly in the backseat for some and hanging out the window snapping away for others! She was awesome and having as much fun as I (Well, probably not lol). She's the best for sure putting up with all this car crap! lol. The action shots she got were amazing. The faces say it all - scroll down you'll see. Bryan, the one you wanted is there and it's sweet!!! It's too bad we lost a few.

Did I mention that road? It was like heaven...Once it opened to 3 lanes my jaw was in my lap! I've never seen anything like that before - miles and miles of open road! I'm certain we used every inch of it!

So anyway thanks to everyone it was absolutely awesome and a pleasure to meet you all! Special thanks to Ed (eeprete) and Joe (EVIL8286) for getting everything going and the accommodations (and the directions home) and to JP (FloridaGrabber) for the awesome hats! Also, Ed, Joe - when can I expect a sig update to that "wanted" list?

Hope everyone had safe (and accident free) rides home - the asc did me proud at the nearly 300mile round trip excursion and made it in one piece; averaging 15mpg with a lot of "racing" and ride home traffic! My tach and rear headliner-to-hatch trim (the real wide metal piece) fell victim to NY roads but 2 easy fixes! Can't wait 'til next year for sure...

I'm sure everyone will be posting some of their pics here but ALL of mine (like 250 pics!) for the day will be on my site in a 2010 FEP BBQ gallery. Ed said he'd send me hi-res of his so they will be there too. If everyone else wants, then can send me their hi-res and I'll process them all and put them in separate galleries on my site with your name and a link to your site or build thread...whatever you want. I'll prolly do up some desktop's too - It would be cool to have ALL the pics of the day in one spot - then we can all link to it in our sigs!

Ok enough yapping on to the pics...

Some pics of the cruise to EVIL8286's house!

Some pics at EVIL8286's house. Nestled behind the fence are his 2 project cars. Gonna be sweet when he's done...can't wait for them. 4 4-eyes - lucky SOB!

The cruise to the park

At the park

This one is for Jared! He was amazed at the plane! lol

MONEY SHOT!

WHU?

Uhhh - YES PLEASE!

MORE...

Cruise to Beach

SOMEONE is having a good time! How can you not driving a BM with a GT40 Crate Motor and some spray!

SICK - just SICK!

Nice Joe!

This is the one my girl took of you around then. He was telling me to get in the other lane...so he could snap the one above! One of my Fav's for sure.

Another sick shot!

EVIL8286 and 85bubblebackboy about to go at it!

Last set...

3 wide

That road! Did I mention that road????

Guys there are a TON more on my site - action shots too! Check them out HERE

Like I said hopefully everyone sends me their pics and they will be up there too...

Enjoy.

I'm so jealous, I gotta bring one of the cars up there for this one day. Great pictures guys!
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast