Well, finally tracked down one of the principals of Bivouac (name held on request as at first he seemed rather annoyed I found him), had a brief conversation (after finding out I am harmless) which answered most of my questions as seen below transcribed from the notes I was taking.....

Decided on a 2 seater "sports model" instead of the more common 4 seater conversions of the time some of which frightened him as far as engineering and safety went at that time.

They produced 133 Mustang convertible conversions in total, all but three built on a per order basis. He could not remember the breakdown, but stated the majority of them were 6cyl automatics.

No automatic equipped V8's were produced.

4 cars shipped to Hertz(6cyl cars) for evaluation (black with black cloth interior)

Convertible top material and pattern is based on the 1981-1982 Mercedes 280/380SL series, minor modifications to how the top was mounted based on their own design of top frame, but nothing drastic.

Bracing was all custom engineered, no patterns for these pieces survive today.

Door glass was the same used for the factory T-Top cars.

With the rumor of Cars and Concepts getting a contract with Ford to produce a "factory" Mustang convertible, their orders dried up and the company slowly moved on to other products............

He did not have much else to say on the car(s) other than it was an exciting time in the industry.

Bill S.