Close

Default To spray dye or not to spray dye

I'm torn on what to do with my interior. I have a post on CL to trade it off if someone is interested in a decent regatta blue interior, but i'm pretty set on either spraying it black or trading it off for black or at least another color that's in good shape that i can spray black. Is there a real interest in the blue interiors? Should i be concerned with spraying it? Most of it is pretty faded anyways. I'll probably trade off the seats for sure though as they're in great shape and i don't trust trying to dye seats.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 KY Highway Patrol SSP Coupe
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

In my experience, vinyl dye doesn't last long in high wear areas like seats, door panels, and kick panels. If you have cloth seats, then it may work just fine as long as the color change isn't too much. Your best bet would be to find some black seats and door panels at a minimum. I used Turbocoupe seats in my coupe. They were a very dark charcoal gray and since they were cloth, took to the black dye really well.

Personally, I like the regatta blue interior. My ASC 'vert has it and my old SSP had it. It was hard to find good pieces since a lot of people don't like it. I don't know too many people that would trade black for blue.
    79 Mustang Coupe - Jade Green Metallic - 5.0 5Sp - Purchased 2006
    17 Mustang Convertible - Triple Yellow Tri-Coat - 3.7l Auto - Purchased 2020
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Mustang - 3.8 Auto True Blue - Oct 2001- Apr 2022 RIP
    85 ASC - McLaren 5.0 SC - ASC White - 5.0 CFI Auto - Owned 2004 - 2016
    98 Mustang - White - 3.8 5pd - Owned 1998 - 2001
    84 Mustang SSP - White - 5.0 5sp - Owned 1993 - 1998
    84 SVO - Charcoal - 2.3t 5Sp - Owned 1989 -1992
    79 Mustang Ghia - 5.0 Auto - Owned 1981 - 1986
    68 Mustang Coupe - 302 Auto, Yellow - Owned 1980 - 1981

Yeah i don't think anyone is going to trade. I don't so much mind the blue interior, but it's gonna look goofy with the paint job the car is getting. I don't mind having to do a touch up every now and then if need be, and i'll still be on the lookout for real black if i have to or even hit up 50Resto for some repros.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 KY Highway Patrol SSP Coupe
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David