Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

WAAAHHOOOOOO!!!! FINALLY got my front swaybar mounted tonight with new poly bushings. I'm putting on an autocross, well, today lol so I reeeeeallllly wanted to be able to run my car and take some video to show you all! So, I'm pulling an all nighter. I just drove out to the lot where we're holding the autocross, and since it was 4am I figured I could play a little.

Cobra powered Fairmonts drift very nicely teehee. My NEW problem is the Cobra sway bar, the outer bends are made for a 98, with longer control arms, and less offset on the wheels....so I lost turning radius, my tires rub bad at about 3/4 lock each way. I'm going to try and see if the heavy bar I had on the front will work, but IIRC it hit on the AC compressor but I'll probably check again anyhow. This car is a BLAST!

1Nine, it's not the fastest car on the planet, and it's going to get a set of gears to make it even more fun, but I absolutely love this car! Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it! Justin
    78 Fairmont, the Montstr. 4.6 DOHC Cobra everything!
    92 F250 Diesel 4x4 ex cab, 237k and never been stuck!
    70 Chevelle Malibu 400 (clone)
    Aberdeen, SD

Quote Originally Posted by montstr View Post
    Well, finally got a semi-decent engine shot! I'm clearing my schedule so I can actually wax my car tomorrow like it deserves! There's still a LOT to do under the hood, I plan on fabbing up all new brackets for all the cooling and power steering stuff, something custom but simple that you don't "notice" as being a custom bracket.

now picture that image but with a procharger!!! that whats planned for mine
    sure i will be contacting you yours looks great

Thanks! I've been driving it more since I got the front bar on, I even autocrossed it, but autocross is no fun with a car with a lousy turning radius and needing an alignment! Let's put it this way....we set up the course to be "technical" and had some very tight corners....I had to back up! lol I wasn't the only one, the guy that was cool enough to bring his Ford GT had to back up too! haha My car wasn't the autocross champ I thought it would be, my dad beat me in a bone stock 95 GT convertible automatic, but in my defense, he could actually turn his steering wheel! My car's fast in a straight line though!

I also finally had a 0-60-0 shootout with my buddy in his Lexus IS350....I lost. them things are quick! I have run flats on the front, and haven't cured my wheelhop issues yet, so combine no launch, plus I had the ABS unhooked since I was working on the front end, plus needing alignment, with rock hard front tires equals smoke show! lol it was fun though. He drove my Fairmont afterwards, and he loved it, his car is all smooth and automatic, mine is rough and loud haha.

Anyhow, sorry to ramble. It's been a bit since I'd been here and thought I'd say hi! Justin
    Aberdeen, SD

Need some updates on this thread. Moar updated pics!
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

What a badass car! Do you have a link to the pictures that aren't showing up anymore, or some updated pics? This car would most definitely benefit from a pair of solid RLCA's if it doesn't already have them, they would most likely solve your wheel hop issue.
    '85 1E GT ~ Terminator swap in progress

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't been on here lately, been busy with my shop. I didn't do a lot with the car over the last year, but drive it (the interior's still not done) but it's been great and 100% trouble free!

It's going to Car Craft nats in St. Paul Minnesota this year, I may not have it repainted, but I'm planning on having everything else 100%. Mechanically it's all done, air blows ice cold, cruise works great etc. But it still wheel hops since I didn't put a dime into it last year, just drove it about 2,000 miles. (at 18mpg in town!)

I have debated selling it, but I took a gander at it today....and I really do love this thing! I want to get it done first, maybe next year I'll have to pass it along, but we'll see how things go. It's a blast to drive, I have decent pics I took of it at a car show, people love the thing! It's a conversation piece, to say the least. Anyhow, I'm just leaving the office and thought I should say hi to you guys, but I promise I'll get new pics up here soon! Have a good one, Justin
    Aberdeen, SD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234