Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by banzaibullitt View Post
    No, this one:

[IMG][/IMG]
    TTT
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

FEP Power Member

[/QUOTE]

170mph speedo huh?... never seen that before.

pretty cool
    Original Member of 'The Anti-Cowl Hood Club' and 'The Ten-Hole Mafia'.

Quote Originally Posted by memphis306 View Post
    correct

wolf ,not grant,was the supplier for the 4 spoke wheels on the '84-85's

I stand corrected. That's what happens when I have focused on my 69 BOSS for the last 10 years, while the Saleen has been sitting and fading (along with my memory).

Wolf it is.
    - 1965 Mustang Conv. A-Code 4 spd.
    - 1966 Mustang Conv. 4 spd
    - 1969 Mustang Mach 1 - M Code
    - 1986 Saleen Mustang #26 (Saugus Speedway Pacecar)
    - 2005 Mustang GT S197
    - 1957 Ford Thunderbird Dusk Rose

* Current

I have a question.........what if your original wheel has cruise control? I would like to maybe replace my factory wheel but I don't want to lose the cruise option.

Quote Originally Posted by drewpeltier View Post
    I have a question.........what if your original wheel has cruise control? I would like to maybe replace my factory wheel but I don't want to lose the cruise option.
    You'll have to find something like the Saleen Cruise Control set up pictured below...good luck, it's a TOUGH find:

- 1965 Mustang Conv. A-Code 4 spd.
    - 1966 Mustang Conv. 4 spd
    - 1969 Mustang Mach 1 - M Code
    - 1986 Saleen Mustang #26 (Saugus Speedway Pacecar)
    - 2005 Mustang GT S197
    - 1957 Ford Thunderbird Dusk Rose

* Current

Quote Originally Posted by 69boss View Post
    You'll have to find something like the Saleen Cruise Control set up pictured below...good luck, it's a TOUGH find:
    nah,mark will make one for ya
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Salee...23182202278880
    if you cant fix it with a hammer.......you've got an electrical problem

All the wheels on the Mustang SUCK, including aftermarket. I think the 2 spoke is digestible, but even then it's "OK, it's there."

Someone needs to product a REAL WHEEL for these.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops View Post
    All the wheels on the Mustang SUCK, including aftermarket. I think the 2 spoke is digestible, but even then it's "OK, it's there."

so momo is good enough for lamborghini,ferrari,maserati,etc,etc but not good enough for your mustang? its just a wheel,what else do you want it to do?

TTT
    If i am not mistaken that spring once the wheel is on keeps the correct pressure on the bearings in the shaft. and the only reason i think that is the column in my el camino i had had the same spring and after removing it the column bearings and other parts took a crap and i had to switch columns i think its the same for the Stangs IDK though
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops View Post

I personally dont like looking at Steering wheels on the net because when ya see them in person they are way beyond what they look like in the pics (quality and cool factor wise LOL)

And i personally like the factory wheels and that four spoke saleen would look mint in the 82 IMO
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

An '83 notch appeard in the j/y that I go to yesterday. It had a wheel like this one in it but was missing the center button. I don't recall it having the small round holes but rather had notches around the center hole like you would push in the button and turn it to lock in. I passed on it because it wasn't in the greatest shape. I couldn't find a name or logo on it. It might have been a cheap look-alike knock off but the car looked like it had been really nice in the not too distant past.

FEP Power Member

Default I'd like too see some wooden wheels.

Anyone with a Grant mahogany wheel?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    If i am not mistaken that spring once the wheel is on keeps the correct pressure on the bearings in the shaft. and the only reason i think that is the column in my el camino i had had the same spring and after removing it the column bearings and other parts took a crap and i had to switch columns i think its the same for the Stangs IDK though
    Hmmmm... interesting.

85GT-79FJ40 told me he removed the spring in 2006. He's put on about 30k miles since then and has had no problems.

Anyone else??
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

Quote Originally Posted by 69boss View Post

Those buttons kind of looks common to the cruise wheel for 85-86, though they're probably not. I'm sure some heatshrink on the cruise wiring to protect it down into the steering column would suffice, but the mounts would certainly have to be fabricated, but I'm sure there's someone on this forum that could fab some mounts for the buttons.
    '86 Mustang GT T-Top, 5-lug Cobra brake swap done
    '96 Mustang Cobra 302rwhp 296rwtq, Sold and missed
    '11 Mustang GT/CS, Traded and will be missed
    '13 Taurus SHO, Performance Pack, hit and run, totalled
    '17 Fusion Sport, Livernois tune, Steeda CAI, Steeda Rear Swaybar, Big Mouth Ram Air, GFB+ valve, Steeda Catch can, TTR FMIC (Garrett Core)

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by memphis306 View Post
    Who is Mark ?? Is he a FEP member ??? What is his user name ???

FEP Senior Member

The 86 through 88 (or whenever the wheels received airbags) was labeled V-35 from Momo which I believe was titled as a Veloce at the time. Although the Monte Carlo wheel is very similar, it had the bumps at 10 and 2 as was previously mentioned. Mine's not in the best of shape but it is original to the car:

Also a handful of 86's received the Momo Master wheel as seen here on 86-46:
    1986 (2A) Saleen #120.

Quote Originally Posted by 86GTdriver View Post
    Those buttons kind of looks common to the cruise wheel for 85-86, though they're probably not. I'm sure some heatshrink on the cruise wiring to protect it down into the steering column would suffice, but the mounts would certainly have to be fabricated, but I'm sure there's someone on this forum that could fab some mounts for the buttons.
    Hey...that's my wheel! The buttons are from an 88 GT. I fabbed up the mount from sheet metal from Lowe's. The steering wheel is a Momo 12.5" Monte Carlo.
    85 GT, 331 Stroker, Forged crank/pistons, AFR185's, 1.6 rollers, CompCams blower cam (35-312-8 ), Performer RPM Intake, Summit Racing 600, MAC 1 3/4" Ceramic Shorties, Stainless 2 1/2" X-pipe, MAC Cat-back w/ 3" tail pipes, Poly bushings front 2 back, 10.5" clutch upgrade, WC T-5, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Tri-ax handle, Granitelli LCA's, BBK Specific Rates, 8.8 w/ 3.73's & Ground Pounder Girdle kit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4j41_xXQM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPrj...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by DeraldRice View Post
    Who is Mark ?? Is he a FEP member ??? What is his user name ???
    a mustang enthusiast and machinist....yes....mardis

FEP Member
    Garden City, Texas, small town in the middle of no where.

if i had a good picture and some dimensions of some mounts i could easily fab some up
    -Jacob

Cars:
    85 GT T-TOP Hatch (resto project)

Exclamation STEERING COLUMN SPRING ENIGMA SOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    Hmmmm... interesting.

85GT-79FJ40 told me he removed the spring in 2006. He's put on about 30k miles since then and has had no problems.

Anyone else??
    Yesterday, I called the Ford Tech Line 800-3673-788. The engineer wasn't positive, but he thought the spring was there just to keep clearances in check.

I called Grant this morning and they said that only the cruise control vehicles have the spring. They thought the spring was only there for vibration dampening.

The Grant tech said you must remove the spring because it interfers with the adapter. The cruise control adapter instructions state this, but the #3289 instructions do not state this.
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 04-21-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

Put this Grant in last week.

-Scott

2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t Limited[/COLOR][/B]

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSchool View Post
    Put this Grant in last week.

That's the look I'm after....
    What model is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thewizard View Post
    That's the look I'm after....
    What model is that?
    It's the Grant 1020
    -Scott

2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t Limited[/COLOR][/B]

They still using that crap 3-bolt hub adapter design from the '50s?
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

I like my 86's 3 spoke, but have thought many times of going aftermarket. Anyone know of a place that re-wraps wheels? Sorry Not meaning to hijack the thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast