Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Oh and by the way welcome to FEP beautiful car I love it...any reason why it sat for so long?
    Last edited by RFlora85; 07-04-2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Current rides
    85 Mustang GT, 70 Plymouth Duster 225 slant

Quote Originally Posted by 85 4eyedslut View Post
    I work at a repair shop and we have an oil burning furnace to heat the shop in the winter so I'm sure you could syphon the gas out and ask some local repair shops if they would want it to burn if they have an oil burner
    Great idea! Thanks.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. I know of a few places with big oils tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 85 4eyedslut View Post
    Oh and by the way beautiful car I love it...any reason why it sat for so long?
    Family commitments, kids, you know the old story. I never could afford to insure it and couldn't bear to sell it so I mothballed it hoping that about the time my kids grew up I could get collector plates and cheap insurance for it.

Guess what, just like a fairy tale it all came true.
    Gonna apply for collector plates and start it up for the first time in 22 years tomorrow.

No problem....yeah I know how the old story goes glad to see it worked out for you buddy
    Current rides
    85 Mustang GT, 70 Plymouth Duster 225 slant

One word - WOW!

Coquitlam is pretty close by. Any thoughts about coming down to Arlington for Neil's 4-eye Picnic? It's in August.
    67 Cougar
    85 Jalepeno Red GT
    85 Bright Red RS
    88 Smoke Grey GT Hatch
    88 Bright Regata Blue GT Hatch
    89 Bright Regata Blue GT Vert

FEP Supporter

North of Seattle, near the "Four-Eye-Field-of-Dreams"

Be carefull Jerry, you're gonna scare the new guy...

All kidding aside, welcome to this crazy website for us 4-eye lovers. Your Capri is a lovely sight, and would look really good parked in a big field with more 4-eye cars than you can shake a dipstick at....consider this your formal invite to join in the fun with us...just hit the big red link.

Neil
    Check out the Northwest "4-Eye" BBQ here >>> WWW.NWFOUREYEBBQ.COM

foureyebbq@hotmail.com (to be put on the BBQ list )

Lots of pics of my ride for your viewing pleasure....
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2052657/1

Quote Originally Posted by GTJerry View Post
    One word - WOW!

Coquitlam is pretty close by. Any thoughts about coming down to Arlington for Neil's 4-eye Picnic? It's in August.
    That sounds very interesting. And I won't write that off just yet. If I get this thing running reliably I just might do that, sounds like fun.

I started it up today. It fired right away (after a squirt of gas in the carb) after about 30 seconds of blissful sounds I noticed a flood of gas running along the garage floor!

Fuel pump diaphragm was shot and gas was spewing out of the balance vent. Not a good thing to happen 100 miles south on the I-5 so I'm glad it happened now.

So I got to work replacing the fuel pump, it was quite a job because the power steering pump had to come out first to get at it. After the job was done I let it run up to operating temp but it has a bad miss at idle that would not go away. It may have been caused by the oil I fed it for storage fouling a plug or two. I'll check that next week.

I submitted my collector application today and it should take a few weeks to find out if I am accepted. If I get the OK the next step is emission testing (required in the Vancouver district). if it passes emissions then I get the plates.

So, emissions, plates, then reliability. Maybe we will see you in august?
    Last edited by TWiCS; 07-06-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: spelling

I am so jealous! That Capri looks wonderful.

I bought an '85 RS Capri, brand new in November of 1984. That car was the cats meow. The IROC Camaro was no match for it. Sadly, I wrecked it in 2002 just when I was preparing to restore it.

Good luck on your project and keep us up to date on your progress.

FEP Supporter

TWiCS, get some "SeaFoam" and put in gas tank and run some down the carb after you check the plugs. I would replace the plugs if you take thm out, and the PCV valve too, if it's gummed up, that can cause you to fail testing. Try for a temporary permit to allow you to drive it for a hundred or KM's and heat up the converter and free the rings, ect. You may also find that some seals have dried up and will start leaking, so keep an eye out for that...there are several other 4-eye owners in your area, you should be hearing from them soon.
    here is something to get you in the mood... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGfFSq3k5s

Quote Originally Posted by WHTLTHR79RS View Post
    Be carefull Jerry, you're gonna scare the new guy...

All kidding aside, welcome to this crazy website for us 4-eye lovers. Your Capri is a lovely sight, and would look really good parked in a big field with more 4-eye cars than you can shake a dipstick at....consider this your formal invite to join in the fun with us...just hit the big red link.

Neil
    Hi Neil! Thank you for the warm welcome and the kind words.

I am going to do my best to get down to your BBQ.
    You are building a great tradition for us four eyes (gotta get used to that term).

I should know by the end of July if the Capri can make the trip. If not I just might rent a trailer and haul it behind my Adrenalyn.

TWiCS, get some "SeaFoam" and put in gas tank and run some down the carb after you check the plugs. I would replace the plugs if you take thm out, and the PCV valve too, if it's gummed up, that can cause you to fail testing. Try for a temporary permit to allow you to drive it for a hundred or KM's and heat up the converter and free the rings, ect. You may also find that some seals have dried up and will start leaking, so keep an eye out for that...there are several other 4-eye owners in your area, you should be hearing from them soon.
    here is something to get you in the mood... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpGfFSq3k5s
    SeaFoam. I have been looking for that and have not found it anywhere. Even our biggest auto can't get it.

Are there any four eyes near me that can help me with it.

Or is it a quick trip to Bellingham for me!

send a PM to 2112Cobra and see if he can get it, he is closer to the border than B-Ham....or "black1980fiveoh.....or.."mad max....or.."Fosters82gt....or.."4eyed86gt...or..
    "beeker....you get the idea ??
    If you blink at the end of the straight away you'll miss the twisties and what fun would that be!
    1982 Capri RS 5.0L
    Suspension Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...tion-and-Build
    1985 SVO 2A & leather. Stolen & Destroyed 2022
    Motor Build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=63505
    Dyno stats and exhaust install http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...Dyno-d-finally
    My FMIC build http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-amp-D-project
    Electronic boost controller and bypass valve
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-Bypass-Valve
    Opperation SVO Tunes http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...51#post1148551

I'm alittle late to the party

But LOVE the CAR

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    send a PM to 2112Cobra and see if he can get it, he is closer to the border than B-Ham....or "black1980fiveoh.....or.."mad max....or.."Fosters82gt....or.."4eyed86gt...or..
    Great idea. I have many friends I can tap just over the line.

FEP Supporter

2112cobra is in the usa, the rest are in your neighborhood...send them a PM and introduce your self

Neil

FEP Member

twic, welcome to the site, thats is one beautiful capri.... I had a hard time finding the sea foam also, finally found it at a GM dealership... maybe that will help you... good luck...
    ~Killr
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0L-Gray (under resto)
    1986 Mercury Capri 5.0L

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Found a supplier up here.

NAPA Autoparts

Your car is gorgeous. Just absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on being able to hang onto her for so long, and now being able to enjoy her. I can't wait to see some more pictures with the historic plates on it

Rob

That is one beautiful car. I love it alot and it reminds me of my old eighty five RS
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

Quote Originally Posted by Ikillrinst View Post
    twic, welcome to the site, thats is one beautiful capri.... I had a hard time finding the sea foam also, finally found it at a GM dealership... maybe that will help you... good luck...
    Thanks for the nice words and help. I finally found it at NAPA in Vancouver.
    It sounds like a real "miracle elixir" to me, oil and gas fix all!

Do you think it really does anything?
    Last edited by TWiCS; 07-09-2010 at 01:47 AM.

FEP Supporter

Just ask "Chalky" what it did in his SVO with the tank of bad gas on the road trip...better yet, ask him in person in the field when you get there.

what a beautiful Capri! welcome to your new "home" lol
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Just ask "Chalky" what it did in his SVO with the tank of bad gas on the road trip...better yet, ask him in person in the field when you get there.
    I just might do that, in person I mean.

So we started it up and it runs fine but the process was not without drama.

I drained the the last few liters out of the tank and filled it full with 94 octane, the carb was drained when it was parked so I put in a new correct BXT 56 Ford battery Primed it once and it came to life on the first click of the starter.

Within seconds a funny popping sound started, shut it off. Looked around found nothing, stated again, popping continued, looked down big stream of gas on garage floor, fuel pump shot.

Changed fuel pump, started again missing like hell still because of fouled plugs but no oil pressure at gauge, shut it down again.

Changed oil pressure switch, oil pressure good, ran for 20 minutes, missing like hell. Added SeaFoam to gas and oil.

Replaced spark plugs miss gone runs well. Put up on jack stands ran in reverse ALA Ferris Beuler for 30 K. Everything looks good. No leaks, no funny noises, no odd smells.

WE ARE READY FOR LIFTOFF tonight at 12.01 pacific time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 hour permit goes in effect at midnight tonight.

12.01 AM the two black streaks in front of my house that long ago faded out
    will return.

I was 36 years old the last time the hood was terroized by the punk on the corner....................guess what? I'm back.......WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!
    -
    FOX ON FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/CAPRI.RS.5.0 (FACEBOOK for ALL FOX cars)
    -
    My "15 minute" 85 Capri RS restoration thread >>>> http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=98062
    -

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by TWiCS View Post
    I just might do that, in person I mean.

So we started it up and it runs fine but the process was not without drama.

I drained the the last few liters out of the tank and filled it full with 94 octane, the carb was drained when it was parked so I put in a new correct BXT 56 Ford battery Primed it once and it came to life on the first click of the starter.

Within seconds a funny popping sound started, shut it off. Looked around found nothing, stated again, popping continued, looked down big stream of gas on garage floor, fuel pump shot.

Changed fuel pump, started again missing like hell still because of fouled plugs but no oil pressure at gauge, shut it down again.

Changed oil pressure switch, oil pressure good, ran for 20 minutes, missing like hell. Added SeaFoam to gas and oil.

Replaced spark plugs miss gone runs well. Put up on jack stands ran in reverse ALA Ferris Beuler for 30 K. Everything looks good. No leaks, no funny noises, no odd smells.

WE ARE READY FOR LIFTOFF tonight at 12.01 pacific time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 hour permit goes in effect at midnight tonight.

12.01 AM the two black streaks in front of my house that long ago faded out
    will return.

I was 36 years old the last time the hood was terroized by the punk on the corner....................guess what? I'm back.......WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

Success!

Bkack streaks deployed. Well, sorta grayish. I think the old tire are kinda hard because they spin easy and don't produce much smoke. Ran it for an hour. No leaks no rattles no bad smells.

Speaking of tires; even after an hour on the road they still feel square (flat spotted) I guess new tires are next.

Can we still get Good Year Eagles?
    -
    FOX ON FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/CAPRI.RS.5.0 (FACEBOOK for ALL FOX cars)
    -
    My "15 minute" 85 Capri RS restoration thread >>>> http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=98062
    -

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast