Close

Question Interior Colour Question...

Hey all !
    I just had a question about interior colour...

My buck tag says my '85GT has Sand Beige - Buckskin interior. What colour is Buckskin ? I know Sand Beige is the colour of the interior plastics etc... shouldn't that be the same for the carpet and seats ? The seats and carpet seem darker than the plastics though...I think Capriman posted some pics of such an interior somewhere on the site.

Anyhoo, this may be an important question when it comes time to order up carpet and seat upholstery. I saw some pics somewhere of "tan" seat uphosltery and it looked awful...well, maybe not awful, but it sure didn't match. It looked very light-coloured ?

I can could use any and all input on this one...75% of the reason I'm restoring my car is because of the rare colour combo, and how awesome it lookes when in new condition.

Thanks !
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT
    Medium Canyon Red Metallic Exterior ~ Sand Beige / Buckskin Interior

Just ask for color samples for the 3 closest colors in carpet that the vendor has.

FMR might know the best color but most vendors won't. They will just list the colors the manufacturer has which are fairly generic. You need the swatches to know what tan you need.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by negusm View Post
    Just ask for color samples for the 3 closest colors in carpet that the vendor has.

FMR might know the best color but most vendors won't. They will just list the colors the manufacturer has which are fairly generic. You need the swatches to know what tan you need.

-Mike
    I definitely plan to order from FMR...I hear nothing but good things
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Did the 85's have the same tan interior as 84. I ask because Jack just got his done and it looks great. Maybe you could get in touch with him and find out were he got his fabric and carpet from.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriASC View Post
    Did the 85's have the same tan interior as 84. I ask because Jack just got his done and it looks great. Maybe you could get in touch with him and find out were he got his fabric and carpet from.
    That's an excellent idea...

Say Jaa-aa-cckk !!!
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriASC View Post
    84 tan was called desert tan.

85-86 tan was called Sand Beige. The carpet and seat bolsters are a darker shade of tan....Buckskin ?

Original Owners Club
    Please post your name and ride in here:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/group.php?groupid=3

Yeah, I think 84 is a slightly different shade.

Yeah the seats and carpet have more of a brown to them (well when they're new lol). I saw a pic of the new aftermarket set in tan (buckskin whatever lol) and it was way off, very light like they tried to match the plastic . Thats why when I redo my seats in my 2A I have to have FMR use the NOS fabric and have it custom made (another $1200 im gonna sink into this car lol).

O and hey CobraGT40 nice to see another 2A/sand beige interior GT around .
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Okay that took a little bit but i found them. Heres a link to what new buckskin seat SHOULD look like (just scroll down a bit)

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=83703

After readin it again this car that a lil over 4K miles on it .
    Last edited by 85 GT Kid; 04-01-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.

who is the company FMR

Fox mustang restoration they deal in all fox mustang parts. They also sell NOS stuff too. The people that make the seats are a company called TMI.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 85 GT Kid View Post
    Yeah the seats and carpet have more of a brown to them (well when they're new lol). I saw a pic of the new aftermarket set in tan (buckskin whatever lol) and it was way off, very light like they tried to match the plastic . Thats why when I redo my seats in my 2A I have to have FMR use the NOS fabric and have it custom made (another $1200 im gonna sink into this car lol).

O and hey CobraGT40 nice to see another 2A/sand beige interior GT around .
    Back at ya, Kid !
    That's one sharp ride you have there...I prefer the phone-dial wheels, but your car looks awesome with those Bullits...I think its because of how the grey matches the trim...

Anyhoo...great lookin' GT !
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Thanks man . I like the bullitts but I want to get something different (most likely saleen SC wheels).
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5

Quote Originally Posted by 85 GT Kid View Post
    Thanks man . I like the bullitts but I want to get something different (most likely saleen SC wheels).
    I'd keep it the way it is...Those Bullits look fantastic on that '85
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT