Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I sure hope everyone here got their information situated.

Mark VII is a model of car Lincoln Makes.
    LSC, BB is a sub-model like GT or LX
    LSC stands for Luxary Sports Coupe
    BB stands for Bill Blass
    351m stands for Modified. Completely different than the 351w

Since a TC rearend was also mentioned....... TC rearends are 3/4” wider per side due to axle length.

They have 4 lug but add disc brakes.

Those brakes are very different from the SVO rear brakes.

SVO brakes are different in every imaginable way from caliper piston size to lug count being 5

the 93 Cobra (except R code) and the TC used the same rear diff track width. 93 cobras ((except R) have their own front rotors to also add 3/4” of width to the front so offset could be the same on all 4 wheels. Actual 93 Cobra wheels have a difference in offset to bring the 93 cobra back to standard fox track width.

if you want the same width front and rear and to use TC stuff you can either use normal 7.5 and 8.8 4 lug fox mustang axles with Northern Racing brackets or flipped and notched Tbird/cobra brackets. Or you can switch to OE 1993 Cobra wheels and 1993 cobra rotors in front or use long lugs with hub centric spacers.

personally if 4 lug is required I would go Northern Racing brackets because it’s the shortest and cheapest and best 4 lug parts list. Feel free to reference the ultimate 4 lug thread and add any helpful info from this thread into it.

That being said, I bought the rear diff out of a 1995GT and threw it into my 1986GT and swapped the front over to 95 spindle with 99GT calipers and Baer rotors with the good parts to make it all work right. M1858 master cyl, etc. I have about 1/2 the money in my 86 to do that swap vs what I have in my 85 that’s a Saleen clone so it’s staying 4 lug for mesh wheel reasons.

I fully expect the SN95 based setup on my 1986GT will completely and entirely embarrass the 4 lug setup on the 85 once it’s done. And I paid double!

Don’t get me wrong it won’t be bad. Stock on the SVO was 155 ft 60-0 and 148ft 60-0 on the 93 Cobra (except R. r Runs SN95 stuff from the factory). The stuff I’m using on the 86GT with sticky 245/45/17’s under it is 60-0 in less than 100 ft. Repeat stops increase fast due to fade.

Perspective — the MM 11” 87-93 brake pad and flex line upgrade kit achieves around 112 with drum brakes still in back! There’s a street cars best bang for buck!

I expect my 4 lug setup on the Saleen with the konis dialed in will be about 110-115 also but we will see. Fade will be less than the MM stuff since the tears are disc. It will roll on 16x8 Riken mesh wheels with 225/50/16 street legal track tires eventually. It’s currently being built with ARE 16x7 which are getting G2’s for the street..

Quote Originally Posted by GranadoJL View Post
    I sure hope everyone here got their information situated.

Mark VII is a model of car Lincoln Makes.
    LSC, BB is a sub-model like GT or LX
    LSC stands for Luxary Sports Coupe
    BB stands for Bill Blass
    351m stands for Modified. Completely different than the 351w
    I interrupt this thread to re-post this. GranadoJL has been a forum member for over 4 1/2 years and this is the first item he has considered important enough to post. Just kidding! I guess we can safely assume you are a person of few words, LOL. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    I interrupt this thread to re-post this. GranadoJL has been a forum member for over 4 1/2 years and this is the first item he has considered important enough to post. Just kidding! I guess we can safely assume you are a person of few words, LOL. Nothing wrong with that.
    Lol.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Rotflmao ��

Love the jokes.. I just bought my first fox Mustang a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking to get info on swapping in Mark VII brakes and rear axle into my mustang. I drive a '90 LSC SE as a daily driver with just lots of mustang parts. My Lincoln thinks it's a mustang in general. LOL. I have a '91 Lincoln LSC parts car that I will be using as a donor car for my mustang. I'm more familiar with classic mustangs in general, but figured at $1100 sure i'll buy a one owner convertible mustang. Yes, it has a 4 banger, but ice cold A/C. I have a 5.0 recently built ready to go into the mustang too. I figured I'll start from the bottom up. Always easier in my eyes.

The plan will be to swap in the entire front brake setup and rear housing from the Mark VII and slap in Ranger axles. Going to 5 lug and disk brakes all around for a few bucks. I have three sets of Crown Vic/Mark VII mesh wheels I will be installing on the mustang as well. Soooo, the front hub is no issue at all. I'll post as I start the swap. Glad to see a few jokers around here. Looking forward to posting more here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12