I am surprised that I missed this "discussion" years ago too.

I voted, but wasn't in the majority!

To me if the Capri was born with the Bubble Deformity then you accept it and learn to love it! A little plastic surgery with a nice spoiler really helps out and improve the looks too!

I prefer the 79-82 Capri with the flat hatch, but that is because I personally really like the early Capri tail lights and although I am generally an aero package kind of guy, I like the lean muscular look of the early Capri without the RS air dam. The Bulge hood scoop, the 3 piece rear spoiler and nothing else!

The only change I would make to my 82 RS if I could would be the front bumper cover below the belt molding would be more like the 85/86 GT with the fog lamps. Nothing crazy, but just a bit fuller on the chin to give the illusion of a bit lower stance up front. Besides I love integrated fog lamps.

Oh and before everyone flames me for my first comments remember that I do own a 1984 RS that when I bought it had a flat hatch on it! I went thru the exhaustive hatch enlargement surgery to return it to it's original bubble back glory!