Close

New User

Default Virginia new guy

Looking forward to building my brown 81. Would love to hear from other Virginia guys.

New User

I really wish I could figure out why I can't post in the classified section. I would really like to sell some stuff. And the admin folks are not responsive

You should be able to post in the For Sale section now with your post count (did you read the guidelines?)
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    You should be able to post in the For Sale section now with your post count (did you read the guidelines?)
    Oh he read the guidelines; "Make 96 Posts in one day before posting in the For Sale section." STILL nothing!! lol

There are guidelines for being able to sell stuff here. Please read them. The link to them is in the "Parts For Sale" forum. I have also provided the link here:

RULES FOR SELLING PARTS or "Can't post? Here's why."

I am one of the "admin folks". I have received one message from and that was at 9:07 PM last night. Less that 12 hours ago. Not sure which other admin folk you might be referring to that are not responsive.

Making 100 posts in 12 hours, just so you can sell stuff, is not going to work out for you...

1. To post an ad to sell parts, you must meet one of the three conditions:

• Minimum post count of 100
    • FEP Supporter Status (allows 1 year of P-FS access)
    • 30 Day Parts - For Sale Pass ($5.00 for 30 days of P-FS selling access)

The board automatically prevents those who do not meet the above requirements from posting. Do not spam to try to hop up your post count, and please don't bother complaining about the post count issue. The requirement is occasionally waived when replying to a "wanted" ad (abuse this, however, and you WILL be booted from the Classifieds, or perhaps the whole site).
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-29-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Oh he read the guidelines; "Make 96 Posts in one day before posting in the For Sale section." STILL nothing!! lol
    I was OoT for a couple days. Didn't get caught up on the whole backstory before replying.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck W View Post
    I was OoT for a couple days. Didn't get caught up on the whole backstory before replying.
    I was away too. When I logged on, I noticed what seemed like THOUSANDS of posts from one person which seemed 'fishy', turns out he was just trying to save 5 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Making 100 posts in 12 hours, just so you can sell stuff, is not going to work out for you...
    But it will get him reported as a spammer... ;-)
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Nice to see you back, Jeff! And Thank You to FoxChassis for helping keep FEP on the rails.
    Have a nice weekend to FEP and Happy New Year!

Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 12-29-2022 at 10:32 PM. Reason: sp.

What happened to the heekton939 guy? Shows "guest" now. Kept wanting me to text him about a want ad, I never did. Same guy, maybe?
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    But it will get him reported as a spammer... ;-)
    It did