Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FEP Senior Member

maybe the honda racing refers to his cycles?

Got a Few Updated pics after cleaning the car, i am gonna get the buffer out sometime next week, to see if i can bring some of the paint back.

And BTW that wasnt tint on the back window it was BLACK PAINT!!

And can anyone tell me more about the sticker in the last pic and what thats all about??????????

No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

wow, that thing looks solid for a northern car! good luck with it.
    '66 mustang coupe- 89 302ho T-5Z 3.80's

Quote Originally Posted by superhighoutput View Post
    well if they start sending me checks again,FREE DASH PADS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

Here you go themustangman:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=25065

I need to do this, as my exhaust is still stock except for the mufflers.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

COOL Thanks Banzai!!!

List of rust i found
    Hatch (as normal)
    passenger rear bumper shock
    one spot under driver side in clutch area (Minor)
    and the door pinch welds are completely shot from the dew wipe being completly gone almost.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

I'm guessing it's about the h-pipe. I had this sticker on my 87GT
    years ago after a recall on the factory h-pipe
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

ooo, pull out the briar-be-gone and that will be a nice toy!
    ~Shawn

1979 Mercury Capri-5.0/C4
    2010 Cool Vanilla Cream Dodge Charger R/T
    1978 Suzuki GS750E
    1993 Ford Mustang, calypso green, 2.3 auto-sold

Having 30 cars rotting in your yard does NOT make you a collector. If its sinking in the dirt, sell it or grab a wrench.

Stopped at a JY today that, i had previously picked up, my hydroboost, and other parts from for the 82 and I knew a smashed SN had a Tri-Ax Shifter handle in it, so i went and pick that up today for the 86.

$10 for a $30 dollar shift lever not bad, now the 82 and the 86 have the same shift lever, VERY COOL.
    I will take some removal/install pics when i get a chance.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Yesterday i decided to install the Tri-Ax and after starting to remove the console, i come to find out that the ENTIRE console was held in place with ONE screw!!!! It was the one under the console armrest on the passenger side, what a bunch of turds.

Since i had it torn down enuff to replace the shifter, i decided to have a look under the shifter plate, so i removed the 4 bolts and...... now i know why the synchros are out of second it was filled with Auto trans fluid (good) & GEAR OIL (bad)............
    Now, if you are not smart enuff to know what goes in the car, wouldnt u find out? And if u are not willing to do something right dont do it at all WTF!!!!

Also, i got a minute today to find out exactly what happened to the radio, and why it was not wired in and the PO claimed the batt was being drained by the radio.
    He had the all-time, and switched power connected together, again if u dont know what ur doing leave it the F*** alone.

Sorry Rant Over.
    No Longer a 4I Owner

86 50CPRI

Time for the SEM trim paint and that GT wont look so 'tired'. Refresh that and it will look like a different car. Faded trim really makes it look neglected. Good luck with fixing all the little 'bugs'!

Thought i would give u guys some pics of before and after a quick buffing session, check it out

No Longer a 4I Owner

No Longer a 4I Owner

86 50CPRI

awesome!! Im jealous..I wish I had pigment left to polish...

Hey man! thanks! u & banzaii about the only two regulars that posts in my build threads!!! THX!!!

That AZ sand must beat the heck out of the paint!!
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Quote Originally Posted by drewpeltier View Post
    How the heck can a person put Honda Racing on a Ford? Geez. Great project!
    It is probably referring to Honda motorcyles or dirt bikes.
    84 Mustang GT, 91 roller motor,Gt40 heads, vic jr intake, quickfuel 650 carb, MSD ignition, TFS stage 1 cam, 3.73gears in 8.8, rear disc conversion, some nitrous.

The car looks good. I can;t wait to see it all done up. Going to mod it or leave it stock?
    84 Mustang GT, 91 roller motor,Gt40 heads, vic jr intake, quickfuel 650 carb, MSD ignition, TFS stage 1 cam, 3.73gears in 8.8, rear disc conversion, some nitrous.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfreak300 View Post
    The car looks good. I can;t wait to see it all done up. Going to mod it or leave it stock?
    ah..... i dont know yet i am still tryin to work the bugs out of my 82 to get that as a summer DD.

But the more i think about it the wilder ideas i get, LOL
    One idea i had was a Mod Motor (nothin fancy) then maybe add a charger or turbo down the road LOL and then use the 86 harness to install EFI in the 82 LOL

So yeah i have some ideas.
    My immediate plans are to Get the T5 fixed and i think the 302 may need some new gaskets too LOL
    5 Lug it the ez way so i can get some better rollin stock on there LOL
    then just drive it as a DD.
    A trip out of town for work last week runnin down highway 90 at 80mph i was turnin right around 2k and got 27mpg thats 7 better than my V6 LHS lol
    No Longer a 4I Owner

ALMOST FORGOT!!!!
    Check out what i found in the driver side stuffed in the rear fender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad i found these now before they blew a hole in the fender!!!!
    30.06 shells!! and a B&M shifter handle that doesnt fit!!! LOL
    No Longer a 4I Owner

Timeless treasures... !!!

Man that 86 will make you a nice highway car. I like the 92 ponys myself. Though they are only 4 lug.

I think the best picture for me so far was of the spare tire well. Thats how you know you got a solid fox body right there. I kind of use that as one of the first checks. If you can see through to the ground probably safe to say the frame rails arent in very good shape either....
    1983 GLX 5.0/T5 Vert
    ---------------------
    Cars I have had
    1984 Capri
    1983 GT 5.0/4
    1986 GT 5.0/T5
    1981 L

1972 Sport Coup
    1971 Mach 1 351/4v FMX Killer / Floor pans optional

That looks waaaaay better. Wanna do mine??

Sounds like you have the dreaded 2.73s like I do.
    They're great on the hwy, but suck for stop 'n' go traffic.
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 05-03-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

I just noticed your Good Cleaner in the picture. LFMAO....
    1983 GLX 5.0/T5 Vert
    ---------------------
    Cars I have had
    1984 Capri
    1983 GT 5.0/4
    1986 GT 5.0/T5
    1981 L

1972 Sport Coup
    1971 Mach 1 351/4v FMX Killer / Floor pans optional

I didn't even notice...
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

Interesting shop lights you have hanging in your garage.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

86 50CPRI

while the sand doesn't help,but it is more the intensity of the sun that does us in.
    Metallic Silver doesn't stand a chance. The car was painted at the dealer 15-17 years ago or so,but it was only single stage..like the factory. When it gets re-done, rest assured there will be lots and lots of clear!

I know what you mean. After I moved back from Utah, Nevada, California, The '79 looks like it's only in primer. Those sand storms suck!!!
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast