Close

Default CJ Pony Parts' Seat Reinforcements

Is there anyone who's familiar with these reinforcements and how exactly they weld onto the bottom of the car? CJ Pony can't give me a straight answer nor instructions. Apparently these reinforcements can fit on the bottom, despite being contoured, either way when they're flipped. Does anyone have pics of these welded in or a How-To with pics? Much appreciated!
    '86 Mustang GT T-Top, 5-lug Cobra brake swap done
    '96 Mustang Cobra 302rwhp 296rwtq, Sold and missed
    '11 Mustang GT/CS, Traded and will be missed
    '13 Taurus SHO, Performance Pack, hit and run, totalled
    '17 Fusion Sport, Livernois tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Rear Swaybar, Big Mouth Ram Air, GFB+ valve, Steeda Catch can, TTR FMIC (Garrett Core)

not much info on them. they look like they just weld up under the rear of the seat track-looks like they bolt onto the seat just like the subframe connectors with the t. i'd like to hear if anyone has used or installed this-look like a nice piece if they work.

Yes I really want to see a pic with these installed especially.
    '17 Fusion Sport, Livernois tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Rear Swaybar, Big Mouth Ram Air, GFB+ valve, Steeda Catch can, TTR FMIC (Garrett Core)

If these are the same ones I added they are installed with 4 rivets. My 84 SVO and 85GT had them added by the factory with rivets, but not welded. I'm out of town right now, but hopefully someone can post some pics otherwise I will when I get back next week.
    1984 SVO 2A - Sold
    1993 Cobra Teal
    2009 Shelby GT500 KR

Quote Originally Posted by gotboost? View Post
    If these are the same ones I added they are installed with 4 rivets. My 84 SVO and 85GT had them added by the factory with rivets, but not welded. I'm out of town right now, but hopefully someone can post some pics otherwise I will when I get back next week.
    I know they're the same ones that LRS sells if that helps. These appear to be weld-on types of reinforcement though.

These are unmodified Ford Motorsport seat-floor reinforcements installed with Ford Motorsport sub frame connectors.
    Perfect match. Mounting is to the seat studs. One nut keeps falling off.
    Driver and passenger side:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/album.ph...ictureid=11620
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/album.ph...ictureid=11619

If I recall correctly, the two holes line up with the rear seat studs, and they are welded or riveted to the inside of the floor pan.

I noticed that my '86 has a bunch of rivets sticking out the bottom of the floor pan in that area, so I'm guessing my car has some type of reinforcement installed. They may even be factory, because the rivets are painted body color.

On the '79, the floor pan cracked in that area, so I had it welded. A strip of sheet metal was drilled for the seat mount holes and tack welded every couple of inches to the inside of the pan. The pieces were shaped like a "C" so they ran from the inner rocker panel side down to the floor, over to the trans tunnel, and up the tunnel a few inches. No problems.
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 04-23-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

I got the same setup as boost on my 83,pop rivited on ,only guessing it was factory
    here's to the freakin' weekend,I'll drink to that

I have one of those from CJ Pony. never installed it was never sure how it went
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...t=72659&page=2

This link was posted on my thread--it shows a CJ Pony Parts' Seat Reinforcements being installed in a couple of the pics.
    -John-Paul
    1983 Mustang GT