Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought about using those, even bought an infinity reference component set to use in them, But I dont think it would have worked well in a manual mustang.Doesnt look like much foot room.

Quote Originally Posted by 86fiveoh View Post
    I thought about using those, even bought an infinity reference component set to use in them, But I dont think it would have worked well in a manual mustang.Doesnt look like much foot room.
    There isn't much to be honest. If my car was a manual, then there no way they would have worked.

You think your stereo sucks....you should take a ride in my '82 GT Its got the original 28 year-old PREMIUM stereo with cassette baby...and it does NOT rock Its has a pull-amp switch for the back speakers, and all it does is makes a transister radio sound like....well, a transister radio that just got louder
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

ok hope i do this right...replace with a pioneer head unit because i heard that pioneer not only made great speakers they made excellent head units JVC is sold in any Walmart so and for the amps you can get one amp to control your (Mids-highs) or you fronts and backs... and if your getting distortion in your speakers your reaching their peak...usually on the back of the speaker all speakers are rated at peak and RMS you want to try getting it in the RMS region so you can get a 100 or 200watt amp and it would power all of your speakers comfortably only because the RMS is like 50 watts per speaker...now of the subs in the back i advise getting on sub because to distorts the sound of the bass...and like a 600 watt amp because RMS is like 300 so that should do it and if your still getting distortion in your speakers you can try getting a new antenna sometimes the signal has lots of interference through your speakers

wow got to excited for that one sorry about the grammer

I couldn't stand the sound getting bounced off the windshield so I built my own custom kick panels for an inexpensive set of 6.5" seperates. These and the rear 6x8's (which I think are jensen 2 ways) run off a Pioneer head unit which I think is rated at 25x4, but it's probably more like 15x4. I have a powered infinity basslink in the trunk. I'll bet my whole system cost $500 and it sounds pretty good. Plenty loud for highway cruising with the t-tops off. And my feet fit fine. I know the Q-forms premade panels would have annoyed me to no end.

Nice work!

any info on the construction of those? Im interested, it was something I thought about doing instead of the q logic pods

I did a brief write up when I first made them.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...om+kick+panels

thank you, I may take on this project. Any tips you have would be appreciated.

I would suggest picking up another set of panels just in case you screw them up. Beyond that just do LOTS of test fitting throughout the procedure. Once made these won't flex to go into place at all. My driver's side one actually has a small crack at the top where it meets the stock panel.

Yeah I planned on picking up a set to do it with. Do they still fasten in with the push pin?

No they don't. The push pins would never hold these in with the added weight and leverage from the speaker. Each one has a screw basically where the pin was and another screw under the sill strip.

Cool thanks, now I need to make a "kickpanels wanted" thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12