Close

Thread: Parts wish list

Default Parts wish list

So I began to see that there are a few junkyard posts in the Az section. I know we have a wanted section in the classifieds but what about us Az guys who cruise the yards on a regular basis?

It would be easy for someone to list what they are looking for here then if a member happens to see that part in a yard we could post our findings. It would make it eaiser for people like me who have to travel 3 hours each way to get to the yards. I spend almost $100 in gas/food everytime I go so I like to get in and get out so I can get to the next yard. 6 hours driving round trip kills the yard searching sometimes. If I was looking for a certain part I could list it here and if anyone see's that part they could list what yard/car it was in.

Hahaha you beat me to this thread. Where's your list? LOL

Any 4 eye stuff you or anyone else wants, as long as it's not too involved to pull, I'd pull it and buy it and you can come get it later or just reimburse me the shipping to you.

My wish list: (all parts black preferred)

Black (only) front seatbelts and sleeve
    Rear bumper cover not sun rotted
    2x 10 hole center caps
    Good dash hull/pad (maybe)

Updated 1/6/11
    Last edited by metalman302; 01-06-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman302 View Post
    Good dash hull/pad (maybe)
    79-81 Door panels not sun rotted (maybe)
    The beige Zephyr at Pull N Save south of Ecology on 27th had a black dash with a butterscotch/black interior. I pulled the pad off (it was cracked) when I snagged the A-pillar trim. Of course it's not a Mustang/Capri dash but I don't think there are any major differences. They look the same, just a different gauge cluster arrangement. Search the forum for guys swapping Mustang gauge clusters into their Fairmonts/Zephyrs for more info.

BTW the 79 door panels had the pulls on the bottom of the door so be more specific on whether you want the handles high or low (79 only, if memory serves).

Quote Originally Posted by DadBox View Post
    The beige Zephyr at Pull N Save south of Ecology on 27th had a black dash with a butterscotch/black interior. I pulled the pad off (it was cracked) when I snagged the A-pillar trim. Of course it's not a Mustang/Capri dash but I don't think there are any major differences. They look the same, just a different gauge cluster arrangement. Search the forum for guys swapping Mustang gauge clusters into their Fairmonts/Zephyrs for more info.

BTW the 79 door panels had the pulls on the bottom of the door so be more specific on whether you want the handles high or low (79 only, if memory serves).
    Yeah remember I was the one who told you about that Zephyr in the other thread? LOL I was about to get that dash but it was cracked on both sides of the ash tray. COuld probably epoxy it and never see it, but for the hassle I'd rather just paint my current dash that does not have any cracks (that I know of yet).

For the door panels I have an 80 so I can make the 79 work by covering the lower hole with another piece of carpet and cutting a new hole up top.

EDIT - decided I will relocate my handle low because I think they're cool
    Last edited by metalman302; 01-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.