Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I dared to be different. Its not stock so does it count as aftermarket??? 1989 T-Bird Super Coupe wheel. $35.00 bucks!
    1986 GT Vert 5.0 EFI ,AOD,3.27's,K&N CAI Kit,2 1/2 H-pipe,No Cats,Flowmaster 40 series.

I've been Happy with the look and feel of my Momo Race leather wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Has anyone ever put a Grant Challenger wheel (3-spoke) in a Fox Mustang? If they have, I'd love to see a pic of how it looks. I've had a mild fascination with this particular wheel ever since I saw one in an NPD catalog.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    Has anyone ever put a Grant Challenger wheel (3-spoke) in a Fox Mustang? If they have, I'd love to see a pic of how it looks. I've had a mild fascination with this particular wheel ever since I saw one in an NPD catalog.
    Here's mine, it's the collector's edition the challenger is similar but has a larger hub
    86' 2R T-Top GT - Weekend Fun/Track Days/the occasional Auto-X (CP)
    94' Civic Hatch - Daily Driver/Auto-X Toy (SMF)
    95' White F150 Lightning - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by opntrk86 View Post
    Here's mine, it's the collector's edition the challenger is similar but has a larger hub
    That looks pretty good! Is it my imagination, or is the Challenger wheel a smaller diameter than the stock factory wheel?
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizard View Post
    Following up on my steering wheel endeavors...Instead of aftermarket I went OEM.

After much searching I found a decent deal on ebay.
    Before..

After..
    Wiz,

Looks good! Form over function? Just curious, did you just say 'bye-bye' to cruise or is it hooked up another way?
    Mike
    1986 GT Convertible. Owned since 87. 189,000+ miles
    Medium canyon red metallic with custom charcoal grey/black two-tone leather interior
    Original stock 5.0 H.O. and T-5 manual
    Eibach pro-kit convertible springs

I also like the way u did the dash bezels in gray thinking with my setup i might paint mine charcoal
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by 86GTConv View Post
    Wiz,

Looks good! Form over function? Just curious, did you just say 'bye-bye' to cruise or is it hooked up another way?
    The cruise is fully operational, it's just a matter of putting the cruise wheel back on. After wanting a non cruise wheel for a long time, now a have three lol.

But the more a look at it, the more I miss the original cruise wheel, which I might just end up putting back on.
    Original Member of 'The Anti-Cowl Hood Club' and 'The Ten-Hole Mafia'.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by lil86hatch View Post
    I also like the way u did the dash bezels in gray thinking with my setup i might paint mine charcoal
    Thanks.. That was a mission all on its own. I think I made a thread on that last year, try searching it..there should be pics.

I just want to convert my stock one to a pull off.

I loved the feel of the Supercoupe steering wheel. I never thought about putting it in a Mustang. looks good.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

Quote Originally Posted by eric5oh View Post
    I loved the feel of the Supercoupe steering wheel. I never thought about putting it in a Mustang. looks good.
    Thanks!!! It looks a bit different today!

Before.....
    1986 GT Vert 5.0 EFI ,AOD,3.27's,K&N CAI Kit,2 1/2 H-pipe,No Cats,Flowmaster 40 series.

FEP Power Member

^^Very nice!..that Pony center piece its like the icing on the cake.

Thanks!!! $60.00 total investment for an alternative cruise wheel. Wheel was $35.00 shipped and the pony centers were $25.00 for 4 shipped.

Kind of nice actually having something that says mustang in the car! Now what to do with the other 3 centers.....

Quote Originally Posted by wfriedman View Post
    Thanks!!! $60.00 total investment for an alternative cruise wheel. Wheel was $35.00 shipped and the pony centers were $25.00 for 4 shipped.

Kind of nice actually having something that says mustang in the car! Now what to do with the other 3 centers.....
    send me one haha

Does anyone know if the 87 Mustang cruise wheel will fit an 85/86 and the cruise buttons work? It looks better than the 85/86 cruise wheel IMO.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Does anyone know if the 87 Mustang cruise wheel will fit an 85/86 and the cruise buttons work? It looks better than the 85/86 cruise wheel IMO.
    Don't see why it wouldn't.

Just saw this on the FYI For Sale thread... 86 GT with the Aero wheel.

1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

I've currently got a 4 spoke momo in my 82, it's in rough shape but I found another momo on ebay for 130. and I also found the cool FMS horn button as well. I plan on installing them once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinn85 View Post
    Hey...that's my wheel! The buttons are from an 88 GT. I fabbed up the mount from sheet metal from Lowe's. The steering wheel is a Momo 12.5" Monte Carlo.
    Old post I know but how'd you tranfer the contactors over? I'd like to hook my crusie back up and If I remember correctly, there a circular contact in there for the wires to hook to so the wheel can spin without tangling up the wires....
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

My Momo Monte Carlo in suede from Maximum Motorsports

Mine isn't aftermarket, but it isn't what my car came with either. I switched out my cruise control wheel for the 3 spoke variety, with Ford Motorsport horn pad. I had to shave down the spokes to get it to fit just right, but it does and I love it. I am on the look out for an SVO wheel to replace the 3 spoke, but for now I am happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 84turbostang View Post
    what wheel is that?
    x2 ???

I have a question regarding steering wheel hardware. I am the original owner of my 86GT. Quite some years ago in the early 90's, i decided to replace the factory cruise steering wheel to a Grant 3 spoke type of steering. I remember purchasing a installation kit from Grant along with the new steering wheel. The install was simple. I am going to replace the Grant steering wheel back to the factory non cruise steering. I don't remember what factory hardware was removed and thrown away when i installed the Grant wheel. Does anyone know what hardware is needed to reinstall the factory wheel. Is it just a simple bolt in?

Pennex, You should be able to remove just the old grant hub and install the original wheel with the original column bolt, you should'nt need anything else I'd think.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234