Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

The AM/FM cassette radio in my red '79 works great. I was surprised to hear music as soon as I turned the key. I havent tried with a cassette, I doubt it works after all this time. It surely needs a new belt and a head cleaning. I don't have the knobs though.
    It was missing in my vaquero notchback, I guess it had a standard AM mono radio as it has only the large speaker in the middle of the dashboard.
    My hatchback was a radio delete car and has had the opening cut. I will put a vintage aftermarket radio in it to fill the hole.

The premium sound in my 86 still works, and I believe I still have the stereo/8 track player from the 79 I had which worked as well.
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

The only stock radio I had in any fox when I got it was my Fairmont and Zephyr, Only Mustang I had that still had the stock radio was my old 1969 and I'm the one who swapped it.
    83' Capri RS 5.0 (My son's car now pending his return from the army.)
    87' Mustang LX 5.0 5spd. Notch
    88' Mustang Project Notch
    96' F250 Powerstroke Crewcab 4x4
    GhostwolF's PonypageS

I believe Ford DIN radios from the 80's and 90's will outlast the older Ford shaft ones.
    Working stock speakers from the 80's have to be rare by now.
    Last edited by gr79; 12-08-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Would love a working stocker for my 86. Anyone selling one!?

I'm running the stock one for now in my 1991 GT, but my 1982 GT does not have a radio at all. The dash speakers were so far gone on the 82GT that it was nothing but metal frame and center cone!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345