Close

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Engine shot. Everything is there except reservoir cap and dipstick for some reason. A/C hoses look new, which is unreal as they are 25 years old.

First interior shot. Everything is there except, radar detector, Kenwood but it has a factory cassette player and the wheel is peeling up. #20 Plaque is on the mint dash. Seats have zero rips or stains.

Last edited by 86asccoupe20; 03-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

My buddy told me I should be arrested for what i paid for this barn find piece of history. It did leave me with no money whatsoever. Need to sell some parts to get the project moving.
    Last edited by 86asccoupe20; 05-30-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    Stan

Here is a couple of quick pics on Chets trailer. As soon as I save a little, I will get a new Motorcraft battery, new oil, coolant, dipstick, some new gas and fire it up. Hopefully by next weekend. Chet and I tried to give it a quick fire but it was getting late and the battery was too old. I wish I could get a pic of the frame rails. The original paint is still on them and they look like the car was built last week. More pics tomorrow. Thanks y'all.
    Last edited by 86asccoupe20; 03-07-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Stan

This is crazy. Congrats on the find.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Neither here nor there

So cool Stan!

Wonder if the motor is original, I see the 87+ intake plate on it. Not that it can't be easily swapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    So cool Stan!

Wonder if the motor is original, I see the 87+ intake plate on it. Not that it can't be easily swapped.
    Jeff, great question. I just dont know so much about Mustangs and capris like you guys. I sent a question to Scout for his feedback on that. Where is the engine code for me to compare?
    Stan

very cool,hope to see this on the fall cruise
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Looks like an awesome start to what will be another very cool ride.

Congrats on the find,that's going to be a beautiful ASC when you get through with it
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

Stan this looks great. You probably aren't too upset about that saleen falling through now. If it's still got 10" front brakes and you need parts for them to get it on the road let me know. Everything I just took off of mine when I did the 11" swap is in fine shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GT-79FJ40 View Post
    Stan this looks great. You probably aren't too upset about that saleen falling through now. If it's still got 10" front brakes and you need parts for them to get it on the road let me know. Everything I just took off of mine when I did the 11" swap is in fine shape.
    Ken, funny thing. I got rid of all my old 10 inch stuff, not thinking I would ever need them again. Things do happen for a reason. I am super-psyched except for the fact that my wife wants major progress on the bathroom before I start on this. Heard that before.
    Stan

Wowww nice save and its different too. I mean the blue/orange ones are nice but you never see any of the other colored ones. Also good score on the other parts as those would suck to try and find. Congrats .
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

I couldn't imagine the price tag you paid for this. I'm sure it wasn't cheap at all
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

Stan, indoor remodeling projects can be done any time of year. But being in New England we only have a few months of the year where we can enjoy our cars. That time is now. And it's almost father's day too. Maybe she'll cut you a little slack. You should really only need a few full long days to get it cleaned up and on the road I would think. Maybe take a few vacation days?

Neither here nor there

Stan, indoor remodeling projects can be done any time of year. But being in New England we only have a few months of the year where we can enjoy our cars. That time is now. And it's almost father's day too. Maybe she'll cut you a little slack. You should really only need a few full long days to get it cleaned up and on the road I would think. Maybe take a few vacation days?

I like the way this ^^^^^ guy thinks

Well I guess i'm the lucky one. i got to see this car in person and when i tell you guys this car is a great find, its no joke....The undecarage is like it was built yesterday. Unforntantly the batt. i brought was junk but it did almost start. i can't wait till see this car come together. Like i told Stan this car #20 is a big part of FOX body history....All the parts Stan recieved with the car including molding where wrapped in Ford plastic CRAZY..No rust and very staight and mint interior... GOOD LUCK Stan and can't wait to work on it.

I am so psyched to have this car. One of 28 with popup sun roof. #20.
    Working on it taking a few vacation days but am flat broke now. I am putting a few things on craigs to help build up some money for battery, oil filter/oil, antifreeze, oil dipstick, plugs, etc. I ran a carfax today and verified the 65,220 miles and its 2 owner history. Next thing is to verify the engine although there isnt much i can do if its not the original.
    Stan

Awesome find! I would have killed for an '86 when I bought mine.
    85 McLaren Capri Coupe -Blue/orange, 5 spd, sunroof

05 GT -5 spd, Supercharged

Just got off the phone with the second or third owner. Great guy. Gave me some more info on the car and was hoping to find some pictures of it when he owned it in 95-96. He also may have some more of the parts that might be missing around his brothers garage.
    Funny thing he was talking to one of his old friends a few days ago reminiscing about the car and where it may be today. Turns out the original engine was grenaded 15 years ago and hasnt been driven since.
    Stan

That's interesting. I've thought of trying to track down the previous owners (besides the kid I got it from) of my car too. I have names in some of the paperwork I have. So I guess this means the engine in it is a complete unknown as far as condition goes. Now you really need to get it running!

I called the guy I got it from. It was pulled form a very low mile hit Mustang. 86 he thought. When you take the oil cap off it looks brand spanken new in there. My goal is to get oil and filter tomorrow and a dipstick. May try to borrow a battery to get it running.
    Someone is coming to look at some parts tongiht. that would be a big help too. Wish me luck.
    Stan

Stan is it running yet?

hey Ken, Getting close. I have a couple calls out there for a dipstick and tube. For some reason, there not there, along with a couple ohter things I need before I drive it. I changed the oil, filter and air filter tonight. For some reason they threw the motor in but never finished buttoning up everything. Power steering hoses are loose also. I borrowed a battery today so all I need is to plug the dipstick hole and I can start it up. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon. Need to put in 3 hours in the bathroom in the AM but my friend mike is coming over to help me with that at 9ish. Thanks for asking.
    Stan

I got two walls down in the bathroom today and hauled the sheetrock and old tiles to the dump. I helped my friend get a couple stripped bolts out of his Miata. He got the car this week for free but it has had a ripped top for a couple years. Then I went home, put the battery in and started the car right up. Runs nice.
    Stan

Alright, glad to hear it. Did you try and move it under it's own power?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast