Close

Default Some quick junkyard pics - El Paso Pick-A-Part

Here are some small cell phone shots from an impromptu excursion to the Mega U-pull-it in El Paso. Not pictured are '87 and '88 turbo coupes, one with a complete rearend and the other pretty stripped. Also there were a couple of four banger aeros and V6 SN95s, nothing special otherwise. I'll be making a pilgrimage back down that way in the near future for some of the bird parts. Enjoy!

1979 Base Model Coupe- 351w, C4, 3.73s, the fun machine- Now getting a lot more well deserved mileage put on her!
    2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2200 Class C motorhome on an E-450 chassis. Oh yeah!
    2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV Premium- Marine Blue w/ 5-speed, awesome little car.

You should pull the marchals off that early TC and poor 85/86 GT vert .
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

That poor orphaned Capri!
    "In God we trust, all others we monitor"

SVTOA# 3555

Nice! Do we know the condition of the vert's doors and is the right one still on it?

wow poor cars, they all looked straight and were probably in good condition when they were taken there ... I always wonder why cars like that end up in a yard ... when they might have been able to be fixed?
    I'm holdin on your rope, got me 10 feet off the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    wow poor cars, they all looked straight and were probably in good condition when they were taken there ... I always wonder why cars like that end up in a yard ... when they might have been able to be fixed?
    Cause people are to lazy to fix anything and if they tried to sell it they still want big money .
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Some cars are cars that get towed, people go and give their title to avoid paying the charges. So the car ends up getting sold to the junk yard.
    86 GT 5speed. TFS1, explorer motor, Edelbrock heads.

Were the 4 eye cars part of the Cash for clunkers? I haven't seen any local foxes that were part of that yet.

You never see that many good fox parts in yards around here.

You should pull the marchals off that early TC and poor 85/86 GT vert .
    That wasn't one of the TC's. I'm pretty sure those were Hella's and not Marchals. I had my eyes open for the Marchals, I know how much you guys like 'em. The vert was about the most stripped out of all of them, but none were actually wrecked.

Nice! Do we know the condition of the vert's doors and is the right one still on it?
    The 'vert still had both doors, no interior panels but as I recall they were pretty straight and both still had good glass.

Were the 4 eye cars part of the Cash for clunkers? I haven't seen any local foxes that were part of that yet.
    Nope. These looked like they've been there a good while. Now that you mention it, I didn't see anything that was a cash for clunkers car.

I think the Capri was the only V8 car, the 'vert was too gone for me to tell and I can't read door codes. I tried not too stay long as it was pushing 95 degrees and I didn't have a hat or any water. It was a lot of walking too, the section was everything Ford so I was walking up and down almost every row to find the real treasures. If you look behind the cars in the first two pics you can see the 2.3l aero coupes too.
    1979 Base Model Coupe- 351w, C4, 3.73s, the fun machine- Now getting a lot more well deserved mileage put on her!
    2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2200 Class C motorhome on an E-450 chassis. Oh yeah!

man i could use some parts off the supercab in the 3rd pic
    '66 mustang coupe- 89 302ho T-5Z 3.80's

Quote Originally Posted by superhighoutput View Post
    well if they start sending me checks again,FREE DASH PADS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

man i could use some parts off the supercab in the 3rd pic
    I thought someone would chime in about that. There were only a couple of those in the yard but I don't remember any one being wrecked. I love those old trucks and hate to see them getting scrapped. If you're looking for small parts I can see what I can grab next time out.

I need a pair of hellas for my ASC. Would you mind finding out what he wants?

Quote Originally Posted by SRM351 View Post
    That wasn't one of the TC's. I'm pretty sure those were Hella's and not Marchals. I had my eyes open for the Marchals, I know how much you guys like 'em. The vert was about the most stripped out of all of them, but none were actually wrecked.

The 'vert still had both doors, no interior panels but as I recall they were pretty straight and both still had good glass.

Nope. These looked like they've been there a good while. Now that you mention it, I didn't see anything that was a cash for clunkers car.

I think the Capri was the only V8 car, the 'vert was too gone for me to tell and I can't read door codes. I tried not too stay long as it was pushing 95 degrees and I didn't have a hat or any water. It was a lot of walking too, the section was everything Ford so I was walking up and down almost every row to find the real treasures. If you look behind the cars in the first two pics you can see the 2.3l aero coupes too.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Someone clarify for me how it goes around here....

Is the point of this thread (and other similar ones) for the OP to offer to get parts for FEP members?

Quote Originally Posted by metalman302 View Post
    Someone clarify for me how it goes around here....

Is the point of this thread (and other similar ones) for the OP to offer to get parts for FEP members?
    Not necessarily. I think for the most part we FEP members are just picture hounds and love to see four eyes shined, driven, wrecked or junked.

I guess it depends on the OP. When I post junkyard pics, most of the time it's just for the enjoyment of sharing the story and experience. I don't think I'd be offended though if someone would ask me to grab a few parts for them.

Point being, I don't think there is anything written in stone about junkyard posts.
    83 GT, T-tops, 8.8
    Zombieland quote of the week - "You need to get a gun and learn how to use it which leads me to my second rule, the double tap. In those moments when you're not sure that the undead are really dead-dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets, I mean one more clean shot to the head. You can avoid becoming a human happy meal. Woulda, shoulda, coulda."

I need a pair of hellas for my ASC. Would you mind finding out what he wants?
    I will check on them but I'm pretty sure one was busted. I scanned their price list before I left and they seemed very fair so if they're serviceable I'll grab 'em.

Those are Marchals. I have Hellas on my car.They are smaller than the Marchals. Go back and get them. They are worth it.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler

Chris Wood

The Capri, you know you could sell the entire front clip off of it. I hate to see it that way, if I were closer I'd pick it up.

The Capri, you know you could sell the entire front clip off of it. I hate to see it that way, if I were closer I'd pick it up.
    Man there's another Capri around here too. I'll have to get some more pics up this weekend. I hate to see 'em that way too but living on the Air Force Base here really limits what I can keep around. My house is only around 1200 square feet, much smaller than what we're used to being in so storage space is at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by SRM351 View Post
    Man there's another Capri around here too. I'll have to get some more pics up this weekend. I hate to see 'em that way too but living on the Air Force Base here really limits what I can keep around. My house is only around 1200 square feet, much smaller than what we're used to being in so storage space is at a premium.

let me know if the other capri is an 85-86 RS. I need front pieces and have paypal funds available