Close

Default Door hinges without rollers?

I'm trying to get rid of some parts that have been collected over the years. Noticed while going thru my collection of doors that the two pair of t top/vert doors have different hinge than the hard top doors.

The hard top doors have a plain hinge on the top and a roller wheel on the botom hinge. The vert-ttop doors have a tension spring with a sacrificial piece of metal they rub against on the upper and lower hinge.

Is this a normal difference between vert-t top/hardtop doors or some kind of year specific thing? The year of one pair of t top should be 82 as I removed them off of the car myself, the other set is unkown of year.

I dont think my 2 sets of vert doors have them but I could be wrong. Could also be an early door thing too.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

It may be a year thing. My 82t-top doors had the metal. i got a 84t-top door and it had the roller.

My 79 just has the rub strips of spring steel on top and bottom hinges. No rollers. The drivers side had both broken off from 30 years of flexing. Seems like the roller was an improvement.
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Anyone has a lead on the 79 tension springs, or another solution?

Can a complete hinge with roller tensioner of the 82-93 years be used on the 79- 82 cars?

Thanks in advance,
    Hans.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

It should, but you would have to reweld the door side hinge. A pain in the butt! I have done it myself.

Thanks, if the tension springs can 't be found anywhere that seems like the last remedy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk