Close

Default Old Predator Pics found online

I was doing a random search on all things Predator and I came across this post on the Mustang Source

http://forums.themustangsource.com/s...d.php?t=437626

The eBay losting is long gone(2006) but the pictures were linked in the post.

I know he modified the front up to an 85 but I hadn't seen a Predator without some type of striping/hood blackout. It's still a very cool car still and a clean example that wouldn't be too much work to get it back to looking like it's supposed to.

I love that Cobra air cleaner! I'm definately going to have one of those for mine!

I did notice that the badge on the dash says Cobra, not GT 302. Could you get either badge or was it just replaced along the line sometime? It also looks like another Cobra badge on the left side of the hatch as well maybe? Not sure how I feel about the painted taillights either...

1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Put a late 85 GT nose on that and paint all the trim back to black and it would be perfect. Its nice to see one thats not red for once (no offense ).
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

I have more pictures of the car, if you want them.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-19-2010 at 11:16 AM.

As far as Predators go, the trim was never black and it's an 84, already has the incorrect 85 nose on it. If it had the correct hood it would probably have had the blacked out center or full stripes.

And no offense taken If mine wasn't a Predator i'd probably be changing the color as well.
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

I stand corrected... 02Z06's LRB Predator had black trim. It was so faded it looked like it matched the paint lol!
    1984 Predator 4S-130

Chris's trim would be grey. Its an 85 Predator. They all had grey trim. The car you posted pictures of, if I recall the story correctly, was purchased from the dealer with the 85 nose.

I owned a black and gold 85 Predator at one time so they are not all red.

Quote Originally Posted by mattster34 View Post
    I stand corrected... 02Z06's LRB Predator had black trim. It was so faded it looked like it matched the paint lol!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    Chris's trim would be grey. Its an 85 Predator. They all had grey trim. The car you posted pictures of, if I recall the story correctly, was purchased from the dealer with the 85 nose.

I owned a black and gold 85 Predator at one time so they are not all red.
    I didnt say they were all red im just sayin thats what you see a lot.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

There is a story posted about that car online somewhere, I think he took it back to solomon after he had it for a while and had an '85 nose installed because he liked the look better. The trim on the car is black though because it's an '84. Solomon painted the body side moldings on all predators body color.

The trim on my red '85 was painted black at one point, but is incorrect. It should be gray, as all '85/6 cars were.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto