Close

Default help locate a T5

I was in Phoenix this past weekend and couldn't find what I really needed the most. A T5 for a 5.0.

Mine is on the way out really fast as I no longer have 1st unless I'm rolling and down shift at less then 5 MPH. 3rd has always had a grind but now it's really bad and 4th is doing it roughly every other shift. 5th and reverse grind pretty much every time since I have to go into 5th in order to get into reverse. 2Nd is the only gear I have NO grinding but it's a real pain to shift into 2nd.

Not sure I have many miles left on this trans but it HAS to get me through the week. I need a T5 I can rebuild so I don't have to pull this one just in case I have to drive the car this summer.

Pick-a-part, ecology and a couple others have listed their RWD manual transmissions at 85+ core. If anyone happens to spot one in the yard please let me know so I can come down and get it. I really need one bad and at that price I can still afford the parts needed to rebuild it.

86 50CPRI

5.0 T-5's are snapped up as fast as..... rarely are they to be found,but I can check around for you.

Don't make a special trip. Just if anyone happens to see one while out and about please drop me a line. I'm looking and may have a lead on one for 350 plus shipping. Just that I would rather buy one I know needs rebuilding at the cheap price.

I have a neighbor who races dirt track. I stopped by this past Saturday to see what he does with his stock parts that get removed before racing. He had a T5 on the floor that he said was good. I think you could have it for 200.00 plus freight.
    As for the interior parts and such, he informed me that I missed him by a couple of days. apparently he had taken a whole truck load of parts to the dump.

I also have an account here at the shop to be able to ship truck freight and possibly save some money.

86 50CPRI

I've located a core of unknown/unseen condition, from a friend, is going to need a rebuild kit,maybe some hard parts. $50.00.. I can get pics later this week,if needed.

As long as it's a WC t5, meaning from 85 and newer, I should be able to work with it.

pete that would be perfect. I'm going to be in Phoenix this weekend picking up a 5.8 from pick a part on broadway & 35th. It would be nice if I could kill two birds with one stone. Can you find out what year and what motor it was behind? I know 4 cyl T5 need different input shafts but thats ok I can work with a few hard parts needing to be replaced