Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default why not a 5.4

50 grand or so, more for conv version (a better investment).
    Spend half to mod a older car to do basically the same thing.
    But why lose money? Wealthy? Go for it.
    http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

Right on, GW468..

I like the non-blinged out Challenger, non-SRT.
    They remind me more of our era cars overall and original muscle cars.
    They don't flash out like the new stang, but still get head nods.

Ford does deserve credit for offering so many versions in these times.
    More mods are available than the other 2 new 'pony' cars.
    Last edited by gr79; 07-03-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Respect for a driver and/or a car's ability is a completely different subject. If $ was no object I would not be modding a mid-80s mass produced crapbox. And, I'm still a true car guy.

I feel the same way about drag racing vs open track, not even gonna go there with street racing. Drag racing IMO is a checkbook racing sport. Open track racing is not cheap either but I bet my CMC mustang would embarass many higher priced/modded machines. In a straight line, no chance. I'd get stomped by a lot of cars, but throw some turns in there and I'm game!
    85 SVO
    94 GT CMC#71
    65 Fastback

EvilTwistedTwins

Who cares about beating a 2011 GT? and if you need 10k to do it then theres something wrong there too!

You could have the fastest car in town and run 8 seconds all day long! But at the end of the day there is always going to be someone faster! You should always build your car for what you ultimately want! Not just because a 2011 GT is fast off the show room floor! And besides whats so cool about buying a show room turd? You cant say you built it or did this or that to it! Sorry to me theres nothing cooler then saying yeah I built it! And or who built your engine or turbo kit? well I did!

Quote Originally Posted by RichV View Post
    Respect for a driver and/or a car's ability is a completely different subject. If $ was no object I would not be modding a mid-80s mass produced crapbox. And, I'm still a true car guy.

I feel the same way about drag racing vs open track, not even gonna go there with street racing. Drag racing IMO is a checkbook racing sport. Open track racing is not cheap either but I bet my CMC mustang would embarass many higher priced/modded machines. In a straight line, no chance. I'd get stomped by a lot of cars, but throw some turns in there and I'm game!
    I like part of your comment here rich, ever since i can remember, my dad would watch NHRA drag racing on TV, and sort of re-live his youth by watching someone elses shoebox (55-57 Chevy) run down the drag strip. I never got into it like my father is, sure it would be fun to run a top-fuel dragster down the strip at 300+ but no matter where u go that track is always the same two strips of asphalt how ever long.

Having a car that can blow the doors off a whatever at the stoplight is fun too but, until u take that corner at a track or on a backroad at nearly or even double the posted safely rated speed, u dont understand what thrill is.

Back in my days of illeagal street racing, i cant even count the number of camaros, mustangs, cutlass' i seen driving out to where we raced goin around a corner on three tires because their car wasnt built to corner, it was meant to go fast in one direction, and it was at the moment i took my ford probe around a nearly perfect z curve at over triple the posted limit did i realize i was hooked for life.
    So do i care that driving down the road i will get spanked by some muscle car or turbo'd out civic, sure it will bruise my ego a bit, but i didnt build my car for them, or too impress the street crowds, i built the car the way it makes me happy and thrilled to drive it...........NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COST ME.
    Last edited by theemustangman; 07-03-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwistedTwins View Post
    Who cares about beating a 2011 GT? and if you need 10k to do it then theres something wrong there too!

You could have the fastest car in town and run 8 seconds all day long! But at the end of the day there is always going to be someone faster! You should always build your car for what you ultimately want! Not just because a 2011 GT is fast off the show room floor! And besides whats so cool about buying a show room turd? You cant say you built it or did this or that to it! Sorry to me theres nothing cooler then saying yeah I built it! And or who built your engine or turbo kit? well I did!
    good to see u hangin around again buddy!!!
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Banned

wouldnt take much to be honest in terms of straight line performance..but in the suspension, comfort and amenities aspect you cant compete with the 2011...

id own one if i was in the market

EvilTwistedTwins

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    good to see u hangin around again buddy!!!

Thanks homie! its good to be back in da hizzle!!!! you should send me some texts fool!!!

Default 2011

Don't be concerned about how exactly a 2011 performs or about how exactly a terminator performs or other vehicle for instance. You'll drive yourself nuts. Almost always there is destined to be newer and more effective vehicle. Just enjoy what you have, you want it for your own personel reasons.

Blog Entries

Zombie thread for Halloween?
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345