Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All of you new GLX owners...please post your door and buck tags. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    All of you new GLX owners...please post your door and buck tags. Thanks.
    Hello. I have a couple of questions.

What/where is a 'buck' tag?

I just bought a 1983 GLX hatchback. Unfortunately, it has no engine or transmission in it. According to the 8th digit of the VIN (F), the car was originally equipped with the 5.0 V8. How can I determine which transmission it came equipped with from the factory?

Thanks in advance.
    Brian

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Q: What Does Bucked or Buck Date Mean?
    A: When the individual pieces are being welded together to form the unibody, this is "bucking" the car. The actual assemblage is the "buck." To return your vehicle to a "buck," you would unbolt, unclip, or otherwise disconnect every item you could off the vehicle without cutting. The "buck" is what is left.

So the buck date is the day this assembly is essentially completed and the buck is ready for paint.
    - Source: http://www.martiauto.com/faqfocus.cfm?qid=56

Q: What is a "Buck Tag"?
    A: The Buck Tag (AKA Body Tag, Build Tag) were used by the Body and Paint line to prepare the vehicle for completion.
    - Source: Marti Auto Works

Q: Where is the Buck Tag?
    A: Buck Tag Location (1), Buck Tag Location (2)

Q: What does the Buck Tag Look Like:
    A: Name:  368268B1-B70C-4294-B6EE-AD00A86B2FD8_zpsrgc1l9fb.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  154.2 KB
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12