Close

Default Need help with some wires I found???

Hey guys I was puttin my hiring harness back in the convertible and found 5 wires cut and stripped with 2 of them spliced together. Its on the pass side on the computer harness (Its not part of the dash as the dash is downstairs). Heres a pic I need to know what this if for so I can fix it.

Thanks

John

sorry for the crappy cell phone pic its all i had

Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

really going to need a pict that shows where the harness is compared to other engine components. Is it in the engine bay? Or the dash cluster?

Joe E.

No its part of the engine harness on the pass side that goes through the firewall. It has NOTHING to do with the dash whatssoever. Its in the same strand as the computer plug. Besides that there 1 or 2 other plugs thats it. I dont know where the camera is I my brother keep taking it.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.

How about wire insulation colors? I'll check the wiring in my 85RS tomorrow - the kick panels are off so it's easy to see.
    67 Cougar
    85 Jalepeno Red GT
    85 Bright Red RS
    88 Smoke Grey GT Hatch
    88 Bright Regata Blue GT Hatch
    89 Bright Regata Blue GT Vert

2 greens, a pinkish red, an orange and a white one. I'm hopin the parts car has the same connector so I can grab it.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5

New User

Im not 100% sure but i think there's a plug that gose there, that plugs into a relay, that runs your fuel pump.

OK, here it is. It connects to a sensor/relay/buzzer - not sure what it is, but it looks like it is fastened to the dash. Hoping someone on the site can identify it. Number is E3SB 11433 A2A. This is a wiring harness out of an 85 5.0, 5 speed.

Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    67 Cougar
    85 Jalepeno Red GT
    85 Bright Red RS
    88 Smoke Grey GT Hatch

I'm thinking that this might be the back window heat control relay. It mounts above the glove box door, according to the 85 wiring schematic.

The differences are that the wire insulation colors in the picture of the previous post are:

2 green with black dash; pink with blue dash; orange; grey with a yellow stripe.

The wiring schematic, page 12, connector C-1001, has wire the following wire insulation colors:

Yellow; white with pink; grey with yellow, black.
    Last edited by GTJerry; 03-13-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Include info from wiring schematic
    67 Cougar
    85 Jalepeno Red GT
    85 Bright Red RS
    88 Smoke Grey GT Hatch

Hmmm well thats interesting as I dont have window heat control. Found out the 87 GT parts car has a similar one but idk what it does?
    A bunch of 85gt's